Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

NOTE: Please contact co-chairs to add (or edit) Agenda topics and discussion. 

    

MEETING AGENDA

Dated                  2020-09-22

Reference           IEEE 11073 / HL7 DEVICES – In-Meeting Version, R2


Joint meeting of HL7 Devices (DEV) WG + IEEE EMBS 11073 PoCD + PHD WG and , Virtual 

Monday 2020/09/21 (Plenary)  – Friday 2020/09/25

 

HL7 DEV WG Leadership:

CO-CHAIR:  TODD COOPER   

CO-CHAIR: CHRIS COURVILLE

CO-CHAIR: JOHN GARGUILO

CO-CHAIR: JOHN RHOADS   

 

IEEE 11073 SC Leadership:

CHAIR: KEN FUCHS    

SECRETARY: JOHN RHOADS    


IEEE 11073 PoCD WG Leadership:

CHAIR: JOHN RHOADS  

SECRETARY: JOHN GARGUILO  



todd@trustedsolutionsfoundry.com

ccourvil@epic.com

john.garguilo@nist.gov

john.rhoads@philips.com



 ken.fuchs@ieee.org  

 john.rhoads@philips.com



 john.rhoads@philips.com

john.garguilo@nist.gov

Location: Virtual (On-line Only)

HL7 Site (Registration and otherwise):

34th Annual Plenary & Working Group Meeting (Virtual Event)

HL7's Agenda (Whova.com) site

(Please note, DEV will NOT be using Whova for meetings)

  1. Monday (9/21) is a Plenary meeting 9:45 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern (via Whova.com)
  2. We will be holding 2 sessions per Day Tuesday (9/22)  through Friday (9/26)
    1. Session Q1 09:00 - 10:30 Eastern
    2. Session Q2 11:00 - 12:30 Eastern
    3. Session Q3 01:45 - 03:00 Eastern
  3. There are a couple Q3 sessions primarily joint with other HL7 WGs

Virtual Meetings Scheduled:

   Monday (Plenary in morning)

   Tuesday(Q1 + Q2 + Q3 11073 PHD Focus

   Wednesday(Q1 + Q2)

   Thursday(Q1 + Q2 hosting MHealth WG, Joint w/ O&O @10 AM

   Friday(Q1 + Q2)

Please see HL7  Guide for additional meeting information

Host organization:

ANSI - HL7 international - please register in advance on the web site

(see  HL7 Registration (34th Annual Plenary & Working Group Meeting) for details).


Host:

ANSI - HL7 international
http://www.hl7.org

  • Summary

    1. We will be holding 2 sessions per Day Tuesday (9/22)  through Friday (9/26)
      1. Session Q1 09:00 - 10:30 Eastern
      2. Session Q2 11:00 - 12:30 Eastern
      3. Session Q3 01:45 - 03:00 Eastern
    2. There are a couple Q3 sessions primarily joint with other HL7 WGs
  • Webex (sponsored by IEEE-SA)

    1. We will NOT be using Whova due to the late notice.
      We will be using the same Webex for the week as follows:

https://ieeesa.webex.com/ieeesa/j.php?MTID=m57f472abd2d72e86e4866ac8ee60cfd1
Meeting number (access code): 173 744 4732
Meeting password: HL7IEEE

  • Joint with other HL7 WGs

    • Orders and Observations WG Coordination

      1. Thursday Q1 joint w/ O&O DEV BRR:  Device, DeviceDefinition & DeviceMetric   (also device Product, Catalog) 
      2. Wednesday Q3 joint w/ CIMI on Vital Signs IG
      3. NOTE:  OO Q1 is 10 AM -12 PM, Q2 is 12 to 14 PM Eastern)
      4. NOTE:  You must use the Whova app in order to join the meeting with OO 
    • Mobile Health

      1. Thursday Q2 (11 AM Eastern)

Current (Draft) Agenda:

  • Tuesday Q1 (9:00 - 10:30 AM Eastern)

