Agenda

DaySessionEventRoomTopic
Monday 10/01Q1No Meeting 
Q2No Meeting 
Q3No Meeting 
Q4

FHIR-I hosting II

CANCELLED

 
    
Tuesday 10/02Q0No MeetingGuest Room 403
Q1II/WG-20 Guest Room 403

1. Opening

  • Call to order, introductions, and welcome.
  • Review & approval of the Agenda
  • Minutes of the previous meeting.
  • Antitrust rules.

2. General Administration

Q2II/WG-20Guest Room 403

4. Review open list of tracker items

5. Review FHIR Topics

    • Discuss plan for advancing ImagingStudy maturity

6. Discuss Images of Reference concept (see previous tracker item 17183 / provenance conversation)

Q3II/WG-20 Guest Room 403

3. Review Projects and update Project Deadlines

  • Sponsor
    • Status of Potential Project: FHIR Release 4 II Objects
    • Status of Project 1230: HL7 Endorsement of DICOM PS3.20: Imaging Reports using HL7 CDA
    • (FHIRcast project on Wednesday)
  • Co-sponsor
  • Any other project opportunities
  • Revise Imaging Integration 3 Year Plan (Project 1315)
Q4II/WG-20 Guest Room 4035. Review FHIR Topics (continued)
OO hosting II reps

Executive Boardroom

Discussion of Digital Pathology
Post-Q4No Meeting

    
Wednesday 10/03Q0No MeetingGuest Room 320
Q1II/WG-20 Guest Room 320

Update on Cancer-Interoperability efforts on Breast-Cancer Radiology Reporting models and FHIR Profiles

3. Review Projects and update Project Deadlines (continued)

  • Sponsor
    • Status of Project 1392 (FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR)

Imaging Access for Consumers - result of Birds of a Feather discussion on the weekend

11. Dental information exchange and interoperability project discussion

Q2OO hosting IIChesapeake B

II Topics

  • Use of Media in comparison to Observation
  • Diagnostic report profiling
  • Why is Media only maturity level 1?
  • Could Media be used in IHE EBIW profile, or is it better to DICOM wrap it?
  • "the Media resource is able to contain medical images in a DICOM format" – is this desired still?
Q3II/WG-20 Conway

7. Book follow-up meetings (t-cons in fall-winter) and January WGM for II

8. Review last WG-6 presentations and plan for next presentation

Q4II/WG-20 hosting FHIR-IConway

FHIR-I Agenda

  • Status of the Identifier discussion for ImagingStudy (18064)
  • Discuss Images of Reference concept (see previous tracker item 17183 / provenance conversation) - can reference be used with profiles?
  • Operations on ImagingStudy (e.g., what does CREATE mean in the "real world"?)
  • Plan and expectations for R5, and maturity of the ImagingStudy resource going forward
Post-Q4No Meeting

    
Thursday 10/04Q0No MeetingCharles
Q1II/WG-20 hosting WG-27Charles

9. Argonaut Diagnostic Report for Imaging

Consider motion to be co-sponsor of Cancer-Interoperability efforts on Breast-Cancer Radiology Reporting models and FHIR Profiles - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1W0pG0ahXR83j44xQ_sIniVJTjdM-A7Zda36uH1_Wvvo

10. WG-27 Topics

  • Documentation of web services in new DICOM conformance statement
  • Implementer feedback
    • JSON format (Jacques)
    • IHE Connectathon feedback (Bill)
      • STOW-RS separation of multiple data parts for binary fields
      • STOW-RS multiple transfer syntaxes being stored in JSON
  • DSC outcomes
    • Work item proposal for application/zip
    • Conformance
  • Notifications (NADO)
  • Status of SUP-183 (re-documentation project)
Q2II/WG-20 hosting WG-27Charles10. WG-27 Topics continued
Q3II/WG-20 hosting WG-27Charles10. WG-27 Topics continued
Q4II/WG-20 hosting WG-27Charles10. WG-27 Topics continued
Post-Q4No Meeting

