Chair: Jean Duteau
Scribe: Jean Duteau
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 915 0605 8769
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,91506058769# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,91506058769# US (New York)
Meeting ID: 915 0605 8769
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aguoq4RrF
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
NOTE: This attendance applies if you are present at the related meeting/call, regardless if you have signed a different attendance for your WG.
Altarum firstname.lastname@example.org Health Data Inc email@example.com Cerner Hans.firstname.lastname@example.org Duteau Design email@example.com Cerner Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org ESAC email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Minutes Approved as Presented
This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."
Meeting Minutes from Discussion
Decision Link(if not child)
- Minutes Approval (2020-09-03 Meeting Minutes/Agenda)
- Going forward, consider CGP WGMs more regular than every other week - for planning. Consider every 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month.
Minutes approved by general consent.
Agreed to schedule CGP meetings after the WGM to be every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month.
Military History Project
Report from Military History Project team
Confluence page: Military Service History and Status FHIR Profiles Project Page
FHIR Connectathon 25:
Jean reviewed the Connectathon report. US Core MUST Support Consideration Request
Request from Orders and Observations (Hans Buitendijk):
Review 20 items: US Core MUST SUPPORT - Consider Overinterpretation
During the last call, Hans Buitendijk presented the issue about ONC interpretation of US Core Must Support (see US Core MUST SUPPORT - Consider Overinterpretation).
Basically the intent of US Core Must Support designation may not be consistent with the level of conformance requirements expected by ONC certification (Inferno). While Inferno does not test for every detail to test successfully, but conformance with all levels must be demonstrable.
Lloyd indicated that from a Modeling and Methodology perspective, MUST SUPPORT can be declared on any element, component or sub-component. However an element listed as MUST SUPPORT does not mean that any of the components or sub-components must be supported.
Hans suggested that general guidance and specific item review will help the US Core IG avoid conflict and indicate which attributes/components are not required. ONC had interpreted that all components/datatypes must be supported.
The general US Core intent was to be more permissive rather than constrained.
US Core editors did not consider MUST SUPPORT at:
- datatype choices (example - Observation.value[x] doesn't not specify which choice must be made)
- target choices (reference and canonical - if author can be Patient, Practitioner, RelatedPerson do all 3 need to be supported)
- vocabulary (example - if Patient.gender is required binding is female, male, unknown, is the vendor ok with just supporting Unknown)
- the datatype component level (example - CodeableConcept - Example - Encounter.reasonCode bare minimum text might be sufficient)
As a result provide guidance (wording needs to be adjusted with a small team and return with appropriate language consistent with the intent of FHIR-28375). Once finalized, review language with ONC.
Hans, Brett and Eric agreed to work on the text for review during this call.
Also, review activity from the breakout in the Inferno track during the Connectathon 25 (9-11 September).
Hans discussed what the FMG is looking at in terms of Must Support:
- FMG has been coordinating effort within HL7 to allow for greater expressibility of MustSupport
- Working with FHIR-I and M&M and Conformance to evolve the definition of MustSupport
- Hans pointed out that Provenance has MustSupport on author which includes Patient
US Core Track at the Connectathon also discussed Must Support and the linked presentation had some action items: US Core Must Support presentation
September Virtual WGM Agenda
September HL7 Virtual WGM schedule - NEXT WEEK - Monday, September 21 noon ET through Friday, September 25 at 6:00 PM ET (2 hour slots on a 24 hour basis through the week).
Thursday, September 24 from 2:00 - 4:00 PM ET
Consider topics for this session.
Adjournment Adjourned at 1:30pm.