Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Chair:  @ Johnathan Coleman

Scribe: @ Suzanne Gonzales-Webb

Agenda Item

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Decision Link(if not child)

Meeting Minutes Approval

2020-07-14 CBCP Meeting Agenda/Minutes DRAFT INCOMPLETE (moved to next week's agenda)

2020-07-14 CBCP Meeting Minutes Approval; Motion made to approve meeting minutes as written: 

Vote: Opposed 0; Abstain: 0 Approval: ##

Standardization of AI-enabled systems in Healthcare (Kathleen)

ANSI INCITs RFI survey requesting information.

PAC is requesting input from WGs.  (Kathleen will send link to listserv for member viewing)

Multiple questions concerning privacy, security, integrity, safety, trust, provenance and lifecycle issues. Responses are due next week and can be sent individually or as part of a group.

  • if anyone is interested in responding please send information to Kathleen or PAC 

PACIO Project 

  • September 2020 Ballot Cycle

FHIR IG

PACIO Functional Status

  • Met with the Technical Standards Committee to request an extension for the NIB submission and PSS approvals to allow the PACIO Functional Status and Cognitive Status IGs to be entered into the September 2020 STU1 ballot. 
  • Challenges with Patient Care sponsorship - PC has voted to be primary sponsor on both IGs (changes approval processes previously approved)
    • IGs submitted, eVote sent (closes this Friday 7/25) for approval by TSC
    • IG final vote will go out on Monday - missing September ballot; will be submitted for out-of-cycle ballot (for submission deadline dates, etc) 
    • Also confirmed do not need a review from ArB since we have been working with CBCP 
    • FMG approval secured
  • eLTSS Materials - one comment received from CSD; requesting that we migrate all materials to HL7 site/i.e. Confluence; set-up in progress - note: currently housed site is available to public
    • Re: confluence page: we will be housed under PC WGs page - sharing information on their sub-page (separate page under PC WG Confluence site)

-----

Please send any technical questions back to David Hill

Please direct any questions to Dave Hill (David Hill) Thank you!

Substantive PACIO IGs for the September 2020 ballot: are posted here:

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/PC/PACIO+Project+Functional+Status

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/PC/PACIO+Project+Cognitive+Status

NIB - Dave needs to contact primary WG Co-chairs to complete 

PSS Approved

 eLTSS

Review of eLTSS track (13 open trackers, 5 additional recommendations for consideration)

  • trackers are non-ballot comments (submitted by FEI systems and Carradora)
  • looking for feedback from pilot/piloting work - work being done in Colorado, Missouri - not ready for report out
  • looking for guidance from CBCP - 
    • non-substantive - recommend to pursue as addition to eLTSS 
    • substantive - consider for future use

Non-substantive items

  1. Question Answer (TRACKER): 23049 - Service Information - Self-Directed Service Indicator
  2. 23045 - Beneficiary Demographics - Person Identifier Type - Coding Medicaid ID
    1. need State specific Medicaide code
    2. recommend to send question over to Financial management WG (Kathleen will be happy to facilitate it on to their agenda
    3. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #23045 Beneficiary Demographics - Person Identifier Type - Coding Medicaid ID, (CBCP) Approval
  3. 23046 - Beneficiary Demographics - Emergency Backup Plan - Emergency Care Plan Resource
    1. Add text as indicated for clarification
    2. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #23046: Beneficiary Demographics - Emergency Backup Plan - Emergency Care Plan Resource, (CBCP) Approval
  4. 23047 Goals & Strengths - Goal - References to Goals for Step or Action or Service request level
    1. update row in mapping spreadsheet to include guidance as indicated
    2. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #23047: Goals & Strengths - Goal - References to Goals for Step or Action or Service request level, (CBCP) Approval
  5. 23058: Service Provider Information - support Planner Name - Same as Support Planner Printed Name
    1. Persuasive w mod - update additional mapping spreadsheet details as indicated
    2. https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=90899604
  6. 23059: Service Provider Information - Service Provider, Name - Same as Service Provider Printed Name
    1. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #23059: Service Provider Information - Service Provider Name - Same as Service Provider Printed Name, (CBCP) Approval
  7. 24901: Practitioner.identfier.system for NPI needs updating in examples
    1. update system values as indicated
    2. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #24901: Practitioner.identifier.system for NPI needs updating in examples, (CBCP) Approval
  8. 24902: Update eltss Risk Assessment binding
    1. remove 'unbound' hyperlink as indicated (from riskassessment.prediciton.outcome
    2. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #24902: Update eLTSS RiskAssessment binding, (CBCP) Approval
  9. *NEW - FHIR-28148 - eLTSS ServiceRequest Profile - updates needed on locationReference
    1. to be entered: eLTSS ServiceRequest Profile - updates needed on locationReference
    2. US Electronic Long-Term Services and Supports (ELTSS)(FHIR) - clarification and update on profile
    3. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #28148 eLTSS ServiceRequest Profile – updates needed on locationReference , (CBCP) Approval
  10. *NECopy of 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #23054: Service Information - Service Start/End Date - Use of occurrenceTiming or occurrencePeriod, (CBCP) Approval, (CBCP) ApprovalW - FHIR-28149 - eLTSS Location Profile – Add explanatory statement
    1. to be entered -  eLTSS Location Profile – Add explanatory statementrelated to above; recommended that location profile only be used for Service Delivery Address when the service or support is provided outside the person's home address when serivce or support is provided in the person's residence
    2. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #28149 eLTSS Location Profile – Add explanatory statement, (CBCP) Approval

