TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498


HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020--06-08
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer


Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin Kreisler
Tony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClure
Riki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexMartin Hurrell

xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Lynn Laakso







xRachel Foerster






xDavid DeRoode

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval 
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-06-01 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. TSC Feedback on Succession Planning
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. STU Extension Request by the Structured Documents WG of the Infrastructure SD for C-CDA R2.1 Advance Directives Supplement R1 at Project Insight 1323 for two years
    2. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the PA WG of the Administrative SD for Situational Awareness for Novel Epidemic Response Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1617
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Anesthesia WG Minutes - update from May WG Health release
    2. Request from Structured Documents WG to use PSS scope update process for new release of HL7 Implementation Guide(s) for CDA Release 2 & FHIR Release 4: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports 
    3. Update on Normative Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Results, Release 1 at Project Insight 898
    4. Question from FM WG regarding using trademarked names as tags
    5. TSC nomination status for upcoming election
    6. Virtual WGM Update
      1. Mary Ann attended FMG last week - review conversation/ideas proposed here: 2020-06-03 FMG Agenda/Minutes
  6. Parking Lot
    1. Coordination efforts with external terminology organizations
    2. Revisiting HL7 architectures and the role of ARB 
    3. Task force reports
    4. Time zones and virtual meetings
    5. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    6. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    7. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    8. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    9. JIRA balloting and Best practices for ballot review in large organizations

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Rachel here as an observer. Others here for agenda topics.
    2. Agenda review and approval 
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-06-01 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
      1. Minutes accepted via general consent
  2. Discussion topics:
    1. Anesthesia WG Minutes - update from May WG Health release
      1. Martin added the most recent minutes to the website. He will add them to Confluence. Austin asks about posting previous minutes. Martin states he will work on getting those posted. He reports they lost a cochair recently and they slipped into the habit of having informal agreements because they were such a small group. Austin: You've got a serious problem having gone to ballot last cycle where they had to confirm they had discussed and agreed to do so in minutes. Martin asks how to remedy - is there a way they can convene a meeting to assert that was the will of the group and do a minuted, quorate vote now? Austin asks the TSC what they think - can we now formalize what was done informally after the fact? Or do we have to rescind the ballot? Martin asks what the formal words they should use in obtaining the retrospective approval? Austin: Retroactively approve the submission of the NIB and submission of the content for ballot. Martin notes they had a formal vote of the spreadsheet reconciliation and that is in the minutes from last week. 
      2. Martin notes that they've got an agreement in principle with Devices WG to merge with them. Austin notes that he and Wayne are in support of that. Martin states they've voted on it and recorded a vote that they would like it to happen. Devices say that they approved the merge in May 2019 but they can't find a vote. Austin: They need to vote again and minute it, and then it goes to steering division (Clinical).
    2. Request from Structured Documents WG to use PSS scope update process for new release of HL7 Implementation Guide(s) for CDA Release 2 & FHIR Release 4: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports 
      1. Wayne takes over chair for this discussion so Austin can represent the issue with David. 
      2. Need to get this item to ballot as quickly as possible. Austin: Release 3 is currently in reconciliation. Under normal circumstances we'd put together a new PSS for the material moving forward to release 4. We don't have time for a new PSS; rather, we're updating the scope of the previous PSS to cover the material related to COVID-19. Lorraine doesn't see a problem and it's not that unusual. Austin: This would be Release 4 STU 1, which is a typical pattern for this material (normative release followed by STU releases leading up to the next normative release). General consensus that the TSC approves the approach.
    3. Update on Normative Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Results, Release 1 at Project Insight 898
      1. Austin reclaims chair
      2. Austin reports that the publication request was put on hold due to an irregularity on the ballot reconciliation due to a change marked substantive. It turns out, after ARB consultation, that the change was not substantive. WG went through a series of steps to reopen reconciliation, correct the error, and repost the spreadsheet, including announcements to the ballot pool.
        1. MOTION to approve the publication request: Lorraine/Melva
        2. VOTE: All in favor (9-0-0)
    4. Question from FM WG regarding using trademarked names as tags
      1. MK notes this is around CARIN Blue Button. The Blue Button name in the HL7 title was removed; however, people still call it CARIN Blue Button informally. Can we add that to the tags so when people look it up they can find it? Austin notes they can list it in the publication request in the common names section. The legal question remains, however, 
      2. Jean departs
      3. Discussion over whether the permission CARIN received applies to this situation. Walter notes that it was originally trademarked by the VA and the new version is trademarked by CMS. Seems that we can use it as long as we follow the rules at https://www.healthit.gov/topic/health-it-initiatives/blue-button/logo-and-usage#:~:text=Finally%2C%20the%20Blue%20Button%20marks,of%20the%20Blue%20Button%20marks. MK notes that the CMS blue button is entirely different than this blue button. Need to review CARIN's agreement that gave them permission to use the name. David reports that using it as a keyword is fair use. Rob: We would have to note that it's not endorsed by HHS.
      4. Wayne: CARIN needs to describe how they intend to use it and produce evidence that it's not in violation of the trademark.
      5. MK will reach out to contacts and Mark to resolve.
    5. TSC nomination status for upcoming election
      1. We have nominees for Clinical and Org Support. Need nominees for Infrastructure, Administrative, and International. SD cochairs should resend the nomination email back out to the WGs. Giorgio will send reminder to the IC. 
    6. Virtual WGM Update
      1. Mary Ann attended FMG last week - review conversation/ideas proposed here: 2020-06-03 FMG Agenda/Minutes
        1. Austin asks if anyone has heard anything from others or has ideas about timing and structure.
        2. Wayne reports that HQ is sending out a survey today to gather feedback that will end no later than Friday.
        3. Paul: Key challenge is time zones. If we do 2 quarters in EST, maybe from 1-4, that will allow maximum participation from Eastern Asia through Western Europe.
        4. Melva: Pharmacy tried to schedule a call late in the afternoon to accommodate an Australian cochair and they lost a lot of US participation. 
        5. Rob: Can we encourage the community to hold two blocks and have at least one cochair attend both blocks? 
        6. Walter advises against forcing everyone to meet at the same time. Sandy reports that in ISO you signed up for individual WGs. 
        7. Need to allow WGs to determine their own timing. 
        8. Austin mentions TSC meeting, general sessions, cochair dinner, etc. What do we do about those?
        9. Wayne asks people to review and send any comments to Wayne; https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MYJWMGH
  3. Adjourned at 11:58 am