PSS ATTACHMENTS FAQ’s
Attachments Frequently asked Questions (FAQ) living document
Project ID: 1415
Requirements for request from PSS
- Includes an example for reference
- Link from main page to all Attachment documents and FAQs
- Email address for FAQs to Attachment WG co-chairs (and any others who will responding to FAQs).
- Need to delete OLD FAQs document(s) - can't be searchable anymore…
- FAQ page
- Ballot: No
- Audience: Anyone
- Viewable by: Anyone
- Searchable: Yes
Be able to view a list of FAQs and click to see answer
Search by FAQ
Search by Key Word
Scroll through all FAQs, start at 100 and go through until the end
- Things to include within the FAQ and/or page:
Note about what questions HL7 will answer. Need to include X12 reference/email for questions
For more information (link to any document addressed/mentioned within the response)
Standard note "for more information" about attachments
- “For additional information, contact Attachment Work Group: (new attachment email listserv to respond to questions)”
- Q/A example:
Q1: If the recommendation for electronic claims attachments is to use an HL7 standard within the X12N 275 transaction, where does XML come in?
eXtensible Markup Language (XML) syntax is the basis on which the Health Level Seven (HL7) Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) Standard is built.
The HL7 Attachments Recommendation uses the HL7 CDA Standard. The attachment itself is carried inside the Binary Data (BDS) Segment of the X12N 006020X275 Transaction Set.
Button from HL7 Home Page that will take you to this page (like the one with FHIR)
- One stop shop for all items needed for Attachments (all from CDA, Attachments document, etc.) will include the FAQ link/page
Hot links to all the documents needed
- This is a list of those documents/urls :
Documents may be located at: www.HL7.org
- Quick Start Guide for CDA R2
- HL7 Consolidated Clinical Document Architecture Release 2.1
- HL7 CDA® R2 Attachment Implementation Guide: Exchange of C-CDA Based Documents, Release 1 – US Realm (STU) (HL7 Guide)
- HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Exchange of C-CDA Based Documents; Periodontal Attachment, Release 1 - US Realm.
- HL7 Companion Guide for C-CDA R2
- HL7 Clinical Documents for Payers Set 1 (CDP1)
- HL7 Digital Signatures and Delegation of Rights release 1
- Guidance on Implementation of Standard Electronic Attachments for Healthcare transactions
Legislation 8/2019 (approximate).
Would like to have this in place by 6/1/2019 .