MOTION: to accept as reviewed in PPT, no further discussion. (Kathleen / Amber);

VOTE: Opposed: none; Abstentions: none; Motion Passes (13)

-----

CONSIDERED FOR FUTURE USE - substantive items to be updated later: MOTION: to accept draft dispositions as considered for future use (Amber/Kathleen) VOTE: opposed: none; abstentions: 1 (Mike); motion passes: 12

  1. #23048 Person Centered Planning - Plan Monitor Name/Number - Use of Encounter and EpisodeOfCare references
    1. substantive; considered for future use
    2. please collaborate w Security (have  Care team 'label'
    3. 2020-07-21 duplicate
  2. #23054, #23055 Service Information - Service State/End Date - Use of occurencTiming or occurrencePeriod
    1. need to work with O&O WG
    2. may need to change cardinality, or add new element to record start/end date/s (two possible options)
    3. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #23054: Service Information - Service Start/End Date - Use of occurrenceTiming or occurrencePeriod, (CBCP) Approval
    4. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #23055: Service Information - Service Start/End Date - Use of occurrenceTiming or occurrencePeriod, (CBCP) Approval
  3. 23056: Service Information - Service Unity Quatity - representing more complex serivce internal/quantity scenarios
    1. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #23056: Service Information - Service Unit Quantity - representing more complex service internal/quantity scenarios, (CBCP) Approval
  4. 23057 Service Informaton - Service Rate per unity/total cost of Service - Use of Claim Resource
    1. suggest talking to FM (claim), O&O (service request) and Patient Admin (HealthcareSrvice) to determine where cost fits best for a service
    2. 2020-07-21 eLTSS FHIR IG JIRA Tracker #23057: Service Information - Service Rate per Unit/Total Cost of Service - Use of Claim Resource, (CBCP) Approval
  5. *NEW -FHIR-28153 - eLTSS Patient Profile – Add MustSupport flag to address.district
  6. *NEW - eLTSS Patient Profile - Add MustSupport flag to address.district
    1. add support flag
  7. *NEWFHIR-28154 - eLTSS Observation Profile – Add MustSupport flag to Observation.subject
    eLTSS Observation Profile - Add MustSupport flag to Observation.subject
    1. add support flag
  8. *NEWFHIR-28155 - Create new eLTSS QuestionnaireResponse Profile – include a MustSupport flag on QuestionnaireResponse.subject
    New Profile - eltss QuestionnaireResponse - include a MustSupport flag on QuesetionnaireResponse.subject
    1. add support flag
    2. ------------------------------------end
  • Community Update (information below); well attended, including a number of States
    • a slide deck from meeting will be completed and access given
  • Continue to prepare for testing in September 2020

---

ONC/CMS eLTSS Project will be hosting the summer edition of the eLTSS Community Update 

GitHub Link:   https://github.com/onc-healthit/eLTSS-Reference-Implementation

ONC released the Leading Edge Acceleration Projects (LEAP) in Health IT, Special Emphasis Notice (SEN) on grants.gov. You can also find information on the healthit.gov website.

DS4P FHIR IG - Kathleen Connor

Update everything now in JIRA; 

Working on ballot reconciliation; DoD responses should be completed shortly; 

  • Suzanne receiving withdrawal of negative vote e-mails from DoD as of 7/16/2020 (please contact Johnathan w any DoD stragglers)

CERNER, MITRE, Altarum - Kathleen will place dispositions in JIRA

Continue to have issues with JIRA upload; JIRA errors are back from Lloyd - all comments have to be in JIRA;   Kathleen has requested from office for education and documentation on JIRA. may delay upload (resulting in not making July 5 deadline)

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/SEC/FHIR+US+Regulatory+Security+Labeling+IG+Out-of-Cycle+Ballot+Request https://confluence.hl7.org/display/SEC/Cross+Paradigm+US+Security+Labeling+IG+Out-of-Cycle+Ballot+Request https://confluence.hl7.org/display/SEC/FHIR+DS4P+IG+Out-of-Cycle+Ballot+Request 

