FHIR can and is profiled by organizations other than HL7. This page captures these organizations and the profiles they have published.
The status of these specifications is the other Organizations responsibility.
Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE)
IHE publishes their profiles on http://www.ihe.net
IHE subset of Profile on FHR http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/Category:FHIR
An IHE Profile is equivalent to a FHIR Implementation Guide. They take a specific use-case, define Actors, define Transactions, and define Options; From this a set of interoperability constraints are defined for each Actor within that Profile. These constraints can be coded as a FHIR Profile.
IT Infrastructure (ITI) domain
The IT Infrastructure profiles are published on the IHE Technical Framework web site and described on the IHE Wiki
Patient Care Coordination (PCC) domain
Patient Care Coordination profiles are published on the IHE Technical Framework, and described on the IHE wiki.
- Clinical Mapping (CMAP) supports mapping to and from clinical terminologies
- Guideline Appropriate Ordering (GAO) Supplies a mechanism by which EHR and departmental systems can evaluate orders to determine whether these orders conform to guidelines.
- Reconciliation of Clinical Content and Care Providers (RECON) Provides the ability to communicate lists of clinical data that were reconciled, when they were reconciled and who did the reconciliation using CDA® constructs and FHIR® Resource attributes
- Dynamic Care Planning (DCP) Profile provides the structures and transactions for care planning, sharing Care Plans that meet the needs of many, such as providers, patients and payers.
- Dynamic Care Team Management shares information about a patient's care teams
- Query for Existing Data for Mobile (mQED) queries for clinical data elements, including observations, allergy and intolerances, conditions, diagnostic results, medications, immunizations, procedures, encounters and provenance
- Point-of-Care Medical Device Tracking coses the loop on data acquisition at the point-of-care in support of reporting data about implantable medical devices and medical devices during a procedure
Radiology Imaging (RAD) domain
Radiology Imaging profiles are published on the IHE Technical Framework, and described on the IHE wiki.
Quality, Research, and Public Health (QRPH) domain
- Mobile Retrieve Form for Data Capture (mRFD) describes the exchange of context data to allow a seamless form launch with supporting clinical context
- Vital Records Death Reporting (VRDR) defines a Retrieve Form for Data Capture (RFD) content profile that will specify derivation of source content from a medical summary document. by defining requirements for form filler content and form manager handling of the content
In Public Comment