|Methodology||HREX Content Review|
We were asked to comment on this in terms of architecture and whether it's headed down the right or wrong path.
- Lorraine is concerned that people won't know to look for this material here. The material includes a decision tree to guide the selection of a data exchange approach - concern is this is broadly applicable and is buried here.
- Tony argued that this material belongs somewhere like this instead: http://hl7.org/fhir/exchange-module.html. They've stated their publishing it within Da Vinci for convenience.
- Jean: It wouldn't take much to make this FHIR agnostic. Could ARB make this an HL7-wide document for architecture recommendations?
- Lorraine: They note that this won't ever become normative, but this is actually core material.
- Paul: This material is good but it needs to live outside of here because of wider applicability. If there is anything truly Da Vinci-specific, it could stay here. Need to be careful about making broad industry statements of applicability that goes beyond our actual knowledge, such as in the re-use and adoption sections of the approach table.
- Lorraine: When we get into architectural considerations, the stuff in the material often doesn't reflect real world architectural experience.
- Hugh: If it's removed from here, where do we put it? Paul: Could go within the FHIR spec or stand on its own. But we need to separate the opinion from the actual guidance.
- Cecil: It seems more informative than normative. Jean: Moving it into FHIR core spec ensures people will look at it and we have a way to ballot it.
- Tony has concerns about bias expressed for RESTful actions.
- Discussion over potential ballot comments regarding separating this material and why this wasn't discovered earlier in review.
- Jean: We should create guidance for WGs to help them handle projects not done entirely within the WG.
- We need guidance for WGs on how to interact with projects to ensure quality and help them succeed.
- How do we get this visible in the right spot?
- Do we issue our opinion as ARB ballot comments or use our individual ballot mechanisms?
- General agreement that ARB should comment and also raise it to the TSC
- Tony asks people to get opinions to him by Sunday and he will enter them in on Monday.