Chair: Bryn Rhodes
Scribe: Robert Jenders
Joint Meeting: CDS WG hosting CQI WG
- CDS Hooks Connectathon Report out and Project Update/Ballot Triage
- FHIRCast Project Update
- FHIRCast Trackers
- CDS Hooks
- Isaac Vetter reported on this standard in the Connectathon and provided updates regarding this project, including a brief primer on the standard itself.
- WG members generally discussed various uses and potential implementations of the standard.
- CDS Hooks 1.1
- Current, published version = 1.0.
- Work on v1.1 started last year as an augmentation of v1.0.
- Added features:
- Generally, the v1.1 updates allow a CDS service to receive computable data regarding acceptance or rejection of CDS recommendations to clinicians.
- Practically this resulted in inclusion of several constructs in CDS Hooks: "override reasons"; a "feedback service"; and refinements to the CDS Hooks-mediated response, while preserving backward compatibility.
- Approximately 100 recent ballot comments, now undergoing review.
- Connectathon Report
- Dennis Patterson reported on CDS Hooks activity in the recent HL7 Connectathon which featured a mix of CDS vendors, including CDS service providers and consumers (EHR system vendors).
- Scenarios included: Override reasons, feedback service and CDS cards.
- Discussions for future features: "trigger guards" (allow a CDS service to constrain notifications); mechanisms to reduce alert fatigue.
- Next steps: v1.1 ballot comment processing; capturing best practices; solicit suggestions for future features.
- FHIRcast Project Update
- Isaac Vetter provided a description of FHIRCast and described recent activity.
- FHIRCast is intended to be a Web-based mechanism for context synchronization with a flavor similar to the CCOW standard.
- Goal for 2020-2021: Release STU2 specification and deploy.
- This standard was involved in the recent Connectathon, too, with several vendors.
- CDS FHIR Tracker Items
- Issue FHIR-20825
- Unable to isolate which practitioner should be doing which action in a recommendation.
- Proposed solution: Add PlanDefinition.actor that will allow specification of an actor type and a role.
- Motion to approve van den Heuvel, second Eisenberg. Vote: 31/0/1.
- Issue FHIR-27752
- Proposal: Add to PlanDefinition an optional name such that the output and input elements would have a string requirement = a human-readable name for a data element requirement.
- Motion to approve Hamlin, second Samples. Vote: 29/0/3.