This page collects some initial thoughts about the FHIR4FAIR FHIR IG
To be discussed
- Structure of the guide
- Extension of the "informative" part
- Proposed development approach
- Organization of a FAIR track ?
Proposed development approach
The FAIR data object is quite wide concept that could cover in real life very different things from a collection of data (data set) to a single atomic information (e.g. a diagnosis).
Depending of what a FAIR object is, may change the boundary between data and metadata; how the object could be represented in in FHIR and instances could be assessed.
The suggestion to be discussed with the team is the following:
- identify relevant types of FAIR objects for health data in real life (to be determined how many and which one)
- select one of them as reference case and focus on that kind of object
- identify a minimal set of information that are relevant in real life for the components of that FAIR object.
- proceeed incrementally