LINK:  FHIR DS4P IG, FHIR Proposals approved

PSS Approved 6/4/2019: FHIR Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P) Implementation Guide PSS (by Steering Division)

Share with Protections (informational paper)

Update: PLEASE SIGN UP FOR BALLOT to provide comments

Ready to submit (correcting two misspells in diagrams) 

PSS Share with Protections Project Scope Statement 

NIB submitted

Cross Paradigm Security Labeling IG

(part of "Cross Paradigm Security Labeling IG")

"Early January ballot" (being held in October)

includes proposals on how to do CUi, Title38 - how to use DS4P to create a consensus around a security label for a particular policy

Security and Privacy Information Model - Security WG (owner), CBCP Co-sponsor

Met last week - Ioana has volunteered to be RSA modeler to update

  • reviewed 5 models - comments made
    • discussed linkage 10183 (ISO) ; looking at relationship bet policy and information and initiator, definition in Access Control
    • would like to add at minimum ABAC since HL7 standards have moved in that direction
    • considering RelBAC (which is also in ISO)
    • adding initiator as a class; revising link to information reference of 22600 model
    • would like to remove (within policy) composite relationship as presented in current model and replace w aggregation to be in line w 22600
    • concurrence that decision to move forward as a logical model is supported by Ioana/group
  • no meeting tomorrow - to give Ioana some time to update models
  • next meeting 7/29 using Security Zoom information 

"composite" = "composition" - how to compose a policy out of a basic policy (does this change aggregation?) may have been missed inthe original DAM (this is Bernd's definition; how the TF4FA was modeled and characterized; composite policy wasn't just aggregation - but a way of orchestrating policy)


Will go into individual models in the document; listing from review–the specific updates that need to be made on the models

Work session calls for developing the HL7 Security and Privacy Information Model / WED 1:00-2:00 ET

https://zoom.us/j/6754075337;  Meeting ID: 675 407 5337   (Call details http://www.hl7.org/concalls/CallDetails.aspx?concall=50666)

Phone Number: +1 929-436-2866; Participant Passcode: 675 407 5337

WG Call Agenda and Minutes @ https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=31690524&src=contextnavpagetreemode

Aiming for January 2021 Ballot cycle

HL7 Privacy and Security Logical Model PSS (PSS approved 7/7/2020)

7/7/2020 CBCP approves co-sponsoring the S&P Information Model project : HL7 Privacy and Security Logical Model PSS as written. (MikeD/Greg), no further discussion 

FHIR Consent

no update. 

 Example Requests

David Pyke still looking for FHIR Consent implementations 


Multiple Chronic Conditions Project Scope Statement - update?  REMOVE

Meeting day/time? <<add link>>

Multiple Chronic Conditions PSS submitted by Patient Care. - large scope project

US Core - project dependency - may not be able to align initially

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/PC/Multiple+Chronic+Conditions+Dynamic+Electronic+Care+Plan+FHIR+IG



Target 2022 STU ballot, 2026 Normative ballot, publication request 


Patient Empowerment Project Scope Proposal - update?  (Dave Pyke)

PSS-165


Weekly call:  Thursday Jul 23, 2020 - 01:00 PM (Eastern Time, GMT -04 DST)  :  https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/322275573
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212;  Access Code: 322-275-573

Heads up: Patient Empowerment Project Scope Proposal, which we may want to cosponsor or be listed as an interested party.  They are open to us doing so.

Create a white paper on patient contributed data. The goal would be to define the concept, scan and summarize related HL7 materials/initiatives, identify gaps in what is addressed, and recommend a path forward. Note workflow.

This is an important project because there is increasing recognition that patients are a useful source of data: health status, outcomes, values, and goals. In addition, consumers have access to a range of increasingly sophisticated tools to monitor and manage both health and illness. The data from these tools can provide insights into onset of illness, correlations between exacerbations of illness and environmental factors, and enable early identification of problems. All of this data can support the care of individuals and collaboration with physicians but only if it can be stored, viewed, and shared in standard ways.

Show
Create a white paper on patient contributed data. The goal would be to define the concept, scan and summarize related HL7 materials/initiatives, identify gaps in what is addressed, and recommend a path forward. Note workflow. This is an important project because there is increasing recognition that patients are a useful source of data: health status, outcomes, values, and goals. In addition, consumers have access to a range of increasingly sophisticated tools to monitor and manage both health and illness. The data from these tools can provide insights into onset of illness, correlations between exacerbations of illness and environmental factors, and enable early identification of problems. All of this data can support the care of individuals and collaboration with physicians but only if it can be stored, viewed, and shared in standard ways.

Kathleen reached out to Jan - request that they include Security and Privacy; they may be able to assist with use cases with intent to be more closely connected with this group.

