Mission and Charter - Working Draft
Proposed Draft for merged Mission and Charter
Publishing, Electronic Services, and Tooling Work Group (PEST) supports the HL7 mission by working in conjunction with the staff of HL7 to deliver various resources including but not limited to:
- Guidance for methodology, format, and tooling used to create published standards as informed by HL7 processes, the Working Group (TSC, committees, etc.), ANSI accreditation
- Tooling and oversight necessary to create and publish standards
- Maintenance and oversight of digital assets such as websites, collaboration tools, and educational information.
- Continued review and risk assessment of catalog of tools used by members for the purpose of supporting the goals of the organization.
Work Products and Contributions to HL7 Processes :
- Publishing Recommendations : Gives input to policy makers (HL7 Board, HL7 HQ, and TSC) regarding the publishing of HL7 Standards.
- Publishing Tooling: Contributes to the process and tools necessary to move standards from creation through publication.
- Consistency and Branding: Development of processes to ensure consistency across the organization for naming standards, publications, and branding.
- HL7 Web Site: Reviews the HL7 web environment, ensuring an environment that enables the objectives stated above in the Mission.
- New Tooling Requests: Works with CTO to review, prioritize and address new tooling requests.
- Tooling Catalog & Lifecycle Management : Maintains the tooling catalog and advises on testing, evaluating, managing releases, funding, and harmonizing tools.
- HL7 Technology Guidance : Provide guidance for architecture and technical standards, configuration, development scheduling, technical support and infrastructure for HL7 technology.
- License Allocation : Liaises with tool vendors to provide software for HL7 member's use.
- Training : Provide training and documentation for tools and electronic services in collaboration with the Education Work Group.
- Other Electronic Services: Other services overseen by the Work Group (and included in their prioritized project plan) include HL7 list servers, tracking, and electronic publishing of HL7 ballot materials.
- Tooling to support work group activities (Confluence, JIRA, etc.)
Formal Relationships With Other HL7 Groups
All recommendations and prioritization of the Publishing, Electronic Services and Tools Work Group are subject to TSC approval.
- The Work Group is subject to oversight by the Organizational Support Steering Division and from them to the Technical Steering Committee.
- The Work Group will work with the Architecture Review Board (ArB) as needed to ensure that the HL7 standards are sufficiently supported by automated tools and services and will follow the ArB recommendations with respect to requirements and priorities.
- The Work Group will work with the Methodology work groups to ensure that the tools appropriately support the HL7 standards development methodology. Also, to ensure that published content developed according to the HL7 development methodologies (specifically V3 modeling and FHIR) are appropriately represented in relevant HL7 publications.
- The Work Group will work with the Education advisory committee to ensure that appropriate materials are available for HL7 tools users to support training, use, and further development.
- The Work Group will work with all HL7 Work Groups developing content to be published with the HL7 International brand to make recommendations for services and tooling development or enhancement to ensure their work is supported. All HL7 Work Groups are responsible for ensuring adequate participation and representation in the Work Group’s sponsored discussions to support this objective.
Formal Relationship With Groups Outside of HL7
The Publishing, Electronic Services and Tools Work Group will work with organizations that sponsor services, tools or web sites to assist HL7 with the development, maintenance or services that support our products and services.
Decision Making Practices Addendum
DMP Addendum Template
Publishing, Electronic Services and Tools, Organizational Support, 01/30/2018
Quorum for the Publishing, Electronic Services and Tools WG requires that a co-chair and at least 2 other Work Group members or HL7 Staff be present, where no single organization of party represents more than a simple majority of the voting WG or Committee members present.
Date of Last Revision
Feb. 18, 2020