!!! Don't forget to log your attendance at http://bit.ly/hl7ii !!!
|Monday 14th||Q1 9:00am||No meeting||N/A|
|Q2 11:00am||No meeting||N/A|
|Q3 1:45pm||Patient Care hosting II, Struct Docs, Orders and Observations||Rio Grande East|
Clinical Notes (DocumentReference, DiagnosticReport)
|Q4 3:30pm||FHIR Infrastructure hosting II, FM, MnM||Regency Ballroom East 1/2|
|Tuesday 15th||Q1 9:00am||II/WG-20||Garden Terrace #135|
2. Dental Interoperability
Status of Project 1230: HL7 Endorsement of DICOM PS3.20: Imaging Reports using HL7 CDA
3. General Administration
|Q2 11:00am||II/WG-20||Garden Terrace #123|
3. Review Projects and update Project Deadlines
|Q3 1:45pm||II/WG-20||Garden Terrace #135|
|Q4 3:30pm||Orders and Observations hosting II||Mesquite||Boundary between Observation, Media, and DocumentReference|
|Wednesday 16th||Q1 9:00am||II/WG-20 hosting DICOM WG-29||Garden Terrace #135|
|Q2 11:00am||II/WG-20 hosting DICOM WG-29||Garden Terrace #135|
|Orders and Observations hosting reps of II||Mesquite|
|Q3 1:45pm||II/WG-20||Garden Terrace #135|
Status of Project 1392 (FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR)
Imaging Access for Consumers
|Q4 3:30pm||II/WG-20 hosting FHIR Infrastructure||Frio|
|Thursday 17th||Q1 9:00am||II/WG-20||Garden Terrace #135|
|Q2 11:00am||II/WG-20||Garden Terrace #135|
|Q3 1:45pm||II/WG-20 hosting DICOM WG-10||Garden Terrace #135|
|Q4 3:30pm||II/WG-20 hosting DICOM WG-10||Garden Terrace #135||Continue WG-10 topics|
|Friday 18th||Q1 9:00am||ISO/TC 215 WG-2 hosting WG10 / II / WG-20||?||?|
|Q2 11:00am||ISO/TC 215 WG-2 hosting WG10 / II / WG-20||?||?|
|Q3 1:45pm||ISO/TC 215 WG-2 hosting WG10 / II / WG-20||?||?|
|Q4 3:30pm||No meeting||N/A||N/A|
Access Code: 154-500-805
First GoToMeeting? Do a quick system check at: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check
Presiding Officers: Brad Genereaux, Agfa Healthcare
Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare
DICOM Secretariat: Luiza Kowalczyk, MITA
1.1. The meeting was called to order at 9:00 US Central Time Zone
1.2. The antitrust rules and DICOM patent policy were reminded.
1.3. The agenda was approved
1.4. The minutes from the previous meeting were approved.
2. Dental Interoperability - Dental Interop Project #1482
- Discussion (II is an "interested party")
- Discussion from imaging point of view
- Let’s talk about the entire dental industry (integrating images)
- What about 3D images using for crowns, Gemini project too, improving dental imaging across Europe, reading images,
- DICOM images in 3D format are good for crowns etc and has a good impact on practice
- Where is the value? Is it worth pushing on it?
3. Project 1230: HL7 Endorsement of DICOM PS3.20: Imaging Reports using HL7 CDA
- HL7 is a periodic maintenance model and DICOM is a continuous maintenance model
- Not retiring PS3.20, the content is valid.
MOTION: Next steps are:
4. General Administration
- Change in leadership of WG-20 II
- Reviewed PBS Metrics (Jan2019 interim)
- Reviewed Workgroup Health Metrics (Jan2019 interim)
- Reviewed joint meeting agendas: WG-29 Education, Communication, and Outreach & WG-10 Strategy
- Review and approve DMP document – Elliot and Brad
5. Cancer interoperability project
- Rich gave updates on his efforts to collaborate with Chris Carr from RSNA / ACR, and his participation next week with the IHE / SDC group at their connectathon in Cleveland.
- Here is a link to the Breast-Cancer Modeling PSS from the HL7 site:
6. Project Gemini
Chris Carr on Project Gemini
• Gemini is outgrowth of confusion between FHIR and IHE.
• HL7 is aware of hype surrounding FHIR. There is a recognition of the role of IHE.
