Attendance

!!! Don't forget to log your attendance

Agenda

DayQuarterEventRoomTopics
MondayQ1 9:00amNo meetingN/A
Q2 11:00amNo meetingN/A
Q3 1:45pmClinical Interoperability Council hosting Imaging Integration,Clinical Information Modeling Initiative M104

Cancer Interoperability related projects

Q4 3:30pmFHIR Infrastructure hosting II, FM, MnMImperial Salon A

FHIR-I Topics






TuesdayQ1 9:00amII/WG-20Parlor 1132 (11th floor)

1. Opening

  • Call to order, introductions, and welcome.
  • Review & approval of the Agenda
  • Minutes of the previous meeting.
  • Antitrust rules.

2. General Administration

  • Review PBS Metrics (Sep 2019 interim /  Sep 2019 final)
  • Review Workgroup Health Metrics (Sep 2019 interim / Sep2019 final)
  • Review joint meeting agendas
  • Review and approve DMP document 
  • Review any other housekeeping topics
Q2 11:00amII/WG-20Parlor 1132

3. Review Projects and update Project Deadlines

  • Sponsor
    • ImagingStudy and R5
    • ImagingReference
    • Status of Potential Project: FHIR Release 4 II Objects
    • (Cancer project Q3)
    • Status of Project 1230: HL7 Endorsement of DICOM PS3.20: Imaging Reports using HL7 CDA
  • Co-sponsor
    • Status of Project 1343 (Eye Care and Ophthalmology on FHIR)
    • Status of Project 1010 (Ordering service interface spec)
    • Status of Project 862 (Unique Specimen Identifier Requirements)
  • Dental Interop Project #1482 Discussion (II is an "interested party")
Q3 1:45pmII/WG-20Parlor 1132Review Cancer project
Q4 3:30pmInfrastructure and Messaging hosting IIParlor 1132

FHIRcast

  • Overview & status
  • STU1 ballot status
  • STU2 goals and timelines
  • What's the right HL7 working group to shepherd FHIRcast?
.



WednesdayQ1 9:00amII/WG-20L502

Continue with work on FHIRCast

Q2 11:00amOrders and Observations hosting IIL506Shared interest topic discussions/reviews/updates.


Q3 1:45pmII/WG-20L502

Continue with work on ImagingReference, ImagingStudy

Q4 3:30pmII/WG-20 hosting FHIR InfrastructureL506

Joint meeting with FHIR-I

.



ThursdayQ1 9:00amII/WG-20
L502
  • Plan next T-CONS
  • gforge items
  • Continue with work on ImagingReference, ImagingStudy
  • Discuss FHIR-based Modality Worklist / Modality Performed Procedure Step workflow
    • Discussion planned with O&O
Q2 11:00amOrders and Observations hosting II
L508

FHIR Planning plus Observation-Media-DocumentReference-DiagnosticReport-Composition

Q3 1:45pmNo meeting


Q4 3:30pmNo meeting

.



FridayQ1 9:00amNo meetingN/AN/A
Q2 11:00amNo meetingN/AN/A
Q3 1:45pmNo meetingN/AN/A
Q4 3:30pmNo meetingN/AN/A

Minutes


Voting Members Present                             Represented by                 9/17                     9/18                       9/19

Agfa HealthCare                                                Bill Wallace                                                         x

GE Healthcare                                                    Chris Lindop                        x                              x                              x

Change Healthcare                                          Elliot Silver                          x

Philips                                                                   Chris Melo                                                           x

Siemens Healthineers                                     Eric Martin

Vital/Canon                                                        Jonathan Whitby              x                              x                              x

Voting Members Not Present                      Represented by

AAPM                                                                   Lawrence Tarbox

ACR                                                                        Jim Philbin

Carl Zeiss                                                              Regis Deshayes

Canon Medical Research                                Kevin O’Donnell

Corista                                                                  David Allen

Laitek                                                                    Fred Behlen

NCI/CBIIT                                                             Ulrike Wagner  

NVIDIA                                                                 Brad Genereaux

PixelMed                                                             David Clunie

Sectra                                                                    Niklas Svenzen                                  

Web3D Consortium                                         Nicholas Polys                                   

Alternate, Observers, Guests                     Represented by

By Light Professional Services                   John Moehrke/HL7                                          x

Epic                                                                     Isaac Vetter/HL7                                               x                              x

FHIR/Furore/HL7                                              Ewout Kramer                                                   x

HL7 Austria and DICOM Usergroup Austria Reinhard Egelkraut     x                              x                              x

Mayo Clinic                                          Anthony Julian              x

MITA/NEMA                                         Luiza Kowalczyk            x                       x                       x

Kaiser Permanente                               Sandra Stuart               x

Regenstrief Institute                                       Daniel Vreeman                                                x


Presiding Officers:                                                            Jonathan Whitby, Vital/Canon

                                                                                         Christopher Lindop, GE Healthcare

DICOM Secretariat:                                                          Luiza Kowalczyk, MITA/NEMA



Opening

The meeting was called to order at 09:00 a.m. local time.