    • Welcome, Introductions, and Agenda Review (Garguilo, Co-Chairs)
    • IEEE Disclosures: (Ken Fuchs)
      • Call for Potential Essential Patents Holders. Please contact IEEE WG co-chairs with just name and affiliation. 
      • Review of IEEE-SA Copyright Policy - IEEE Copyright Policy
    • HL7 DEV / Updates & Biz (John Rhoads + Co-Chairs)
  • Tuesday Q2 (11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern)

    • HL7 DoF - focus (Chris Courville / Todd Cooper)
      • PSS review / advancement etc. 
      • IG publication completion 
      • INCLUDE / INVITE FHIR-I?
  • Tuesday Q3 (1:45 - 3:00 PM Eastern)

    • 11073 SC
      • P&Ps
      • Elections
    • 11073 PHD focus (Michael Kirwin, Co-Chairs)
      • PARs and Projects
      • Generic Measurements
      • Direct-to-Cloud
      • 11073-10206
      • NOTE:  Can distribute slides w/ projects status and simply ask if there are any questions vs. talking through and discussing


  • Wednesday Q1 (9:00 - 10:30 AM Eastern)

    • Gemini MDI - SDC/SDPi+FHIR (Cooper)
      • Update on the Gemini Medical Device Interoperability using SDC / SDPi+FHIR program
      • Focus on SES MDI framework and approaches being considered
      • Review IHE SDPi Supplement Draft and Roadmap
    • JHU / APL MDIRA Project Update (Cooper, JHU Team)
      • MDI Project update since last report out September 2019 & (written update) February 2020
      • Update on the SDC-based MDIRA Reference Implementation & "gaps" identified 
      • Proposals for "gap" mitigations both within the ISO/IEEE 11073 SDC standards group (incl. IEEE PAR proposals)
      • Discussion of current and future plans for an IHE SDPi-based MDIRA Profile specification
  • Wednesday Q2 (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern)

    • Tooling & Testing (11:00 AM - 12:30 PM)
      • NIST Tooling Update (Garguilo / Faughn)
    • SES MDI Framework & CA/Testing  (12:30 - 1:00 PM) (Cooper)


  • Thursday Q1 (9:00 - 10:30 AM Eastern)

    • IEEE Disclosures: (Ken Fuchs)
      • Call for Potential Essential Patents Holders. Please contact IEEE WG co-chairs with just name and affiliation. 
      • Review of IEEE-SA Copyright Policy - IEEE Copyright Policy
    • Review of open Projects and PARs (Ken Fuchs / Tom Thompson)
    • Terminology / Nomenclature (Paul Schluter)
      • 10101 Update 
      • Ventilator Mode (ISO 19223 & IEEE 11073 & SNOMED alignment)
      • LOINC Update (Swapna/NLM & Regenstrief)
    • Discuss 11073-10101c PAR request and vote (Bjoern Andersen)
    • Anesthesia -  (Martin Hurrell ... sync with GAS Co-Chairs) - Rhoads to coordinate
      • Integration w/ DEV incl. 3 year plan
      • 1st Iteration of DAM, next iteration discussion
      • Next work - incl possible focus on Gemini SDPi+FHIR component around surgery & anesthesia workstations & SOMDS Gateway to EHR etc.

    • (In parallel @ 10 AM Eastern) JOINT OO  - Courville to Coordinate (incl. meeting times)
      • Hosted by OO (see Whova app for access to WGM registrants)
      • Device resource definition update? (+DeviceDefinition, DeviceInstance, etc.)
      • UDI update? (DAM, IG etc. etc. etc.)
      • Use Whova app to connect to the OO meeting.

  • Thursday Q2 (11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern)

    • JOINT mHealth
      • NOTE:  This session will utilize the WebEx information above.
      • MH Update: cMHAFF, MHADE, SHIFT, EU Update (ISO/82304-2, mHealthHUB) (Graham / Botts / Datta / Ploeg)
      • RCC/MH TR Update (Makrodimitris / Fuchs / Datta)
      • MH Co-VID19 Battle Plan (Datta)

  • Friday Q1 & Q2 (9:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern)