    
Friday 10/05Q1No Meeting 
Q2No Meeting 
Q3No Meeting  
Q4No Meeting  

Minutes

 

 

Dates

Tuesday, Oct.2

 

Wednesday, Oct. 3

 

Thursday, Oct. 4

 

Q's

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

Q1

Q2

Q3

Q4

WG-20 Voting Members Present

Represented by

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ACR

Jim Philbin

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

x

x

x

Agfa HealthCare

Brad Genereaux  

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

 

Canon Medical Systems

Kevin O'Donnell

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

x

Change Healthcare

Elliot Silver

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

GE Healthcare

Yongjian Bao              

x

x

 

x

 

 

x

x

x

x

 

 

Philips

Chris Melo

x

 

 

 

x

x

x

x

 

 

 

 

Vital Imaging/Canon

Jonathan Whitby

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

WG-20 Voting Members Absent

Represented by

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Corista

David Allen

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Laitek

Doug Sluis

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Merge/IBM

Ken Meyer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PixelMed

David Clunie

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Siemens Healthcare GmbH

Eric Martin

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WG-20 Alternate Voting Representatives, Observers, Guests Present

Represented by

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ACR

Chris Treml

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

x

x

 

ACR

Sujith Nair

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

Allscripts

Sagy Mintz

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

By Light Professional Services

John Moehrke

 

x

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cerner Corporation

Andrew Torres

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

Cerner Corporation

Michelle Miller

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

Cerner Corporation

Kathy Pickering

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

Epic

Colby Seyferth

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

Epic

Isaac Vetter

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

HL7 Austria

Reinhard Egelkraut  

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

 

 

HL7 Netherlands

Ewout Kramer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

Intermountain Healthcare

Todd Cooper

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

Marquette University

Teri Sippel Schmidt

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

Mega Informatica 

Jacques Fauquex

x

x

x

 

 

 

 

 

x

x

 

 

MITA/DICOM

Luiza Kowalczyk

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Orion Health

David Hay

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PenRad

Greg Gustafson

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PenRad

Rich Esmond

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Philips

Bas van den Heuvel

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WaveOneAssociates

Brett Marquard

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

x

 

 

 

Web3D Consortium

Nicholas Polys

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Web3D Consortium

Anita Havele

 

 

x

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Presiding Officers:                                              Brad Genereaux, Agfa Healthcare
                                                                                Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare    

DICOM Secretariat:                                            Luiza Kowalczyk, MITA                                  

 

Opening

1.1.    The meeting was called to order at 9:00 a.m. US ET on Tuesday, October 2, 2018

1.2.    The antitrust rules were reviewed, and DICOM patent policy as well.

1.3.    The agenda was approved

1.4.    The minutes from August 23rd and September 7th were approved.

Tuesday, October 2, 2018, Q1 – 9:00-10:30 a.m. US ET

Interoperability discussions for AI – Update

The Data Science Institute (DSI) at the American College of Radiology (ACR), works with artificial intelligence in medical imaging, and how to facilitate ongoing developments. A critical aspect of this is how to get the informational and imaging data for a number of purposes, including for training, as well as operationally (for visualization, driving workflow, and for generating reports). As such, the technologies of HL7 FHIR and DICOMweb will be increasingly critical, and these interoperable standards must be empowered to enable this communication. ACR/DSI is looking for input and for vendors who want to participate directly with the standards bodies such as HL7, DICOM, NEMA, and IHE to move the existing standards forward to better support patients in the adoption of modern AI.

References: http://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/Artifical+Intelligence+and+Standards

Since there had been expressed a lot of interested in Interoperability discussions for AI essentially, identifying use cases for various AI scenarios, and ensuring that from an interoperability perspective, an informal meetup was organized at CIMMI on September 10th.

Meeting at CIMMI: The meeting on Sept. 10th was very productive (FYI over 60 participants).

Present participants uncovered a lot of interesting issues that needed to be addressed.  The minutes will be distributed to participants soon.