The antitrust rules were reviewed, and DICOM patent policy as well.

The agenda was approved: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/2019-09+WGM

Administrative

FHIRcast

Please click on the following link for more details on the FHIRcast roadmap: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FqCYaKQm1I0ZQwuVOhXjfYzr7_mFnEVw/view

Next steps:

Note: If anyone wants to provide any feedback for Websockets for STU 2 ,please go to GitHub: https://github.com/HL7/fhircast-docs/wiki/Websocket-proposal

Projects

Action items:

  1. Follow up with Diana .O – L. Kowalczyk
  2. Schedule a t-con
  3. Remove Elliot Silver as a facilitator from this project: http://www.hl7.org/special/committees/projman/searchableprojectindex.cfm?action=edit&ProjectNumber=1230

Track Items:

Work in progress

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/Works+in+Progress

ImageManifest resource: Reviewed and updated: Draft of ImagingReference for R5. Please click on the link for more details: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/Draft+of+ImagingReference+for+R5

The following use cases on Imaging Manifest were discussed:

  1. Communication of split/sort between applications.  Suppose I have an MG study, with 8 objects, TOMO and single-image instance LCC, RCC, LMLO, RMLO, and the source systems sends those in as 2 series, one for all single images and one for all tomos.  I’d like to be able to communicate that such a study is sorted into either of: All View types, with single image first, followed by multi-frame in same series.  Or, all view types, single image, then all view types tomo.  There isn’t an obvious other place to put such information.
  2. Storage of set-aside/remember view – like #1 more or less, but also includes some extra information on what is currently in view, and what GSPS is applied.
  3. XDS.i synchronization – like to query FHIR to XDS.I without needing any new framework (yes, this is ugly as sin, but it is still useful)
  4. Communication of measurements AS measurements from imaging application to reporting application – where only the measurement information is of interest, and the reporting application isn’t actually showing the image, but needs to ensure exact copying of the measurement.  This requires adding some sort of communication of measurement values AS measurement, not as “GSPS”.  My suggestion is include an AIM/TID.1500 section at the series or instance level.
  5. FHIRCast – communication of what is currently displayed in given viewports – where we only care about series/instance/frame information that is actually displayed right at the moment (so really a manifest of ONLY what is visible, nothing else.  It is complete for that purpose)
  6. Storage of what to display initially – the problem with XDS.I display is that there is no organization in the manifest.  So, if you have a multi-echo MR, all in one series, it doesn’t tell you anything.  I’d really like something in the manifest that says “display this stuff first, and in this order.”  Make that available on the XDS.I side as well so that you DON’T have to load every single instance before you can start displaying, and you still don’t need to worry about the order of the instances.
  7. Storage of what images were used for generating a report.  So, if the study gets more images after the report is generated, it is obvious exactly what images are new, and it is easy to review just the new stuff.  This might reference some series as only for 3d reconstruction (eg thin slice data), which requires slightly more sophisticated references.  This could be done with KO, but it isn’t QUITE key objects, but rather used/viewed/handled images.
  8. FHIRCast – communication of what key image is currently interesting for a report generation.  Note that this is subtly different from storing the key image itself, it is more about the fact that RIGHT NOW this key object got generated and it is what the author of the report is using for the report.  It is also probably a dynamic representation, and at the time the author says yes, store this report, then the actual key object gets generated. 

====================

  1. Indication of complete, partial or delta  (complete means full reference, partial means reference to everything currently of interest, delta means that it only adds to the previous (if any) manifest)
  2. Indication of suitability for display (suitable means that the images can be displayed in order, and if you don’t have enough space, then display the first ones first, or perhaps the marked instances first)
  3. For series, indication that this is a repeat, and a title for the repeat and the reason for this repeat
  4. For series and image level, the annotation relevant to this level (either as GSPS link or as AIM data, or perhaps both)
  5. The purpose of the manifest – with some standard values such as “regrouping”, “xds”, “fhircast”, “set aside” – not sure what all here.

Action Items:

New Business

Next Meetings

T-cons

Dial-in information: http://workspaces.nema.org/dicom/Lists/Calendar/calendar.aspx

Future Meetings of HL7 http://www.hl7.org/events/workgroupmeetings.cfm?ref=nav

2020

Secretary note: WG-20 II will not have an official meeting in Sydney.

Adjournment The meeting was adjourned on Thursday, September 19, 2019, 12:00 p.m. local time.