Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-08-03
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianRegretsJean Duteau


Wayne KubickxLorraine Constable
Giorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Stuart

David PykexRob McClure
Riki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote



xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Lynn Laakso









Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-07-27 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Housekeeping:
      1. Don't forget to add your input on the Sustainability/Recognition Ideas page
      2. TSC Sept WGM meetings: Previously we designated Oct 3 as a TSC meeting. Need to determine timing and consider any additional meetings we might want
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. GOM Updates
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for PACIO Project Cognitive Status at Project Insight 1572
    2. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for PACIO Project Functional Status at Project Insight 1571
    3. Project Approval Request by the SOA WG of the Infrastructure SD for Consent Management Service at Project Insight 1624
    4. Recommendation from the SGB to reappoint Lorraine and reinstate Calvin as a member of SGB
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for Data Exchange for Quality Measures STU2 for FHIR R4 at Project Insight 1429
    2. Informative Publication Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative Steering Division for Dental Health Functional Profile at Project Insight 1406
    3. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for PACIO Project Cognitive Status at Project Insight 1572
    4. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for PACIO Project Functional Status at Project Insight 1571
    5. Missed PMO PSS Submission Deadline by the Patient Empowerment WG for Patient Contributed Data White Paper
    6. Review/Comment on Updated Characteristics of Standards
    7. Adjusted WGM WG Health Metrics for September Cycle
    8. Remaining GOM Updates
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Name for non-family specification feedback - poll
    2. Review remaining NIBs
    3. Operationalizing the Standards Lifecycle - Melva Peters Jean Duteau
  7. Parking Lot
    1. Coordinate artifact naming guidance update
    2. Management group terms/reappointments 
    3. Review Confluence publication request form and how we update and approve changes to Confluence forms
    4. Review implementers section of PSS
    5. How to manage all specifications that are dependent upon C-CDA moving forward
    6. Coordination efforts with external terminology organizations
    7. Revisiting HL7 architectures and the role of ARB 
    8. Time zones and virtual meetings
    9. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    10. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    11. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
  8. For next week: Communicating policy decisions

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Lynn here to wrap up NIBs
    2. Agenda review and approval 
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-07-27 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Housekeeping:
      1. Don't forget to add your input on the Sustainability/Recognition Ideas page
      2. TSC Sept WGM meetings: Previously we designated Oct 3 as a TSC meeting. Need to determine timing and consider any additional meetings we might want.
        1. Meeting time is already scheduled
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. GOM Updates
      1. Affiliate Director: Lorraine states it should include leadership positions at the Affiliate. Melva will take feedback to GOC.
        1. MOTION that we provide feedback to GOC that we prefer that the experience considered for HL7 Affiliate Director include experience in the affiliates in addition to HL7 International: Lorraine/Paul
        2. VOTE: All in favor
    2. LDNC: Should expand the acronym
    3. Letter of Support:
      1. Revision doesn't clarify specific instances in which we would provide letters to organizations. Walter: The intent is to leave it open for the executive committee to determine appropriateness - they would vote on a request by request basis. 
      2. MK notes that she would vote negative on this one. No motion made.
    4. Resolving motions via email:
      1. Paul would like to add "once quorum is achieved" rather than just using the word majority. Should say once quorum and a majority is received. 
      2. Discussion over stating that the vote must be conducted via email. Could request to remove the email requirement, or remove the statement about "any other HL7 entity of a defined, fixed membership." Walter: The intent was not to force the use of email. Rob: They should be using Confluence. Lorraine: We need to be careful about prescribing technologies in the GOM. Rob agrees. Melva: We have been trying to remove specific technologies in the GOM.
        1. MOTION that we make a suggestion to remove the HL7 entity statement, and add a JIRA ticket to remove specific technology from the GOM: Melva/Virginia
        2. Discussion: Walter: We need to define the way in which electronic voting happens, which would apply to any other body within HL7 that does voting. Austin: That is defined in the decision making practices. Walter: Perhaps we make a reference to that, then. Austin: Perhaps the Board and the EC should do what the rest of us have done. Lorraine: I would vote against making systemic changes until we've fixed the underlying problems with the GOM. Melva: We are in the second phase of reorganizing the GOM. 
        3. AMENDED MOTION to add a statement that once quorum is achieved to the section referencing majority, remove phrase including "or any other entity." Melva/Virginia
        4. VOTE: All in favor
    5. Treasurer to be Chair of Finance Committee
      1. Lorraine and Paul believe that banning the treasurer from being chair of the finance committee makes sense. Melva reports that the GOC felt that the chair recusing themselves from review and recommendation for approval of the Audit Report was sufficient. Walter: Usually a treasurer is the chair of the finance committee. The finance committee has many other functions besides the audit. Austin: If there is not a vice chair, when they recuse, who leads? Walter: They would appoint someone. Melva: Some on the GOC believe that the treasurer MUST be the chair of the finance committee. Add back to e-vote.
        • Anne Wizauer to add GOM update items we didn't take a motion on back to e-vote.
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. Name for non-family specification feedback - poll
      1. Received three votes for "General Specification Feedback"
    2. Review remaining NIBs
      1. Last item is the SOA item 1407. SOA is still discussing ballot path and will decide today.
    3. Operationalizing the Standards Lifecycle - Melva Peters Jean Duteau
      1. Melva and Jean have started work on this. Melva clarifies notification statements.
      2. Discussion over ANSI notifications and requirements. Those will be considered as we move forward.
      3. Melva and Jean will bring back next week.

Adjourned at 12:01 pm Eastern