Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
Justification and Objectives
- Explore methods to maintain and manage a v2-to-FHIR mapping that can be referenced by FHIR mapping tabs, v2+ mapping tabs, and direct query.
- The tooling may end up being FHIR based and/or FHIR enabled.
This track will use what version of FHIR.
Clinical input requested (if any)
Proposed Track Lead
Altarum: Craig Newman
Audicious Inquiry: Keith Boone
CDC: Jason Hall / Megan Light
Cerner: Hans Buitendijk
Health Intersections: Grahame Grieve
JKM Software: Sean Muir
Northrop: Rishi / Marcelo Caldas / Shu McGarvey
Redox: Benjamin Flessner / Brendan Keeler
TBX: Robert Worden
Google Cloud: Yatish Gupta/ Roman Polyanovsky
- Editor - HL7 volunteers/support staff to maintain the mappings
- Publisher - v2+, FHIR, and other venues to publish the content
- Integration Engines - consuming mappings to pre-populate their tools
- Tooling developers writing software to automate the mapping process.
- We will have a repository on GitHub containing sample Version 2 messages that implementers can use to test their conversion tools, along with places for people to store sample outputs from conversions of those message. Link <TBD>
NOTE: Every version of the base standard has sample messages that would be useful to verify some mappings, but we will want to use real world samples where possible. Other sources might include open source testing tools and scripts (e.g., NIST ONC testing tools)
- We anticipate scenarios will include sample messages where people can try different mappings and mapping technologies:
- We may explore different mappings from the proposed mappings.
- v2-to-FHIR mapping storage options, e.g., FHIR StructureDefinition, Composition, etc.
- Maintain/edit v2-to-FHIR mappings, e.g., Individual components, Spreadsheet style, Other?
- Publish mappings for ballot review and general access
- FHIR based API access to mappings for:
- Sample v2 messages/segments/fields to use:
Security and Privacy Considerations
We will not be requiring TLS to participate.