    • IEEE Disclosures: (Ken Fuchs, John Rhoads)
      • Call for Potential Essential Patents Holders. Please contact IEEE WG co-chairs with just name and affiliation. 
      • Review of IEEE-SA Copyright Policy - IEEE Copyright Policy
    • IHE DEV DPI Program - Discussion / Decision (Cooper)
      • Monthly DPI Program deferred from Thursday to Friday due to these WGM's
      • Decision discussion will include the Gemini SDPi+FHIR "MDIRA/ICE Brief Profile Proposal" review & confirmation
    • IEEE 11073 SDC (David Gregorczyk)

      • PKP & ModSpec standards (i.e., 11073-107xx)
    • SDPi+FHIR  (Cooper)
      • SES MDI Requirements Formalization
      • SDC Profiling Topics of Interest
      • <technical papers review>



Daily Schedule 


US Eastern Time
Germany Time
+6 Hours
West Coast US Time
-3 Hours

Q1

9:45 - 12:30 PM

Plenary Meeting (Monday Only)

3:45 - 6:30 PM6:45 - 9:30 AM

Q3

10:00 - 11:30 AM

Joint w/ O&O WG Session (Thursday Only)

4:00 - 5:30 PM7:00 - 8:30 AM

Q1

9:00 – 10:30 AM

Meeting Sessions Tuesday Thru Friday

3:00 - 4:30 PM6:00 - 7:30 AM


10:30 - 11:00 AM

Break

4:30 - 5:00 PM7:30 - 8:00 AM 

Q2

11:00 AM – 12:30 PM

Meeting Sessions Tuesday Thru Friday

5:00 - 6:30 PM8:00 - 9:30 AM


12:30 - 1:00 PM 

Lunch Break (if going to Q3)



Q3

1:45 – 3:00 PM

Meeting Session Open, or Joint WGs

7:45 - 9:00 PM10:45 AM - 12:00 PM

Q4

3:30 PM ….

Additional meeting after Q3 (if needed)

9:30 PM ...12:30 PM ...


Please ignore below (under development)

Meeting Rooms: 

Joint IEEE/HL7 and DEV WGs:  Tuesday (9 AM - 10:45 PM, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM)  Wednesday(9 AM - 10:45 PM, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM)  Thursday(9 AM - 10:45 PM, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM)  Friday(no meeting schedule)
w/ Mobile Health on Thursday, Sept. 24th;  w/ FHIR Thursday, Sept 24th.

Agenda Color Legend:

     White Quarters denote joint HL7/IEEE sessions

     Yellow Quarters denote sessions that are primarily HL7 related

     Blue Quarters denote sessions that are primarily IEEE 11073 related


SundayAMQ1FHIR Connectathon - Devices on FHIR TrackSee Devices Track 




Note:  No FHIR Connectathon due to Virtual Meeting.




Q2FHIR Connectathon - Devices on FHIR Track
PMQ3FHIR Connectathon - Devices on FHIR Track
Q4FHIR Connectathon - Devices on FHIR Track
MondayAMQ1HL7 Plenary
Q2HL7 Plenary
PMQ3


Q4


TUESDAY

AM


Q1

Welcome, Introductions, Rules

  • IEEE Patent Policy
    Review of Previous Meeting Minutes and Action Items 
  • Review of the Agenda
  • 11073 PHD Status / PAR Report
  • 11073 PoCD Status / PAR Report
  • 11073 SC P&Ps and Election
  • 11073 PoCD P&Ps
  • DEV / Updates & Biz - SESSION B
    1. Projects Review (see DoF below)
    2. 3 Year Plan (+ see Anesthesia below) 
    3. UTG (Unified Terminology Governance) - Coordination requirements / strategy (see also https://terminology.hl7.org/
    4. Co-chair meeting report
    5. Confluence / Jira / S3 (use of new storage tooling - vs. Gemini GitHub use)
  • DoF - SESSION B
    1. PSS review / advancement etc. (Courville / Cooper)
    2. IG publication completion 
    3. INCLUDE / INVITE FHIR-I?

Officers (Chair - John Rhoads)

John Rhoads


Ken Fuchs / Daidi Zhong / Tom Thompson

Ken Fuchs / Tom Thompson
Ken Fuchs

Co-Chairs

Room E3.6

https://join.freeconferencecall.com/healthcaredevices

Note: There is also an option to use voice only (i.e., call-in information) at this link.

