Emergency Care Screening
Common Screenings done in the ED
- FAST Exam (facial drooping, arm weakness, speech difficulties, time)
- Domestic Violence
- SAFE Questions (Stress/Safety, Afraid/Abused, Friends/Family, Emergency plan)
- Alcohol/Drug Abuse
- (NIAAA: 1) How many days per week do you drink alcohol?, On a typical day when you drink, how many drinks do you have?, 3) what is the maximum number of drinks you had on any given day in the past month?))
- DAST DAST.pdf
- Tobacco Use
- Y/N, form, amount, length of use, age started
- Communicable diseases
- Influenza - flu shot received, Y/N
- Ebola - travel outside of US
- Zika - ??
- Seatbelt Use
- Y/N, always, sometimes, never...
- Fall Risk
- Fall within 12 months, number, last
(note to Laura - build the table to see how this data fits into the resources (questionnaire, questionnaire response, who is asking the question, when, what is done with the results/content/answers received)
Preamble: The use case focus for this track will be limited to the screening done during the patient's ED visit.
Emergency Care Triage
- Patient Name
- Mrs. Patricia (Pat) Chess
- 42-year-old full time office assistant, was involved in a road accident
- Patient Condition
- Post MVA
- Pat is admitted to ER, treated and transferred to OR (see primary story)
- Diagnostic abdominal, peripheral, and chest and spinal X-rays and CT, showed a closed undisplaced comminuted fracture left mid shaft femur, fracture left ribs 6-7 with spleen and liver contusions. No fracture vertebrae detected.
Emergency Care Admission
Emergency Care Care Provision and Treatment
Emergency Care Discharge