August 14th, 2020
12:30pm - 1:15pm
ACS CAN → Kelly Durden, Devon Adams
MITRE → Caroline Potteiger, Salim Semy, Zach Lister, Michelle Casagni
Cancer Insights → Tarun Kumar, Shilpa Mahatma, Sharon Alford
BreastCancerTrials.org → Elly Cohen
- All → take a look at the Trial Matching contact list and let Caroline know of any missing organizations.
- All → please create a Confluence account and let Caroline know when you do. Here is the link - https://jira.hl7.org/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=11200&issuetype=11300
- All → brainstorm ways to recruit patients for the Phase 1A study.
- Salim → send Elly IRB study proposal.
Discussion notes in blue. Decisions in green. Action items in red.
Planned Agenda Topics
- <Hold for hot topics from project team>
- Update on ACS CAN membership?
- Engagement Update
- UCSF → Elly meeting with Adam and Leslie August 17th.
- UTSW → met with UTSW on Wednesday and will be following up next week.
- Massive Bio → Seline will be looking into what's needed to send over patient data for the minimal eligibility criteria.
- Trialjectory → will be discussing their timeline for working on a project like this and will get back to us.
- Flatiron → will be discussing internally what's needed to send over patient data.
- NCI → meeting on August 17th.
- Other updates?
- Public Call
- Caroline created a list of all the orgs we've talked to about this project so we can send out a personalized email to them.
- Any additions to the list?
- Phase 1A Planning (continued)
- Please use this link to see project planning - Trial Matching - 1A Tasks
- Notes were taken on the Trial Matching - 1A Tasks page.
- One of the goals for Phase 1A is to create a working version of this project so when health systems and other organizations would like to join, there is a low barrier of entry.
- Could potentially list this study on BreastCancerTrials.org.
- We should include all types of trials in Phase 1A. This could be interventional for treatment and/or symptoms, interventional for quality of life, or observational.
- With the current demo, trial type is designated by clinicaltrials.gov.
- The type of patient who would join this phase of the study is probably a patient who is highly motivated to find a clinical trial.
- There are many myths that cause patients to not join clinical trials.