Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Date

 

Chair
StatusCompleted
Comments

Dial-in Number

  • Dial by your location
    +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
    +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
    +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
    +1 253 215 8782 US
    +1 301 715 8592 US
    Meeting ID: 323 199 8494
    Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aLIcTlITh

Web session

Attendees

NameOrganization
John Hatem (Chair)Independent Consultant
John Hatem (Chair)Independent Consultant
Melva Peters (Scribe)Jenaker Consulting
Margaret WeikerNCPDP
Jean DuteauDuteau Design
Tim McNeilSurescript
Dave HillMitre
Shelly SpiroPharmacy HIT Collaborative
Pooja BabbrahPOCP
Maggie BuchingerSurescript
Frank McKinneyPOCP
Catherine Hosage Norman
Vivek Desai
Scott RobertsonKaiser Permanente

Agenda Items and Notes

Minutes

Catalog Updates (John Hatem)

  • October 26, 2020
    • no updates still working on ballot reconciliation
  • October 19, 2020
    • working on ballot reconciliation
  • October 5, 2020 - Discussion with Catalogue Project Team
    • 20201005_Pharmacy_WG_catalogs.pptx
    • FHIR IG Project
      • see slide deck for more information
      • Pharmacy is a co-sponsor for this project
      • Guidance for implementing catalogues
        • labaoratory services - PlanDefinition
        • drugs - MedicationKnowledge
        • devices - DeviceDefinition
        • Order sets - PlanDefinition
      • Balloted in September as STU - lab content only - passed
        • working on ballot reconciliation
      • Tested in last 2 connectathons on lab content
        • lab service is like a plan of activity - supported by PlanDefinition
          • also uses other resources - use PlanDefinition to connect these resources
      • so far, the scope has been for use by practitioners, may need to be updated when we start with medications
        • for lab it is practitioners
      • Next steps -
        • resolve ballot comments
        • specify other kinds of catalogues - use cases, specification, artifacts, examples
        • devices, medications, order sets
      • PHAST - Medication content 
        • Use Case 1 - Master catalog of medications for jurisdiction
          • all drugs that can be ordered within a country
          • catalogue provided to each organization - all applications can import into their own dictionary
        • Use Case 2 - Healthcare organization drug formulary
          • healthcare organization maintains its drug formulary and shares it to the applications used by practitioners
          • could also be from outside of the organization
        • Use Case 3 - Combination of use cases 1 and 2
          • synchronize the 2
        • MedicationKnowledge plus ClinicalUseIssue - seem to fulfill the 3 uses cases in terms of content
        • Question - will MedicationKnowledge and ClinicalUseIssue will be in R4B?
          • want current state
          • R4B will be a technical correction of R4 plus MedicationDefinition and Evidence Resources
            • will not include updates to MedicationKnowledge 
            • Should MedicationKnowledge be included in R4B?  
            • If there is urgency for this, suggest a tracker be created - separate issue for the 2 different resources
      • segmentation of formulary is a requirement
      • we have a patient perspective on the use cases
      • Pharmacy has worked on use cases - Melva will send the use cases to Francois
      • PDex - built to support ONC rules - allowing patient the capability to see what the drugs will be covered
      • there may be use cases coming out of Unicom
      • Next steps
        • consolidate use cases 
        • Will come back to Pharmacy once ballot reconciliation is complete for lab
  • September 14, 2020 - no meeting today
  • September 4, 2020 
    • Prep for upcoming Connectathon discussed
    • Confirmed attendance at upcoming Pharmacy WGM
    • Rob H shared he had a contact (no name mentioned) that was interested in working on a Medication catalog.  Rob did state he told them to reach out to Pharmacy for follow up. 
  • August 24, 2020 - no meeting
  • August 10, 2020 - no meeting

Workflow Update (John Hatem)

  • October 26, 2020
    • nothing related to Pharmacy
  • October 19, 2020
    • discussed contract

Healthcare Product Update (John Hatem)

  • October 26, 2020
    • discussed substance and instance changes
    • John will bring more details forward
    • other discussion packageProductDefinition resource - still needs more discussion
    • use case for medicinal product
  • October 19, 2020
    • discussion about identifier on Substance as well as new attribute "instance"
    • there may need to look at it for Medication, but not clear yet

NCPDP Updates (NCPDP Members)