Q2

  • Anesthesia - SESSION B  (TBD ... sync with GAS Co-Chairs) - Rhoads to coordinate
    1. Integration w/ DEV incl. 3 year plan
    2. Next work - incl possible focus on Gemini SDPi+FHIR component around surgery & anesthesia workstations & SOMDS Gateway to EHR etc.
  •  
  • ISO TC215:
    • Systematic Reviews
    • Naming conventions
    • Liaison Report
  • Round-up of related standards-related efforts:
    • AAMI (ICE Data Log, UL 2800, etc)
    • IEEE EMBS Standards Projects & Coordination
      • IEEE P2733 Project
      • EMBS Standards Committee
      • EMBC Montreal
    • CMI Update
  • Terminology Update (for Clem McDonald)
  • Nomenclature Modeling Discussion
  •  

Ken Fuchs



Ken Fuchs / John Rhoads

Ken Fuchs
Ken Fuchs / Tom Thompson

Ken Fuchs

Paul Schluter

Paul Schluter / Clem McDonald
Michael Faughn

PM

Q3

  • PHD - SESSION A
    1. Generic Measurements
    2. Direct-to-Cloud
    3. 11073-10206
    4. NOTE:  Can distribute slides w/ projects status and simply ask if there are any questions vs. talking through and discussing
  •  

PHD Lead




Virtual






Q4

  • Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date



Q5

(if needed)



WEDNESDAY

AM



Q1

  • IEEE 11073 SDC - SESSION D
    1. PKP & ModSpec standards (i.e., 11073-107xx)
    2. SDPI Profiling Topics of Interest (aggregators, security/trust, alert delegation, etc.)
  • SDPi+FHIR - SESSION D
    1. SES MDI Requirements Formalization
    2. SDPi Supplement review (out for public comment?)
    3. SDC Profiling Topics of Interest
    4. <white papers review>
    5. "Service-oriented Device Point-of-Care Interoperability (SDPi)" White Paper (out for Public Comment)
      • CAT Roadmapping
    6. MDI Standards "Families" - Intro.
      • U.S. Army MRDC MDIRA Project 
      • IHE SDPi Use Cases
      • IHE PCD 2.0 Considerations
      • X73 PoCD/PHD "Scoping" Open Discussion
  • JHU / APL MDIRA Project Update (incl. Reference Implementation using SDC)
  •  

Cooper 



Cooper / JHU Lead

Q1: Room E5.8 (O&O), no Telecom Service

Q2-Q4: Room E3.6

Telecom Info (all day):

https://join.freeconferencecall.com/healthcaredevices

Note: There is also an option to use voice only (i.e., call-in information) at this link.

Q2

  • Welcome, Introductions, Rules

  • Tooling & Testing - SESSION C
    • NIST RTMMS II + Device Profile Editor Work
    • NIST Tooling
    • SES MDI Framework & CA/Testing  (Cooper)
  • Nomenclature Modeling Discussion?
  • Terminology Update (for Clem McDonald)?
  •  
  • 11073 SDC:
    • General Update
    • SDC related PARs
      • 1070x Key Purpose Standards
      • 10107 Control Nomenclature
      • 1072x Device Specialisations
        • 10725 Pump renaming discussion:
          Surgical, irrigation, suction, ...
    • OR.NET

Rhoads, IEEE Staff


(Garguilo / Faughn)


Cooper



Martin Kasparick & Björn Andersen?