Conclusion/Outcome: DICOM WG-23 will be taking primary responsibility for AI integration efforts within DICOM. WG-20 will support that effort where needed, and in particular, to integrate with FHIR. Calls on the topic will be scheduled by WG-23 and announced on their mailing list, and not primarily on WG-20’s list. If you have an interest in following the work, please make sure you have signed up to the DICOM WG-23 mailing list. Contact DICOM Secretariat Office dicom@dicomstandard.org

 Reviewed PBS PBS Metrics (Sept2018 final)

Reviewed Workgroup Health Metrics (Sept2018 final)

Briefly reviewed topics for WG-27 Thursday meeting.

FHIR Ballot http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ballot_Prep

Reviewed and updated the DMP (Decision Making Practices for WG-20 II/HL7) https://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/DMP+Alignment

  https://docs.google.com/document/d/17mr6V_d3dALvrF0hKr1KJJ5vIJCpBM38TmxZtjdpm28/edit?usp=sharing

ACTION ITEM 1:  DMP-5.2 – Presiding Chair Vote – It needs to be taking to the steering committee of HL7 , not clear for WG-20 II.  

There was motion to approve “in principal” changes /updates made during today’s meeting.

7-0-0

Tuesday, October 2, 2018; Q2 – 11:00-12:30 p.m. US ET

Reviewed open list of tracker items (5)

  1. Tracker item #17179 – Not persuasive

ACTION ITEM 2 Brad will write a set of follow up on this tracter item.  If Jonathan Whitby does not agree with it, he is going to write up his own, and then we will discuss the differences.

  1. Tracker item #17279 – It is on hold right now. The CP-1853 has been submitted to DICOM regarding this tracker item.
  2. Tracker Item #17427 – Resolution: Change procedureReference description to "The procedure which this ImagingStudy was part of." Resolved - Change required. Why does procedure point at Diagnostic Report? Check on that. Mover/Seconder: For-Against-Abstain:Reinhard Egelkraut/Yongjian Bao: 4-0-0
  3. Tracker Item #17179
  4. Tracker Item #17183- Discussed Images of Reference concept (see previous tracker item 17183 / provenance conversation)

Tuesday, October 2, 2018; Q3 – 1:45-3:00 p.m. US ET

Nicholas Polyas and Anita Havele, Web3D Consortium stopped by and discussed potential uses of the X3D standard within HL7. Various aspects of Polyas’ keynote presentation were reviewed. Boundaries between HL7 and DICOM use cases were discussed. We agreed to continue discussion, and to schedule a session 3-4 times per year to discuss coordination between HL7, DICOM, and Web3D.

   Administrative

Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare, will be stepping down as the Co-Chair of WG-20 II, effective as of the January WGM.

Review Projects and update Project Deadlines

Project 1230 – There was expressed an interest of canceling this project:

ACTION ITEM 3: Elliot will take this item action to Harry Solomon and Teri Sippel Schmidt, and members of DICOM WG-06 Base Standard.

Present PSS for OO - Specimen DAM and DICOM Supplement 122 comparison in support of Digital Pathology (Ulrike Merrick)

ACTION ITEM 4: We have noticed that there was a mistake on the HL7 website, WG-20 II/HL7 is co-sponsor of this project and not a primary sponsor.

Tuesday, October 2, 2018, Q4 – 3:30-5:00 p.m. US ET

Reviewed and updated items of the WG-20 II 3 year plan

-        Potential topics include Integrated Modality Worklist (MWL), Proxy to a DICOM archive, When to use FHIR and when to use DICOMweb, Authentication/networking across a FHIR and DICOMweb ecosystem, Dose, and Applying Operations (FHIR and non-FHIR) within Imaging

 

FHIR topics

Tracker Item # 17441 – voting not required, it was just reviewed and updated.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018, Q1 – 9:00-10:30 a.m. US ET

Update on Cancer-Interoperability efforts on Breast-Cancer Radiology Reporting models and FHIR Profiles

 Dental information exchange and interoperability project discussion

ACTION ITEM 5:  It is recommended to have Todd talk to Co-Chairs of DICOM WG-22 Dentistry – Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare.

