Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees Present

Chair:  @
Scribe: @ 


Name
x

Calvin Beebe


Chris Chute
xLorraine Constable
Regrets

Tony Julian

xPaul Knapp
xAustin Kreisler
xWayne Kubick
xThom Kuhn
xRik Smithies
xSandy Stuart
xBrian Pech


  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes of 2020-08-05 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. UTG Governance, continued
    2. Review any International candidate submissions for CDA Management Group
    3. Prioritize the parking lot
  5. Parking Lot
    1. JIRA balloting process effects on existing ballot-related precepts - add to September WGM agenda
    2. Precepts We Need to Develop - prioritize/analyze risk
    3. Ownership of content/precept on coordination with domain committees 
      1. Issue is around products crossing multiple product families - who owns those?
        1. Draft Precept: The family of the wire format is the responsible family, and the management group of that family would manage it.
      2. Management group vitality assessment precept
    4. Communicating and enforcing precepts
    5. Need to take the old STU update guidance document and turn it into precepts.
    6. Definition of specification - from 2019-04-24 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    7. Large group engagement for standards development

      1. risks/precepts

    8. Precept on mapping coordination - mappings should be a component of cross-family projects. How to represent mapping in a standardized way? 
    9. Create a plan for BAM guidance on process for product adoption/how are new products introduced
      1. How do we implement the BAM? SAIF

Minutes 

  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes of 2020-08-05 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    1. Accepted via general consent with the edit that the SGB recommends adding Reuben Daniels to TSC
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. Review any International candidate submissions for CDA Management Group
      1. Giorgio was nominated; there were no other nominees. He's chair of HL7 Italy and is active on TSC as international rep. He is qualified for the role.
        1. MOTION to recommend that the TSC appoint Giorgio Cangioli to the CDA Management Group: Rik/Sandy
        2. VOTE: All in favor
    2. UTG Governance, continued
      1. Reviewed comments from Rik and Thom and edited
      2. Need to clarify  quorum requirements - it appears that super voters are not required for quorum with the current points system.
        1. MOTION to send to Ted for review/comment and then include in TSC e-vote: Wayne/Thom
        2. VOTE: All in favor
    3. Prioritize the parking lot
      1. Priorities bolded below
      2. Next call: Determine discussion points for each
  5. Parking Lot
    1. JIRA balloting process effects on existing ballot-related precepts - add to September WGM agenda
    2. Precepts We Need to Develop - prioritize/analyze risk
    3. Ownership of content/precept on coordination with domain committees 
      1. Issue is around products crossing multiple product families - who owns those?
        1. Draft Precept: The family of the wire format is the responsible family, and the management group of that family would manage it.
      2. Management group vitality assessment precept
    4. Communicating and enforcing precepts - SGB does not enforce but need to make a communication plan
    5. Need to take the old STU update guidance document and turn it into precepts.
    6. Definition of specification - from 2019-04-24 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    7. Large group engagement for standards development

      1. risks/precepts

    8. Precept on mapping coordination - mappings should be a component of cross-family projects. How to represent mapping in a standardized way? 
    9. Create a plan for BAM guidance on process for product adoption/how are new products introduced
      1. How do we implement the BAM? SAIF
  6. Adjourned at 11:00 am Eastern

OPEN ACTION ITEMS:


DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Paul Knapp to send documentation to the cochairs of HTA and Vocabulary noting that we've drafted precepts on external terminologies and highlight questions on their currency document.
Paul Knapp2019-11-06 SGB Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Austin Kreisler2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Lorraine Constable2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Paul Knapp will work on a grid with types of change/degree of review
Paul Knapp2019-05-22 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Need to create precepts on stable identifiers for value sets, concept maps, and code systems
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • ACTION: Review proposed updates to the GOM, then determine how/where to represent SGB
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • Add Calvin's document on continuous maintenance and the decision to the SGB site.

2018-11-14 SGB Agenda/Minutes