  • should we invite?  Patient Empowerment (new WG) handles patient voice into standards making  (i.e. Patient Dave)
  • goal: to influence standards making to consider patients/have patient voice in their data; how to include patients in standards deelopment


  • this PSS is on patient contributed data; i.e. unscripted notes, general information
    • how do you determine if information is incorrect



SOA Proposal: Consent Management Service

Update (if attending member is present); approved and moving forward (CBCP is co-sponsoring)

Meeting Thursdays at 7PM ET

Initial draft approved by SOA is here.

https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/resumedraft.action?draftId=82912839&draftShareId=782bcffa-4cc4-43c4-9bef-a04be7422cad& 

CBCP agreed to co-sponsor project: Consent Management Service (owner: SOA) on 6/9/2020 (background information can be found on 6/9 meeting minutes

FYI: Privacy and Security Architecture PSAF

No update; publication request in.... waiting ANSI approval (ETA: end of July 2020)


Additional Agenda Items



FYI: Co-chair elections - Please Vote (3-mail coming from HL7 office in July)

REMOVE from Agenda

Current Co-chairs: Johnathan Coleman, Dave Pyke, Suzanne Gonzales-Webb have been nominated/self-nominated for re-election 

Also looking for Steering Division co-Chairs - requirement is that you have been a co-chair for a WG committee (and be nominated by co-chair)

Terms begin January 2021

VOTING occurs July?

FYI:   34th Annual Plenary, Working Group Meeting & HL7 FHIR Connectathon

(co-chairs to check on scheduling options)

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and in the interest of the health and safety of our community, the 34th Annual Plenary and Working Group Meeting as well as the FHIR Connectathon will be held as virtual events. 

  • HL7 FHIR Connectathon: Wednesday, September 9 - Friday, September 11

  • Plenary Meeting: Monday, September 21 (morning)

  • Work Group Meetings: Monday, September 21 (afternoon) - Thursday, September 24 

    • If you have a significant International attendance, please schedule accordingly

Logistics (still in process) from HL7 member meeting

  • Encouraging open, topic-based Q4 sessions over joint WG meetings
  • Most meetings scheduled between 11-5 ET (WGs may schedule other times)
  • Active schedule management tools helpful (Eventmobi, Whova)
    • Defer long meetings (TSC, Monthly Co-Chairs, BoD, IC, All Hands)
    • Record general sessions and offer live Q&A for other time zones
  • Working to make our interactions more friendly to international time zones

FYI:    CBCP ZOOM 2020 info 

Join Zoom Meeting - https://zoom.us/j/9883657483

Meeting ID: 988 365 7483  Password: 722930+1 646 558 8656 US (New York) Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acrouUaT6T

Adjournment

 Meeting adjourned at 1003  Arizona Time 

Attendees

PresentNameAffiliation
 PresentName Affiliation 
  •  
SRS
  •  

 David Pyke Co-Chair

Ready Computing 
  •  
@Jim Kretz Co-Chair SAMHSA 
  •  
VA (Book Zurman) 

Present

NameAffiliation
  •  

HHS

  •  

Amber Patel  ayp@securityrs.com

SRS
  •  
Cambia Health
  •  

@Beth  Connor Beth.Connor@cms.hhs.gov

HHS
  •  
Kaiser
  •  
VA
  •  
Colleen Wadman 443-553-3533
  •  
Altarum
  •  

David Angeles 616-446-6549


  •  
MITRE
  •  

DeboraAnnSimmons@gmail.com


  •  

Forrest White forrest.white@altarum.org

Altarum

  •  
SRS
  •  

@Hannah Galvan  hannah.galvin@lahey.org

Lahey
  •  
Carradora
  •  

Jeff Helman jeffhelman42@gmail.com

SSA (Aegis)
  •  

Jessica Skopac  

jskopac@mitre.org

MITRE

  •  

John Davis "Mike"

VA
  •  
ByLight
  •  
SSA (Aegis)
  •  
VA (Book Zurman)
  •  
Kel Callahan kcallahan@hipaat.comHIPAAT
  •  
Kenneth SalyardsSAMHSA
  •  

Laura Bright laurabright4@gmail.com

AMA ?
  •  
Altarum
  •  
Leavitt Partners, CARIN
  •  
MDIX Inc
  •  
Avality
  •  

Mindy Lee ml4459@cumc.columbia.edu

Colombia University
  •  
VA (Book Zurman)
  •  
LGI Software
  •  
Patrick Pyette ppyette@hipaat.comHIPAAT
  •  
Carradora
  •  

Sean Mahoney smahoney@mitre.org

MITRE
  •  
MITRE
  •  

Tim Shaffer

MITRE
  •  

Ty Mullen tmullen@mitre.org

MITRE
  •  

Victor Vadim Vadim@medside.com

Medside
  •  

Willie Eetmiott (914) 485-5076


  •  
Lorraine Constable

Supporting Documents

Outline Reference

Supporting Document

Minute Approval


Action items Suzanne Gonzales-Webb