Update on FHIRcast – Isaac Vetter, Epic

FHIRcast is modern, simple application context synchronization built on top of SMART on FHIR for the tight synchronization of full featured healthcare application, native apps or even synchronizing applications across multiple machines. See http://fhircast.org/ and the zulip stream for more info: https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/118-FHIRcast

Wednesday, October 3, 2018, Q2 – 11:00-12:30 p.m. US ET Joint session with Orders and Observations (OO)

Members of WG-20 II verbally expressed few concerns for the Argonaut Diagnostic Report Project for Imaging

Discussion of Media/Observation/DocumentReference use and boundaries confusion.

Minutes will be posted on the confluence site: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/OO/OO+WGM+201809+-+Agenda

ACTION ITEM 6:  Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare, Co-Chair of WG-20 II, will send an email to Lorraine Constable, HL7 Canada, regarding a concern WG-20 II is having about Argonaut profiling of Diagnostic Report

Wednesday, October 3, 2018, Q3 – 1:45-3:00 p.m. US ET

Scheduled t-cons for WG-20 II

 Discussed agenda items and schedule for the next WG-20 II meeting during HL7 WGM in January of 2019: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/2019-01+WGM

Wednesday, October 3, 2018, Q4 – 3:30-5:00 p.m. US ET

Discussed the status of the Identifier discussion for ImagingStudy (18064)

Discussed Images of Reference concept (see previous tracker item 17183 / provenance conversation) - can reference be used with profiles? - Diagnostic Report – 7-0-0

Brad will follow tracker items against the resources he wants a change.

Thursday, October 4, 2018, Q1 – 9:00-10:30 a.m. US ET

Argonaut Diagnostic Report for Imaging

 https://github.com/argonautproject/clinicalnotes, with the profile of DiagnosticReport at https://argonautproject.github.io/clinicalnotes/StructureDefinition-argo-diagnosticreport.html. This is expected to eventually feed into the US core profile for FHIR R4:

               https://github.com/hl7/US-Core-R4

The following concern have been expressed during the meeting on behalf of WG-20 II by Co-Chair of WG-20 II, Elliot Silver, Change Healthcare:

The Joint Meeting with DICOM WG-27 Web Technology for DICOM (Q1-Q4). Please refer to WG-27 minutes for the summary from this meeting. They have been posted on the DICOM website: http://dicom.nema.org/Dicom/minutes/WG-27/2018/

2.      Next Meetings

T-cons:

-        Thursday, October 18th, 2018, 2:00-3:30 US ET

-        Thursday, November 1st , 2018, 1:00-2:30 US ET

-        Tuesday, November 20th, 2018, 1:00-2:30 US ET

-        Wednesday, December 12th , 2018, 1:00-2:30 US ET

In Person

-        HL7 – January 12-18, 2019, San Antonio, TX

- In conjunction with HL7, WG-10 Strategy and WG-29 ECO in January, San Antonio, TX

-        Draft agenda: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/IMIN/2019-01+WGM

Future Meetings of HL7

2019

-        January 12-18, 2019, San Antonio, TX

http://www.hl7.org/events/workgroupmeetings.cfm?ref=nav

-        May 4-10, 2019, Montreal Quebec, Canada, International Conference & WGM

-        September 14-20, 2019, Atlanta, GA, 33rd Annual Plenary & WGM

2020

-        February 1-7, 2020, Sydney, Australia, International Conference & WGM

-        May 16-22, 2020, San Antonio, TX, WGM

-        September 19-25, 2020, Baltimore, MD, 34th Annual Plenary & WGM

 

3.       Adjournment

The meeting was adjourned on Thursday, September 4th at 10:30 a.m. US ET, and, then resumed jointly with WG-27 Web Technology for DICOM at 10:30 am US ET, and adjourned at 5:00 p.m. US ET.

Submitted by Luiza Kowalczyk, Secretary
Reviewed by Legal Counsel, Clark Silcox, October 14, 2018.