  • Specialty Medication Prescribing PSS update - Specialty Medications
    • October 26, 2020
    • October 19, 2020
      • NIB needs to be submitted 
      • Melva will work on the draft with Maggie
    • October 5, 2020
      • Presentation http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/fhir-specialty-rx/branches/master/index.html
        • transaction to convey additional information
        • working to gather requirements
        • participated in connectathons
        • looking for additional implementer feedback
        • users of this guide - pharmacy systems involved in fulfilling a specialty prescription; a specialty hub; other party
        • data source system would be an EHR associated with system that generated the prescription
        • Using Messaging 
        • Next steps
          • Plans to submit to NCPDP to get feedback from stakeholders in November
          • will drive next steps 
          • NIB deadline for HL7 is November 1, 2020
          • will come back to Pharmacy WG on next weeks call
    • September 14, 2020
      • Connectathon last week
      • had pharmacies, EHR and hubs represented
      • didn't get as much technical feedback as was hoped
      • didn't have participation with a mock application or an actual implementation to validate
      • Balloting in January 2021 is to be determined
    • August 24, 2020
      • hoping to submit voting item for November voting cycle at NCPDP
      • hope to incorporate comments in January HL7 ballot
      • hope to bring to HL7 after Connectathon
      • need to bring content to Pharmacy WG for review
    • August 10, 2020
      • Implementation Guide - making progress
      • plan to participate in September Connectathon
      • schedule a review of IG when ready
    • August 3, 2020
      • no updates
    • July 27, 2020
      • have Connectathon track for September
  • Finished external code system requirements for HTA - signed off on this by NCPDP
    • will be added to hl7.Terminology.org
  • Standardized Medication List - Standardized Medication Profile
    • October 26, 2020
      • Confluence page has been updated with November Task Group details
      • White paper not completed, but it is getting close
    • October 19, 2020
      • Still working on white paper
      • Scott will look into it
    • October 5, 2020
      • no discussion
    • September 14, 2020  - no update
    • August 24, 2020
      • still writing the White Paper
      • you need to have an account 
      • will come back to Pharmacy after completing the White Paper
      • Action: need to determine plans for the project at HL7 with respect to ballot
    • August 10, 2020
      • meeting in August is cancelled
      • next meeting September 2
    • August 3, 2020
      • next meeting is August 19 - working on White Paper
    • July 27, 2020
      • next meeting will be in August
  • MTM - create FHIR IG
    • October 26, 2020
      • project on hold waiting for MCC e-Care plan
      • believe this can be used for this project so will wait
    • October 19, 2020
      • still on hold with NCPDP
    • October 5, 2020
      • no discussion
    • September 14, 2020
      • may do a project proposal but still to be determined
    • August 24, 2020
      • Scott to connect with Shelly about next steps for this 
      • PSS is not ready to be submitted  - Scott will work with NCPDP to complete
      • May ballot cycle at the earliest - won't likely make that time
    • August 10, 2020
      • draft PSS - Scott 
      • Scott will talk to group about expectation - Aug 23 deadline for approval for TSC - not enough time to get sponsor, co-sponsor, FMG, USRSC and Steering Division before this date.
    • August 3, 2020
      • outstanding to get PSS finished for MTM - Scott to reach out to Shelly
      • next task group meeting is August 27th
    • July 27, 2020
      • Scott to look at the status of the PSS
      • deadline for approval by WG is August 28th

DaVinci PDex Formulary Project

  • October 26, 2020 - Publication Request (if received from Dave)
    • Changes have been completed
    • Some changes have not been pushed
    • CMS wanted this published by the end of October 
    • Dave will send updated IG
    • Publication Request has been created
      • will include on next weeks agenda
  • October 19, 2020
    • Technical Correction Items (Dave Hill)
      • there are 4 Jira issues for discussion
      • in current IG - daVinci is capitalized and not capitalized
        • converted all to lower case to be consistent with other daVinci IGs
      • conversion to new FHIR IG template -
      • error in index page for search queries - spelling mistake to be fixed
      • Zip files - use of upper case "D" on daVinci
        • converted to lower case
    • Motion to approve the disposition of the 4 Jira Issues: FHIR-28361, 23127, 28362, 28494
      • Moved by Scott - seconded by Dave Hill - 10-0-0 Carried
    • Need approval from Pharmacy and then FMG and TSC
    • Will need to vote on a publication - Dave will create and then come back to Pharmacy

NHSN Inpatient Medication Administration Reports (FHIR IG) - Sarah Gaunt

  • October 26, 2020
    • Public Health has agreed to be a co-sponsor
  • October 19, 2020

Medication List guidance project

FHIR (Group)

Trackers - link to pharmacy unresolved Jira trackers 

  • Discussion of Medication instance
    • reviewed changes to substance as proposed by O&O
      • no concept of Batch/Lot number which an instance of a substance would have
  • FHIR-29270 - John will take to Workflow and discuss since this value set was inherited from WorkFlow

AOB

  • Changes proposed for PQ/CMC 
    • asked for more details - Catherine will add
    • May be acceptable to create as core extensions

Next meeting

  • November 2, 2020 at 4pm Eastern

Action Items

  • John Hatem- will take FHIR-29270 to Workflow discussions