• Good faith effort work together
○ Includes sync 4 science (http://bit.ly/bof-s4s)
• Drew parallel to IHE development of SWF (scheduled workflow)
• Move things forward with pilots, connectathons
• Focus includes leveraging FHIRcast, CDShooks, better capture of data elements, SMARTonFHIR/S4S for imaging
• ACR's Ditch the Disk initiative may be a chance to show benefits of Imaging Access for Consumers. Potential for demo at RSNA.
• Other potential: immunization projects, IHE dynamic care plan profile
• Tie in to CDE (common data elements) shows mapping between domains. - initial focus may be cancer, but that may change.
• Wants to run S4S track at next FHIR connectathon, then possibly at an IHE connectathon (non-testing) track, and at the HIMSS interop showcase.
Imaging Access for Consumers demo:https://imaging.demo.syncfor.science/
- Status of Project 1343 (Eye Care and Ophthalmology on FHIR)
- Status of Project 1010 (Ordering service interface spec)
- Status of Project 862 (Unique Specimen Identifier Requirements)
- Status of Project 682 (Specimen CMET)
8. Revise Imaging Integration 3 Year Plan Project 1315)
9. Orders and Observations hosting II Mesquite Boundary between Observation, Media, and DocumentReference
Discussion about boundaries and use cases for Media, Observation and DocumentReference resource.
10. Project 1392 (FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR)
- Please access the slides for more details: https://bit.ly/fhircast201901
- Next Steps
11. Walk through Radiology Workflows in FHIR
- It was not discussed during this meeting because of lack of time
12. Sync for Science
- Josh Mandel, Microsoft, gave a presentation on Patient-Centric Imaging Data Sharing: http://bit.ly/bof-s4s
- It was recommended to define an imaging track for the connecthaton in Montreal, Canada, next WGM. Jonathan volunteered to work with Josh on it, 2-3 weeks.
ACTION ITEM: Get Josh Mandel, Microsoft, in touch with DICOM WG-14 Security and MITA Cyber Group-Luiza Kowalczyk
13. Event pattern and ImagingStudy
14. Tracker Items:
17179: ImagingStudy status codes - conforming to Event pattern
19637: Update cardinality of ImagingStudy.procedureReference
17441: Update description in Endpoint to use DICOMweb thumbnail API
17279: Confirm ImagingStudy.modality and ImagingStudy.series.modality binding
15. II/WG-20 Topics- II/WG-20 hosting DICOM WG-10 & WG-29
- The minutes of DICOM WG-10 Strategic Advisory and WG-29 ECO will be posted on the DICOM website: https://www.dicomstandard.org/wgs/
16. ISO/TC 215 WG-2 hosting WG10 / II / WG-20
- xSDO Genomics Update
- Thank you to Greg Zeller for his leadership and contribution to DICOM WG-10
- HL7 Imaging Integration/DICOM WG20 – continued collaboration; imaging-related aspect of FHIR; Elliot will be stepping down as Co-Chair effective as of January 2019.
- ISO/TC215 WG2 – RSP Clinical Imaging is ongoing
- The 15th European Congress on Digital Pathology, 11-13 April, 2019, https://www.ecdp2019.org/
- Conference: Machine Intelligence in Medical Imaging Conference (MIMI-C) – Austin TX Fall 2019
- HL7 Meeting February 2020 – Sydney Australia? To Be Determined. We will probably have quorum, but US leadership is undetermined.
- BRIDG Model & CRDC
- RSP for Clinical Imaging:
- More notes from this meeting on ISO/TC215 in DICOM WG-10 minutes
17. Next Meetings
- Thursday, January 24, 2019, 1:00-2:00 US ET
- Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 1:00-2:00 US ET
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 1:00-2:00 US ET
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019, 1:00-2:00 US ET
- Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 1:00-2:00 US ET
- HL7 – May 4-10, 2019, Montreal Quebec, Canada
Future Meetings of HL7
- May 4-10, 2019, Montreal Quebec, Canada, International Conference & WGM
- September 14-20, 209, Atlanta, GA, 33rd Annual Plenary & WGM
- February 1-7, 2020, Sydney, Australia, International Conference & WGM
- May 16-22, 2020, San Antonio, TX, WGM
- September 19-25, 2020, Baltimore, MD, 34th Annual Plenary & WGM
The meeting was adjourned on Friday, January 18, 2019, 1:00 US CT.
Submitted by Luiza Kowalczyk, Secretary
Reviewed by Legal Counsel, Clark Silcox, January 25, 2019.