Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-07-27
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerRegretsTony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine Constable
Giorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Stuart
xDavid PykexRob McClure
Riki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote



xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Craig Newman







xCindy Bush






xLynn Laakso

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 
      1. 2020-07-13 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      2. 2020-07-16 TSC/HL7 Joint Board Retreat Agenda/Minutes
      3. 2020-07-16 TSC Retreat Agenda/Minutes
      4. 2020-07-17 TSC Retreat Agenda/Minutes
      5. 2020-07-20 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      6. 2020-07-20 TSC Retreat Agenda/Minutes
    4. TSC Restructuring Task Force
    5. Prepping for 8/23 TSC approval deadline
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Missed PSS submission deadline appeal for the January ballot cycle by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Vital Records Common FHIR Profile Library 
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support for Immunizations, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1342 for 2 years
    2. Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Specification Laboratory Ask at Order Entry (AOE), US Realm at Project Insight 1634
    3. Normative Publication Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for Electronic Nutrition Care Process Record System (ENCPRS) Functional Profile at Project Insight 706
    4. Work Group Dissolution Request by the Project Services WG of the Organizational Support Steering Division
    5. Project Approval Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Privacy and Security Information Model at Project Insight 1630
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for PACIO Project Cognitive Status at Project Insight 1572
    2. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for PACIO Project Functional Status at Project Insight 1571
    3. Project Approval Request by the SOA WG of the Infrastructure SD for Consent Management Service at Project Insight 1624
    4. Recommendation from the SGB to reappoint Lorraine and reinstate Calvin as a member of SGB
    5. GOM Updates
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Review remaining NIBs
    2. Naming of JIRA project for specification feedback on products without a product family
    3. PSS Pilot
    4. Updated Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB - review e-vote comments here
    5. Communicating policy decisions
  7. Parking Lot
    1. Coordinate artifact naming guidance update
    2. Management group terms/reappointments 
    3. Review Confluence publication request form and how we update and approve changes to Confluence forms
    4. Review implementers section of PSS
    5. How to manage all specifications that are dependent upon C-CDA moving forward
    6. Coordination efforts with external terminology organizations
    7. Revisiting HL7 architectures and the role of ARB 
    8. Time zones and virtual meetings
    9. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    10. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    11. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project con

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Cindy and Craig here to represent the appeal. Lynn here for NIB discussion.
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 
      1. 2020-07-13 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      2. 2020-07-16 TSC/HL7 Joint Board Retreat Agenda/Minutes
      3. 2020-07-16 TSC Retreat Agenda/Minutes
      4. 2020-07-17 TSC Retreat Agenda/Minutes
      5. 2020-07-20 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      6. 2020-07-20 TSC Retreat Agenda/Minutes
    4. TSC Restructuring Task Force
      1. Austin reports that David will lead a task force made up of Jean, Melva, Sandy, Austin, and Wayne (as needed). 
    5. Prepping for 8/23 TSC approval deadline
      1. Reminder that steering divisions should be mindful of communicating to WGs that the deadline is approaching.
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Missed PSS submission deadline appeal for the January ballot cycle by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Vital Records Common FHIR Profile Library 
      1. This item missed Dave's deadline and will need to go through all the other approvals. The WG just recently approved the project. 
      2. Jean strikes his comment and changes to affirmative - he thought we were reviewing the PSS as opposed to the appeal.
      3. Rob is not in favor of a bunch of little shared libraries. Austin reiterates that we're approving the appeal not the project. Rob is opposed to not addressing the issue before it comes back to us if we disagree now.
        1. MOTION to approve the missed deadline appeal: Jean/Sandy
        2. VOTE: All in favor
    2. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support for Immunizations, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1342 
      1. Craig reports that some updates have already been requested for this IG, pre-publication. Decision not to apply them at this time.
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Review remaining NIBs
      1. MOTION to approve the NIB for 1586 provided that the name stays the same as the existing standard: Lorraine/Melva
      2. VOTE: All in favor
      3. MOTION to approve the alternate ballot name and NIB for 1566: Melva/Jean
      4. VOTE: All in favor
      5. 1407, ballot path issue: Lorraine will check to see if they truly intend to ballot Informative as opposed to STU as their ballot path indicated.
    2. Naming of JIRA project for specification feedback on products without a product family
      1. Melva: We've created three projects in JIRA - one for FHIR, CDA, and V2. We need to create another project. Don't want separate projects for CIMI and V3, for example. What should we call the project for specification feedback for those products that don't have a product family. Austin: There was a previous debate over setting up a product family for these types of items. The idea then was "Specialty Product Family." Lorraine: It could be General Specification Feedback." 
        1. Anne to set up a poll on Specialty Products, General Specification Feedback, and Other
    3. PSS Pilot
      1. Melva: We had one project go through the process from Financial Management in parallel with the regular approvals. We have finished the review of the PSS and have pared it down. Josh will be creating the form in JIRA with the proposed changes. Hoping that we can get this up and running in the next couple of weeks to roll it out for the September WGM. Will demo it for the TSC in upcoming weeks.
    4. Updated Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB - review e-vote comments here
      1. Reviewed comments. Austin notes this was around assigning statuses to existing standards. SGB was to provide the rules and the TSC will implement them.
      2. Jean: We have a rule that you must actively seek withdrawal, but we also say if you don't do anything, it just automatically gets withdrawn. Jean reports an instance where they didn't want to reaffirm or seek withdrawal comments so they just let it expire. Lorraine: We did that because people said we needed a better review process for things being withdrawn. Austin proposed that what we're seeking is positive confirmation from a WG that they have a particular intention for the item. Rob: The CTS2 situation points out the value of having a way of notifying the community maybe doesn't want to maintain something anymore. Lorraine: We prefer that WGs make an active decision and have a mechanism for when they don't; maybe it's a knock on WG health if they don't follow the process. David: We have to be careful about the optics of letting things withdraw/expire and then having a resulting scramble. We need some kind of simple process for withdrawals notifying the community that something won't be renewed. Paul: The SGB has determined that their should be a process and the TSC should decide what that is. Wayne: Notification should be allowable short of holding a ballot. Rob: We need an adequate notification process without a ballot. Lorraine: The reason we went to ballots was that the 30 day notification to cochairs ended up with some people still being surprised. Melva: We had a situation with withdrawing IDMP where it wasn't until we went to ballot that we knew that people were unhappy about it. 
      3. Discussion over the proposed precepts and communication timing.
      4. Melva: The material isn't currently readable - it needs to be simplified before sent out to anyone. Paul notes these are just the precepts.
      5. Virginia is concerned about where the documents and characteristics will live. Austin reports the document and characteristics are in Confluence. Characteristics should be linked to from the product grid.
      6. Austin notes there will be steps to take after approval including GOM updates.
        1. MOTION that the TSC approves the creation of a process based upon the principles proposed by SGB: Wayne/Jean
        2. Virginia: To reduce complexity, everything must be findable on Confluence.
        3. David would like the motion to be more specific.
        4. REVISED MOTION that the TSC approves standing up a small task force to create a process based upon the principles proposed by the SGB: Wayne/Jean
        5. VOTE: All in favor
        6. Jean and Melva volunteer to work on creating the process. Will report back next Monday.
    5. Communicating policy decisions
      1. Carry forward
  5. Adjourned at 11:58 am Eastern