PM



Q3

  • JOINT OO? - ???  - Courville to Coordinate (incl. meeting times) - Thursday 11 AM Session??
    1. Device resource definition update? (+DeviceDefinition, DeviceInstance, etc.)
    2. UDI update? (DAM, IG etc. etc. etc.)
  •  
  • Roadmap for IEEE PoCD WG?
  • Carry-over topics

Todd Cooper (regrets)




Rhaods & Fuchs
Co-Chairs

Room E3.6

Q4


Co-Chairs


Q5






THURSDAY      

HL7 Health Care Devices WG (Please Note: the HL7 portion of the Agenda was updated based on feedback and responses received once draft viewed by in-person attendees)

AM



Q1

  • Welcome and Introductions
  • Intellectual Property Policy
  • DEV WG Agenda Review
  • Joint at/w. O&O: Device, DeviceDefinition & DeviceMetric   (also device Product, Catalog) - or is this Q2 at 11 AM??)
  • Terminology:
    • Terminology / Nomenclature - SESSION E
      1. Paul's update 
      2. Ventilator Mode (ISO 19223 & IEEE 11073 & SNOMED alignment)
      3. LOINC Update (Swapna/NLM & Regenstrief)
      4. ...
    • 10101 to LOINC mapping updates
    • 10101 / LOINC review panel plan
    • IEEE P11073-10101b
      • parameters (NMT, TPTD-CCO, infusion?
      • event and alert nomenclature
      • additional body and measurement sites
    • IEEE -10103 IDCO
    • Harmonized Rosetta (hRTM2a) updates 
  •  

Co-Chairs 

Co-Chairs

Courville


Schluter

Room E3.6

Telecom Info (all day):

https://join.freeconferencecall.com/healthcaredevices

Note: There is also an option to use voice only (i.e., call-in information) at this link.

Q2

Joint with O&O, Mobil Health WGs

  • JOINT with OO - ???  - Courville to Coordinate (incl. meeting times) - Thursday 11 AM Session??
    1. Device resource definition update? (+DeviceDefinition, DeviceInstance, etc.)
    2. UDI update? (DAM, IG etc. etc. etc.)
  • DEV / Updates & Biz - SESSION B
    1. Projects Review (see DoF below)
    2. 3 Year Plan (+ see Anesthesia below) 
    3. UTG (Unified Terminology Governance) - Coordination requirements / strategy (see also https://terminology.hl7.org/
    4. Co-chair meeting report
    5. Confluence / Jira / S3 (use of new storage tooling - vs. Gemini GitHub use)
  • Mobile Health Topics
    • Project Status Update
    • Nomenclature verification topic
    • JOINT mHealth - SESSION F - Cooper to Coordinate (confirmed by MH, 11 AM on Thursday Session)
      1. MH Update: cMHAFF, MHADE, SHIFT, EU Update (ISO/82304-2, mHealthHUB) (Graham / Botts / Datta / Ploeg)
      2. RCC/MH TR Update (Makrodimitris / Fuchs / Datta)
      3. MH Co-VID19 Battle Plan (Datta)
    • Report out from Clinical Steering Division & HL7 Co-chair mtgs.??
  •  


Courville




Rhoads / Co-chairs






Matthew Graham, Gora Datta (Mobile Health Co-Chair)


Cooper





Co-Chairs 


Room E3.6








PM




Q3

Other potential topics (as needed or leaders), from last meeting - Parking Lot items...

  • LOINC Mappings
  • HL7 V2 + V3 relevance to Device Standards
    • Any official relationship of Devices to V3?
  • FHIR  Projects Update
  • Devices on FHIR :
  •  
  • IHE PCD Update
    • IHE-DEV (Upcoming) Oct F2F Agenda Review
    • PCD → DEV "Reorganization" 
    • Alerting:  ACM CPs for timing diag. and fatigue
    • SDPi Public Comment
    • DEC FHIR Option
  • HL7 DEV General Roadmap and Planning
  • Review of DEV WG meeting Action items
  • "DiGAV" (German regulation) draft discussion
  • PoCD Cybersecurity:
    •   11073 PHD Cybersecurity
    •   AAMI TIR57, SW96, TIR97,
    •   UL2900
    •   Security topics from JWG7
  • Adjourn
  •  

Co-chairs

Sara Armson - LOINC/Regenstrief, (Proxy for Swapna Abanyankar)

Konstantinos Makrodimitris (FDA)







John Rhoads

Room E 3.6

Joint with Mobile Health

Q4

  • Open

All

Virtual

Q5

(if needed)



FRIDAY

AM



Q1

  • Open

All

Virtual

Q2

  • Open



PM



Q3




Q4