Chair: Bryn Rhodes
Scribe: Robert Jenders
- CDS Hooks Connectathon Report out and Project Update/Ballot Triage
- FHIRCast Project Update
- FHIRCast Trackers
- CDS Hooks
- Isaac Vetter reported on this standard in the Connectathon and provided updates regarding this project, including a brief primer on the standard itself.
- WG members generally discussed various uses and potential implementations of the standard.
- CDS Hooks 1.1
- Current, published version = 1.0.
- Work on v1.1 started last year as an augmentation of v1.0.
- Added features:
- Generally, the v1.1 updates allow a CDS service to receive computable data regarding acceptance or rejection of CDS recommendations to clinicians.
- Practically this resulted in inclusion of several constructs in CDS Hooks: "override reasons"; a "feedback service"; and refinements to the CDS Hooks-mediated response, while preserving backward compatibility.
- Approximately 100 recent ballot comments, now undergoing review.
- Connectathon Report
- Dennis Patterson reported on CDS Hooks activity in the recent HL7 Connectathon which featured a mix of CDS vendors, including CDS service providers and consumers (EHR system vendors).
- Scenarios included: Override reasons, feedback service and CDS cards.
- Discussions for future features: "trigger guards" (allow a CDS service to constrain notifications); mechanisms to reduce alert fatigue.
- Next steps: v1.1 ballot comment processing; capturing best practices; solicit suggestions for future features.