Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

ttendees Present

Chair:  Lorraine Constable
Scribe: Anne Wizauer


Name
x

Calvin Beebe


Chris Chute
xLorraine Constable

Tony Julian


Paul Knapp
xAustin Kreisler

Wayne Kubick
xThom Kuhn

Rik Smithies
xSandy Stuart
xTed Klein
xMichelle Barry
xLynn Laakso
xWalter Suarez


  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes of 2020-07-29 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. Review UTG Governance with Ted
    2. Prioritize Parking Lot
  5. Parking Lot
    1. JIRA balloting process effects on existing ballot-related precepts - add to September WGM agenda
    2. Precepts We Need to Develop - prioritize/analyze risk
    3. Ownership of content/precept on coordination with domain committees 
      1. Issue is around products crossing multiple product families - who owns those?
        1. Draft Precept: The family of the wire format is the responsible family, and the management group of that family would manage it.
      2. Management group vitality assessment precept
    4. Communicating and enforcing precepts
    5. Need to take the old STU guidance document and turn it into precepts.
    6. Definition of specification - from 2019-04-24 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    7. Large group engagement for standards development

      1. risks/precepts

    8. Precept on mapping coordination - mappings should be a component of cross-family projects. How to represent mapping in a standardized way? 
    9. Create a plan for BAM guidance on process for product adoption/how are new products introduced
      1. How do we implement the BAM? SAIF

Minutes 

  1. Agenda review
    1. No additions
  2. Approve Minutes of 2020-07-29 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    1. Approved via general consent
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. Review UTG Governance with Ted
      1. Reviewed document
      2. Ted reports on pilot. Have had about a dozen proposals. Three have gone through consensus review and two have been approved. Some complaints are coming in that they can't get enough votes on their proposals. Only looking for 15 vote points. Only three people have voted on a V2 proposal, for example, while 35 people are eligible to vote. Part of it is because we don't have an official roll-out yet since we're still in the pilot. Current plan is to determine if we're ready to do release 2 next week or the week after. 
      3. Reuben Daniels asked to be added to the International steward group - already part of FHIR steward group. Discussion over what the process is to add him.
      4. Reviewed parameter setting and steward group voters
      5. Discussion over unified oversight group.
      6. Nominations for any group should go to the CTO
      7. Ted suggests a WG having someone nominated in one or more oversight groups should be a WG Health metric. If they assert that they have no vocabulary then they wouldn't have a ding. If the WG representative doesn't vote then they could get an increment. TSC needs to discuss. 
      8. Discussion over notification process for OSGs when there is something to vote on. Ted reports they have to set up watching. Mandatory voters are determined by proposal type.
      9. Ted reports there is an issue with V3 content that has been published incorrectly for 20 years. The external vocabulary was updated but no one came back and told HL7 or V3, so we never knew until it started being validated. Brings up governance of external stuff. We decided we won't republish external vocabulary except under special circumstances. Not sure how to deal with issues like this. 40 value sets were put in and some of the codes have been retired. Calvin reports that there is a team in Structured Docs that does maintenance on value sets just because of this issue.
      10. Core decisions
        1. How do we identify/nominate superusers
        2. Governance around voting
          1. No minimum requirements for superusers
          2. Steward groups: One person from each identified steward group must weigh in on the proposal
          3. If someone from a steward group not identified as associated with a proposal, how is their vote weighted?
        3. Governance around external content
      11. MOTION to add Reuben Daniels to international oversight group: Austin/Sandy
      12. VOTE: All in favor
      13. Decision that these items should not delay go-live
    2. Prioritize Parking Lot
      1. Carry forward
  5. Adjourned at 11:06 am Eastern

OPEN ACTION ITEMS:


DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Paul Knapp to send documentation to the cochairs of HTA and Vocabulary noting that we've drafted precepts on external terminologies and highlight questions on their currency document.
Paul Knapp2019-11-06 SGB Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Austin Kreisler2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Lorraine Constable2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Paul Knapp will work on a grid with types of change/degree of review
Paul Knapp2019-05-22 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Need to create precepts on stable identifiers for value sets, concept maps, and code systems
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • ACTION: Review proposed updates to the GOM, then determine how/where to represent SGB
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • Add Calvin's document on continuous maintenance and the decision to the SGB site.

2018-11-14 SGB Agenda/Minutes