Meeting Information

https://zoom.us/j/98660729671?pwd=Z3VRcSs4RTA1M0tQVGtMUFJBWWd5UT09

Attendee Pass: HTAMeet

Chair:  Julie James

Scribe: 

Attendees

Attendee type:

H - HTA Member

O - observer

L - liaison

Present

P - present

A - Apologies

Name

Affiliation

HPJulie JamesBlue Wave Informatics LLP
HP

Roel Barelds

Precipius b.v.

HPSusan MatneyIntermountain Health
HPSylvia ThunHL7 Germany
HPCarol MacumberClinical Architecture
HPReuben DanielsSaludax
H
Davera GabrielJohns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
L

Wayne Kubick

HL7 (CTO)

L
Suzy RoySNOMED International
OPAndrea MacLeanCanada Health Infoway
O
Soraya AssarMathematica
OPTed KleinKlein Consulting / HL7 UTG / Vocabulary WG CoChair
O
Jessica BotaApelon
OPRob HausamVocabulary WG CoChair
LPRob McClureUS Realm Liason
O
Carmela CoudercVocab WG CoChair

Minutes of Teleconference 2020-07-22 

Motion to accept proposed and accepted.

Agenda Topics


Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

StatusLead

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Management

Quorum

Minutes Approval

HTA Membership

N/AJulie

Quorum is met

Motion to approve Minutes proposed

SM moves, RB seconds: Motion 5-0-0

ManagementHTA call-in details
Julie

The reminder from the HL7 TC server did not have the correct dial in details.  Julie had changed these, but in order for these to "stick" for a recurring meeting, the series must be deleted and re-booked with the new details. 

Carol is undertaking to sort this (for the process-challenged chair)

ManagementPlanning for September Virtual WGMNewJulie

HL7’s Virtual Plenary & Working Group Meeting from September 21-25

Currently scheduled (via the Doodle website):

  • HTA (Open) Tuesday 22 September - two "slots" between 19.00-23.00 BST (I think); we can choose when to meet within that range; will aim for 19.00-21:00 BST (14.00-16.00 EST)
  • HTA with Vocab Wednesday 23 September - two slots 2-3pm EST - focus on UTG and 3-4pm EST 

Tripartite HTA-Vocab-FHIR-I - to check/confirm 6-8pm EST Thursday 24 September (not required for Europeans to attend since it is at midnight)

Topics to include

    • Code System Maintenance
    • When is a code system not a code system
    • Managing externally sourced artefacts in UTG
TopicNew PSSContinuousJulie

No new PSS currently

TopicGOM changesUpdateJulie

Email sent to GOC, who are "forwarding our comments to the EC for consideration" (ref. email to HTA List 2020-07-28 22:08 BST)

Julie to check in a couple of weeks' time if any further feedback

TopicExternal SDO Issues or additional topicsContinuous

Carol and Suzy Roy 


LOINC License agreement - https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/179252-IG-creation/topic/LOINC.20license.20agreement

The HTA will contact LOINC and ask for clarification.  We understand that other organisations have been asked to action this change, so we are not expecting any "exceptions".  

Note: Sara will be leaving LOINC; it would be good to have a new liaison

Topic

External Code Systems 


Continuous

1) Review of the Standards Collaborative content on our External Terminologies pages; very pleased for this work.  Next step is for CHI to request stubs for these in UTG (using UTG Jira ticket).  Technical correct or change proposal?  Former goes straight through the system, latter goes through the consensus review.  For now, will use consensus review

CHI are hoping to be able to retire the SCTEMP code system in the future so a note to this effect will be added in the "Other useful Information" space - Andrea has done this.

Registration of these three code systems was publicised via the Terminology Zulip chat (Carol)

2) Update on NHSN HSLOC Code System

Carol: Sheila expects the canonical code system URL to be available next week, so once we have this, we can further the process of communication once we have this (the page has some data but not full yet).  We acknowledge that there are multiple different URLs for this code system and some of these may have been used in IGs and this will be taken into account when the HTA communicates the authoritative URL (which will be flagged as "preferred" in the resource).

TopicCode system "stub" creationOngoingCarol/ReubenDo we need to do any more on this?
TopicCommunicating ChangeOngoingWayne

Do we need to do any more on this?


TopicUpdate to new PSS ProcessUpdateJulie/WayneEmail sent to PIC
TopicWhen a code system is not a code systemNewJulie

Discussion of when a code system is not a code system but is a syntax….

  • To be discussed at the Virtual WGM in September
TopicUTG UpdateContinuousCarol/Jess

Topic


Discussion with FHIR - Managing change in code system identificationOngoingReuben

Also FHIR Vocabulary Binding for Authors

  • To be discussed at the Virtual WGM in September
TopicIssue with NUCCNewTed/Rob McC

NUCC HIPPA Value Sets

For V3 value sets using NUCC, there are enumerated values (even if an intensional definition - e.g. all children of level 1 concepts").  Codes have changed....and value sets are now not generating correctly.  The value set stewards are responsible to updates, but there is currently a set of erroneous value sets from NUCC for core MIF content. Gail Kochar is responsible for NUCC but currently it is not behaving as a "well behaved code system".  
Rob H has some responsibility as maintainer of the terminology server for the FHIR build 

RobMc/Ted/RobH to sort and report back

AdjournmentMeeting adjournedN/AJulie

Call adjourned at 21.00 BST

Action Items