Chair: Christof Gessner
Scribe: Jose Costa-Teixeira
HL7 Europe ESAB meeting on Wednesday 23. September 2020, 16:00-17:00 h CET, as part of the virtual HL7 WGM
This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."
Meeting Minutes from Discussion
|Decision Link(if not child)|
|HL7 Europe||Report from first meeting of new HL7 Europe board of Directors, including three positions elected by ESAB members|
|ESAB Executive Committee||Discussion on future role of ESAB Executive board members after new HL7 Europe BoD was establishesd. The positions are currently held by Christof Gessner (chair), Stefan Sabutsch (treasurer), Francois Macary (secretary)|
|EU projects||HL7 participation in current EU projects|
|IPS||Request for information: what is happening around the world? (Giorgio)|
|Management||Next meetings and agenda|
Motion to approve minutes as presented: Line + Giorgio. No discussion.
In favour : 9; Abstention: 0; Against: 0
HL7 Europe report from Board of Directors
Overview of EU activities and projects;
Discussion about relevant projects (Giorgio):
- We have several projects and we should have a good collaboration channel to ensure other affiliates can collaborate.
- Example: FAIR4Health: Standardisation of health data sets.
- ORCHESTRA COVID-19 Sylvia Thuncan provide some more info
Engagement HL7 Europe projects and HL7 Intl
- How to align across Europe and with HL7 International?
- The current approach of project alignment is to provide input and presentations.
- Some comments arose about whether we need to engage with HL7 international further upfront before making decisions
- Given our approach, we can continue to collaborate locallt and then on EU level, projects do not need to get approval for requirements
- Question (HL7 NO): In all these projects, do we have collaboration measures or mechanisms?
- A (Catherine): Indeed in these projects we can have articulation and we want to welcome collaboration.
- (Christof): We also have a European Chat on zulip: https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/242580-europe
- Question (HL7 NL): We have a US vendor and we ask him to implement the NL profiles (which has no weight), but if we talk about a EU profile, this makes more sense commercially.
- Question (HL7 IT): We can unite our voices to present something consistent across Europe
- (Christof): If we have clear requirements, then we can start establishing rules and governance. So we can start the discussion e.g. on Zulip which will reveal the requriements, and from there we can see what is the best solution - a EU Realm, or something else..
Reflection topics (Catherine)
- (see presentation). We have several opportunities for collaborating on many different topics.
We should have regular meetings e.g. every other month.
Question: We have some people that have been temporarily elected but what roles and participation do we need?
- We need more a secretary than just chairing a meeting
- Suggestion: one way of working could be a responsibility of the 2-3 elected members which then share the work.
- There is agreement to align the procedure rules for the responsibilities. Christof suggests he can make a first draft.
- There is interest to have a rotating mechanism.
- We can have rules aligned with the HL7 WG, or with the HL7 IC
- Christof Gessner will setup next meeting
- Christof Gessner to send initial proposal on the roles
- Send email to Catherine if you want to setup the 10 anniversary of HL7 Europe.