|Ballot comment review|
- Clarify that 275 is not a current HIPAA requirement, only the 278
- Persuasive with Mod
- Change header to "Is Prior Authorization Requred?"
- Process requires provider to initiate a prior auth with something other than the standard and then pay someone to put it into the standard
- Clarify that the "black box" can be provider software, a clearinghouse, a business associate - it's something that meets HIPAA requirements and translates from FHIR
- "Black box" is service responsible for communication with a payer or their agent, and handles any HIPAA requirements that may exist
- Clarify that "intermediary" can be the provider's technology
- If subscription was part of this process, it would immediately inform the EHR that an update has been made -the EHR would then go grab it
- Update the IG to indicate that polling is supported at this time, where subscription can't be supported, with the intent to move to subscription only in a future release of the IG
- What happens if the provider doesn't have the subscription service or polling function?
- To implement this IG, would need to support one or the other