Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes 

Location: 
https://zoom.us/j/865863526 
(voice and screen)

Date: 2020-10-14
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair:Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4yes/no
Co chairsxDavid HayRegretsLloyd McKenzie
ex-officio
Wayne Kubick, CTO
MembersMembersMembersObservers/Guests
xHans BuitendijkxBrian Postlethwaite
Paul KnappxAnne W., scribe
xJosh MandelxJohn MoehrkexBrian PechxIoana Singureanu
xGrahame Grieve



x

Sarah Gaunt







xNadine Shehab






xStephen Chu






xAshley Kras






xGenny Luensman






xLynn Laakso






xCindy Bush






xSean Muir








Agenda

Minutes

Agenda Check

  • MOTION to accept: Hans/Brian Pech

Minutes from 2020-10-07 FMG Agenda/Minutes

  • MOTION to accept: Hans/Brian Pech
  • VOTE: All in favor

Action items

  • Reviewed

Review Items

  • NHSN Inpatient Medication Administration Reports (NHSN-Medication-Administration-FHIR) (HL7 Implementation Guide for FHIR® Release 4) PSS
    • Sarah and Nadine here to present project. Covers medications that have been given.
    • Add sponsoring WG approval date
      • MOTION to approve: Hans/Brian Pech
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • NHSN Adverse Drug Event-Hypoglycemia Report (NHSN-ADE-Hypoglycemia-FHIR) (HL7 Implementation Guide for FHIR®R4) PSS
    • Sarah and Nadine present the project.
    • This covers inpatient harm event that is new to data collection. 
    • Lynn: Will there be a future opportunity to create an IG that encompasses multiple adverse event scenarios or will they all be separate going forward? Nadine: This could be foundational that are closely related enough that could be built upon this one.
    • Stephen: Why not consider scope including community point of care blood sugar level testing? Nadine: That is out of scope for this guide as this covers inpatients.
    • Add sponsoring WG approval date
      • MOTION to approve: Hans/Brian Pech
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Ophthalmology IG Project Scope Statement
    • Stephen Chu here to present. 
    • Will be reusing existing artifacts, particularly what the IHE has produced
    • Lynn notes that Dave Hamill should know that the name of the project has changed to be more generic.
    • John asks if they are coordinating with the IHE eye care group? Stephen confirms that they are. John advises them to also make Gemini aware.
      • MOTION to approve: John/Hans
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Ophthalmic interoperable information exchange - FHIR IG Proposal
    • Stephen Chu presents the proposal. 
    • Code would be uv-eyecare
    • Remove second and third sentence from short description
    • Long description should be in present tense; remove last paragraph
      • MOTION to approve: John/Hans
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Military Service History and Status IG Proposal
    • Ioana here to represent the project. 
    • Code: us-military-service
    • Short description: Shorten to first sentence and make present tense. Ioana updates.
    • Long description: Ioana will shorten and update tense
      • MOTION to approve: John/Hans
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Vital Records Birth and Fetal Death Reporting IG Proposal
    • Sarah here to present the proposal
    • Updated code and descriptions
    • John notes there is a BFDR in IHE. Sarah notes they are using that to inform this one.
      • MOTION to approve: John/Brian Pech
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Vital Records Common FHIR Profile Library IG Proposal
    • Sarah here to present the proposal.
    • Updated the code and descriptions
      • MOTION to approve: Hans/John
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • Discussion Topics
    • Dates for May and September Connectathons
      • Group reviews proposal. May would be 12th-14th, September would be 8th-11th
      • John notes May 12-14 would conflict with the IHE meeting
      • Discussion over moving it to May 5-7
      • Sarah suggests looking at Tues-Thurs. John suggests a Mon-Wed
      • Could discuss with IHE if they could move their meeting. 
      • Decided May preference: May 17-19
        • If that doesn't work, John will discuss moving the IHE meeting
      • Lynn: I need to know what the updated FHIR ballot content deadlines would need to be. Grahame doesn't think it's a problem.
      • Discussion over September. Decision that the proposed September dates look fine
  • Carry forward:
    • Recording conformance to quality criteria within the resource vs. spreadsheet (continued from last week)
    • QA things that we need to tighten up (standing item)
    • AOB (Any Other Business)
  • Adjourned at 5:30 pm Eastern