Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda

Attendees

  • Lloyd McKenzie (chair)
  • Rick Geimer (scribe)
  • Josh Mandel
  • Yunwei Wang
  • Bas van den Heuvel
  • Brian Phinney
  • Carl Anderson
  • Eric Haas
  • Grahame Grieve
  • Fred Harmon
  • Gino Canessa
  • Jose Costa Teixeira
  • Josh Bagley
  • Kyle Binns
  • Michelle Barry
  • Paul Church
  • Richard Ettema
  • Vadmin Peretokin
  • Vassil Peychev
  • Bryn Rhoses

Minutes Approval

Tracker Items

FHIR-28881 - Getting issue details... STATUS

  • We think it's useful to list dependencies on an IG's homepage, but not necessarily as an auto-generated structure; explanation/context authored by humans would be more helpful.
  • Data that might be useful to surface
    • Canonical URL for IG (the specific request)
    • Dependencies
    • Jurisdiction etc?
  • Eric: this information isn't relevant for the home page; would be OK to have it buried
  • Some agreement; some disagreement with this claim
  • e.g., index.html might be a super-narrow "cover page" which we wouldn't want to pollute with detail
  • Lloyd proposal
    • If the IG has dependencies, there should be a section called #dependencies on the home page of the IG, and within this section there should be hyperlinks to the depended-on IGs (must-have), together with explanations (nice-to-have)
    • IG should include a page formally exposing the ImplementationGuide artifact, rendered with details including canonical URL, version, and other metadata
  • Some discussion about what practices belong in an IG template, vs what belongs in a "style guide" – e.g., if we want more consistency in the list of sections in an IG
  • Motion: 
    • Persuasive with Mod
    • Lloyd McKenzie/Rick Geimer: 20-0-0

FHIR-28606 - Getting issue details... STATUS

  • Assigned to Dan Gottlieb for review. Will revisit later. 

FHIR-28607 - Getting issue details... STATUS

Lloyd: If a child is MS and the parent isn't, then if you support the parent you must support the child, but there's no expectation that you must support the parent.

Lloyd: if an IG defines a complex element as MS, and does not declare any of its children as MS, then the IG should provide further guidance; if there is no further guidance, then the expectation is that implementers must support at least a subset of the child elements of the MS parent.

Motion:

  • Persuasive with Mod
  • Rick Geimer/Eric Haas: 18-0-0

FHIR-28616 - Getting issue details... STATUS

  • Motion
    • Persuasive
    • Gino Canessa/Grahame Grieve: 18-0-0

FHIR-28897 - Getting issue details... STATUS

  • Similar to  FHIR-28881 - Getting issue details... STATUS  this is asking for consistent content in IGs; could be a menu item in the HL7 template with a link to a Zulip stream
  • > Would the content for the link come from an ImplementationGuide extensions, or an ig config param / manually authored menu item?

    Undecided as of now

  • > Should we assume that these chats will be up forever?

    No, but same applies to Jira; we make the best long-lasting links we can, because IG readers need some way to get support.

  • > Do we need to link to Zulip in particular?
    We want discussion to happen in a consistent place, so requiring Zulip meets these requirements
  • > What if more than one stream is appropriate
    Could always link to more than one
  • > Could these links break if we lose Zulip or lose backups?
    Yes. But at least these links are robus to changes in stream names .
  • Motion
    • Persuasive with Mod
    • Lloyd McKenzie/Fred Harmon: 17-0-0




Adjournment

Action Items

  • Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date