Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-07-20
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Stuart

David PykexRob McClure
Riki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff

Walter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexKathleen Connor

xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Lynn Laakso







xCeline Lefebre

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 
      1. 2020-07-13 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      2. 2020-07-16 TSC/HL7 Joint Board Retreat Agenda/Minutes
      3. 2020-07-16 TSC Retreat Agenda/Minutes
      4. 2020-07-17 TSC Retreat Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from previous e-votes referred for discussion:
    1. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P), Release 1 at Project Insight 1549
    2. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1600
    3. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1600
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. 2020Sep NIB/Ballot Name approvals
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. STU Extension Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Clinical Quality Language (CQL)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1 - STU 3 US Realm at Project Insight 1142
    2. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for FHIR Quality Measure Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1499 for 2 years
    3. STU Publication Request by the Pharmacy WG of the Clinical SD for Consumer-facing Real time Pharmacy Benefit Check at Project Insight 1543 for 2 years
    4. Request from the CDA Management Group to renew the terms of Brett Marquard, Jean Duteau, Raychelle Fernandez, and Yan Herras for 2 years
  6. Approval items for this week:
    1. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Clinical Decision Support for Immunizations, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1342 for 2 years
    2. Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Specification Laboratory Ask at Order Entry (AOE), US Realm at Project Insight 1634
    3. Normative Publication Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for Electronic Nutrition Care Process Record System (ENCPRS) Functional Profile at Project Insight 706
    4. Work Group Dissolution Request by the Project Services WG of the Organizational Support Steering Division
    5. Project Approval Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Privacy and Security Information Model at Project Insight 1630
    6. Missed PSS submission deadline appeal from Public Health for January ballot cycle
  7. Discussion topics:
    1. CARIN IG work issues
    2. Nominees for the TSC Ad Hoc position
    3. PSS Pilot
    4. Updated Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB - review e-vote comments here
    5. Communicating policy decisions
  8. Parking Lot

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 
      1. 2020-07-13 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      2. 2020-07-16 TSC/HL7 Joint Board Retreat Agenda/Minutes
      3. 2020-07-16 TSC Retreat Agenda/Minutes
      4. 2020-07-17 TSC Retreat Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from previous e-votes referred for discussion:
    1. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P), Release 1 at Project Insight 1549
    2. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1600
    3. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1600
      1. Kathleen here to discuss. Jean noted that there was no rationale for not waiting until January. Kathleen notes that federal agencies need a way to do security labeling as soon as possible - it is a high priority. Melva notes that their previous ballot reconciliation isn't posted. Kathleen assures that a large chunk is done and will be complete. Austin advises that they include the rationale in any future requests.
        1. MOTION to accept the three out of cycle ballot requests: Jean/Paul
        2. VOTE: All in favor
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. 2020Sep NIB/Ballot Name approvals
      1. Reviewed Jean's comments and resolved
      2. Discussion over CTS2 withdrawal. They want to change sponsoring WG. Lynn reports that if they are not going to withdraw, they will need to reaffirm or provide rationale for a delay in reaffirmation. Lorraine: Vocab should request an extension on the ANSI period to handle the process of moving sponsorship. Rob should email Karen.
        1. MOTION to approve the clean ballot items: Paul/Sandy
        2. VOTE: All in favor
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. CARIN IG work issues
      1. Paul explains that the naming issue with CARIN Blue Button has arisen again. The artifact was renamed before going into ballot because of trademark. CARIN was asked to reach out to get authorization from ONC to use the name. ONC has approved the use of Blue Button but not in association with any product name, but could be used in a parenthetical in the title. CARIN BB is being used in the tooling and website but that is not allowed. They stated they have a new name approved by HL7 but it is unclear who approved that - MK will get clarification.
      2. MK notes they had a block vote on typos incorrect links but pulled it back to do some additional work with the project team, who are frustrated that things aren't moving faster. This led to reviewing their continuous build, and they are making changes without tickets being approved. Rob: Is this an issue where they don't know how to follow the processes? Paul: That is correct. MK: They are trying to do the right thing but are frustrated by the process. Rob: What is it that we can do to make it better? Paul: Bringing this topic forward was for awareness and in the future, we need to do more in making sure that they actually have people who understand how to do things. Melva: We as an organization need to do better in finding ways to support beyond one on one hand holding. Lorraine: When ARB reviewed the external content, technical issues were found and they were advised to work the the WG on those. Rob: Do we demand that the accelerator hire someone who has the necessary expertise? Lorraine: We have asked them to hire people to do the work but we still have to do our due diligence.
      3. Rob: We're missing the criteria that there be a test that you must demonstrate knowledge of the process. Wayne: Most accelerators have followed the process, but CARIN has done a number of things differently. MK: How should we go about confirming the quality? How do we assess it? Lorraine: FMG could help with that. 
  6. Carry forward:
    1. Nominees for the TSC Ad Hoc position
    2. PSS Pilot
    3. Updated Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB - review e-vote comments here
    4. Communicating policy decisions
  7. Remaining meeting completed as closed session to continue with TSC retreat topics. Adjourned at 12:30 pm Eastern