Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 4 Current »

HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes 

(voice and screen)

Date: 2020-07-29
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair:Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4yes/no
Co chairsxDavid Hay
Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officioRegretsWayne Kubick, CTO

Hans BuitendijkxBrian PostlethwaitexPaul KnappxAnne W., scribe

Josh MandelxJohn MoehrkexBrian PechxMelva Peters
xGrahame Grieve

xLynn Laakso

xCindy Bush

xBrian Phinney

xSarah Gaunt

xEric Haas

xSandy Vance

xNandini Ganguly

xDavid Deroode



Roll Call

  • Numerous guests as noted in the agenda

Agenda Check

  • MOTION to accept: Brian Pech

Minutes from 2020-07-22 FMG Agenda/Minutes

  • MOTION to accept: Brian Pech/Paul
  • VOTE: John abstains. Remaining in favor

Action item

  • Discussion over using CARINBB given recent discussions over Blue Button trademark. Fine to leave in the canonical URL, but Paul states using it in artifacts is different. Grahame will look into it for next week.

Review Items

  • Vital Records Common FHIR Profile Library PSS

    • Sarah and Cindy here to describe the project. 
    • Paul notes that concern has been expressed that this is solving things in instances instead of having a centralized repository. Can we create a more formalized approach where groups bring material to add to a common IG?
    • Lloyd: You don't have to scope the PSS to exactly what resources or value sets are going to be produced. 
    • John: We need guidance to say what level you're allowed to reuse vs. what is divergent
    • Paul: Doing the work is right but the way the work is being done isn't right
    • Grahame: The registry being developed is the right tool for discovery, but this is about management. The registry won't solve the publishing problem. The US Realm Steering Committee could consider having a library of US content that they manage, and other projects like Da Vinci could consider something similar. 
    • Paul: Could things being proposed be put in the registry? Then we could stop duplication at the start rather than the end. So if we have these libraries then they would have a PSS to create the content with a note that it was going into the US Realm library, for example.
    • Continued review of the PSS. There are plans to go to Connectathon.
      • MOTION to approve and raise the notion of US Realm taking on an IG to hold common elements on behalf of projects: Paul/Lloyd
      • VOTE: Brian Post abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Data Exchange For Quality Measures STU2 for FHIR R4 Publication Request

    • Eric here to present request. 
      • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/Brian Pech
      • VOTE: Lloyd abstains. Remaining in favor
  • Subscriptions R5 Backport Implementation Guide IG proposal
    • Code: uv/subscription-backport
    • Remove the first sentence from the short description
    • Will need another implementer
      • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/Brian Post
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • US Core Errata Publication Request
    • Carry forward

Discussion Topics

  • Review FHIR IGs for ballot
    • Reviewed Melva's spreadsheet here: 
    • None of the candidates are clean at this point
      • PDDI is not using the template. Do we want to set that as a firm expectation January forward?
        • MOTION that from the January cycle onward, we adjust the publishing requirements to reflect that you must use the HL7 publishing template or one derived from it and approved by the FMG: Lloyd/John
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • Reviewed the errors and warnings in the PDDI IG. All errors and warnings must be fixed or be suppressed with explanations. Grahame states they need to fix the missing system values. Must fix UCUM issue.
      • Melva will contact each with instructions on fixing or suppressing errors and warnings
        • Carry forward 
  • FHIR R4B Options and Considerations
    • Reviewed option
      • MOTION to go with option C with the intention to explore enabling option D as part of the R5 release: Lloyd/John
      • Grahame: Are we committing to option C or are we saying we communicate that preference to the community for feedback? Lloyd states that feedback has been light on Zulip. We could do a more formal feedback process. Do is not an option right now; B is an option but doesn't gain us much. 
      • AMENDED MOTION to propose option C to the community with the intention to explore enabling option D as part of the R5 release: Lloyd/John
      • Community feedback will be collected for 2 weeks.
      • VOTE: All in favor
  • How to handle joint sessions for September virtual WGM
    • Do we want to have joint sessions with all of the groups we normally do, or do we invite feedback from everyone as we did in May? Meva suggests joint sessions with multiple groups at a time. Lloyd: We could pick three or four of the quarters, man them with one or two of the cochairs. We would invite people to sign up for a quarter, capped at around 5 WGs. Could send out what we're looking for in advance. These are FHIR-I joints with FMG topics. Lloyd will send out communication

Adjourned at 5:33 pm Eastern

  • No labels