Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees Present

Chair:  Paul Knapp
Scribe: Anne Wizauer


Name
x

Calvin Beebe


Chris Chute
xLorraine Constable

Tony Julian

xPaul Knapp
xAustin Kreisler

Wayne Kubick
xThom Kuhn
xRik Smithies
xSandy Stuart
xLynn Laakso


  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes of 2020-09-02 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. Review balloting precepts
    2. JIRA ballot process
    3. STU Update guidance document - compare to standards lifecycle document
  5. Parking Lot
    1. JIRA balloting process effects on existing ballot-related precepts - add to September WGM agenda
    2. Precepts We Need to Develop - prioritize/analyze risk
    3. Ownership of content/precept on coordination with domain committees 
      1. Issue is around products crossing multiple product families - who owns those?
        1. Draft Precept: The family of the wire format is the responsible family, and the management group of that family would manage it.
      2. Management group vitality assessment precept
    4. Communicating and enforcing precepts -SGB does not enforce but need to make a communication plan
    5. Need to take the old STU update guidance document and turn it into precepts.
    6. Definition of specification - from 2019-04-24 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    7. Large group engagement for standards development

      1. risks/precepts

    8. Precept on mapping coordination - mappings should be a component of cross-family projects. How to represent mapping in a standardized way? 
    9. Create a plan for BAM guidance on process for product adoption/how are new products introduced
      1. How do we implement the BAM? SAIF

Minutes 

  1. Agenda review
    1. No additions
  2. Approve Minutes of 2020-09-02 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    1. Accepted via general consent
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. JIRA ballot process
      1. Group reviews
      2. Thom suggests we'll need a glossary because terms are different
      3. Need to compare to our precepts and the GOM
      4. Comments could allow non-members to elevate something to a vote. Could enable shenanigans.
      5. The document states that only negative votes are change proposals. Technical corrections, questions and comments can only be associated with affirmative votes. Need a mapping from the old rules to the new. 
      6. Spreadsheet is currently how we communicate reconciliation back out to members. Could be replaced by a JIRA report that is send out.
      7. Anyone who wants to vote must have a JIRA ID. Membership is currently a manual check.
      8. Discussion over interaction with the ballot desktop. This replaces the commenting process but will still be used for establishing pools, etc. 
      9. Ballot desktop provides dashboard reporting of results.
      10. Need to make sure test plan includes ballot desktop integration. 
      11. Need a periodic update from JIRA to ballot desktop.
      12. Questions:
        1. How does a person simply vote affirmative without a comment?
        2. How does this support ballots like reaffirmations?
        3. How do you abstain on a ballot?
        4. If you have negative comments, can you adjust your vote to be affirmative?
        5. What portions of the vote and/or the comment are locked down at the end of the ballot?
        6. How do we put in discovered items?
        7. For ANSI, how do we have fixed reports? Need a snapshot at the end of the ballot to prove we met quorum, etc. Need to ensure all ballot requirements are met during testing phase.
      13. Need to invite Lloyd and/or Melva to next week's call to discuss questions. 
        • Paul Knapp to invite Melva/Lloyd to upcoming call to discuss JIRA balloting
    2. Review balloting precepts
      1. Reviewed here: https://wiki.hl7.org/Category:Standards_Governance_Board_Precepts
        1. In order to submit a ballot, the submitter must have a documented understanding of the roles and responsibilities of managing and reconciling a ballot - this needs to be edited
          1. Need to go through existing precepts and review in preparation for moving over to Confluence
    3. STU Update guidance document - compare to standards lifecycle document
      1. Carry forward
  5. Adjourned at 10:56 am Eastern

OPEN ACTION ITEMS:


DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Paul Knapp to send documentation to the cochairs of HTA and Vocabulary noting that we've drafted precepts on external terminologies and highlight questions on their currency document.
Paul Knapp2019-11-06 SGB Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Austin Kreisler2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Lorraine Constable2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Paul Knapp will work on a grid with types of change/degree of review
Paul Knapp2019-05-22 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Need to create precepts on stable identifiers for value sets, concept maps, and code systems
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • ACTION: Review proposed updates to the GOM, then determine how/where to represent SGB
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • Add Calvin's document on continuous maintenance and the decision to the SGB site.

2018-11-14 SGB Agenda/Minutes