Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-07-13
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin Kreisler
Tony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Stuart
xDavid PykexRob McClure
Riki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexDave Hill

xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) votexSiama Rizvi

x

Lynn Laakso



xSam Sayer





xJay Lyle





xEmma Jones





xLaura Heerman





xJessica Skopac





xMark Kramer





xFrank McKinney











Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-07-06 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Management of TSC agendas
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Missed NIB Deadline Appeal and Missed TSC Approval Deadline by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for PACIO Project Cognitive Status at Project Insight 1572 
    2. Missed NIB Deadline Appeal and Missed TSC Approval Deadline by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for PACIO Project Functional Status at Project Insight 1572
    3. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P), Release 1 at Project Insight 1549
    4. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1600
    5. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1600
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. Missed NIB Deadline Appeal by the CIMI WG of the Infrastructure SD for Vital Signs at Project Insight 1541
    2. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for Multiple Chronic Conditions Dynamic Electronic Care Plan FHIR IG at Project Insight 1618
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. 2020Sep NIB/Ballot Name approvals
    2. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for FHIR Quality Measure Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1499 for 2 years
    3. STU Publication Request by the Pharmacy WG of the Clinical SD for Consumer-facing Real time Pharmacy Benefit Check at Project Insight 1543 for 2 years
    4. Review Updated Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB
    5. Request from the CDA Management Group to renew the terms of Brett Marquard, Jean Duteau, Raychelle Fernandez, and Yan Herras for 2 years
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Updated STU Publication Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for Clinical Research Sponsor Laboratory Semantics in FHIR at Project Insight 1425 
    2. Updated Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB
    3. Nominees for the TSC Ad Hoc position
    4. Board/TSC Retreat this week
  7. Parking Lot
    1. Coordinate artifact naming guidance update
    2. Management group terms/reappointments 
    3. Review Confluence publication request form and how we update and approve changes to Confluence forms
    4. Review implementers section of PSS
    5. How to manage all specifications that are dependent upon C-CDA moving forward
    6. Coordination efforts with external terminology organizations
    7. Revisiting HL7 architectures and the role of ARB 
    8. Time zones and virtual meetings
    9. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    10. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    11. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project con

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Numerous guests representing appeal items
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-07-06 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Accepted via general consent
    4. Management of TSC agendas
      1. Please get items added to the agenda to Austin/Wayne/Anne by 11 am on the Friday before the meeting
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Missed NIB Deadline Appeal and Missed TSC Approval Deadline by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for PACIO Project Cognitive Status at Project Insight 1572 
    2. Missed NIB Deadline Appeal and Missed TSC Approval Deadline by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for PACIO Project Functional Status at Project Insight 1572
      1. Dave Hill here to represent the requests. Missed the NIB deadline and the April TSC approval deadline. Confusion about sponsorship of one of the projects because WG minutes reflect sponsorship of one and cosponsorship of the other. 
      2. Dave describes the projects. 
      3. Austin asks Patient Care cochairs what their view is of the sponsorship of the projects. Emma Jones was the scribe and states they were approached to sponsor both projects but they agreed to sponsor Functional Status with the condition that other WGs like Structured Documents follow the project from a development and implementation perspective, and a number of other WGs also cosponsor. During the same call, they decided to be cosponsor of Cognitive Status, thinking that CBCP would be a more appropriate sponsor because of work they are doing. Laura states that she remembers it the same way. Dave remembered it that Patient Care was sponsoring both with CBCP as cosponsor. Emma states that they let Dave know there was a new group in HL7 (Cross-Group Projects) might be the place to start to find a good fit.
      4. Austin: In summary, the project team thinks they received approval for the sponsorship of both projects, while Patient Care gave conditional approval of sponsoring one project and agreed to cosponsor the other, as supported by the Patient Care minutes. He invites other TSC members to weigh in.
      5. Paul: Where has the work been done, and who approved the Connectathon tracks. Dave: We've been meeting with both Patient Care and CBCP for many months, giving them updates and including them in all major decisions. We shared what we were doing in the Connectathon. Emma notes they've been getting frequent updates on things the project has been doing. Lorraine notes that any formal decisions must be made at the WG. What is TSC being asked to consider? Are we trying to decide what we do with the approval of the project or the approval of the NIB? Austin: Patient Care is going to have to clarify the sponsorship issues on both items and document that in minutes. Emma: We have a cochair call this afternoon and will discuss. Gives kudos to Dave and the team on the work that they've done and states she will help work with them to get what they need. Dave reports CBCP agreed to cosponsor and approved the NIB. Melva notes that a cosponsor can't approve a NIB.
      6. Rob asks what Patient Care's concern about sponsoring both. Laura reports it's a bandwidth issue.
      7. Virginia asks why the NIB deadline was missed? Dave replies that they put together the documentation for the cochairs to fill out the form and there was confusion coordinating between PC and CBCP.
      8. Melva: Emma mentioned a call today for Patient Care call that is just a cochair call - not sure that call can make the decisions. What is PC's process for following through on approval deadlines? Emma: Normally we rely heavily on the project leads. We announce upcoming deadlines on the call. Usually project leads only come to us if they need something process-wise. Melva: But what happened with the April 24 TSC approval deadline? Jay: Some of the projects we work very closely with and in others we see ourselves as resources. Laura: The problem happened in that Patient Care was waiting to hear if cosponsors had agreed. 
      9. Austin: Patient Care needs to decide on sponsorship. There isn't any way they can be part of the normal ballot opening; they will have to have a delayed open or out of cycle ballot. Lorraine: What is the impact of just going to the 2021Jan ballot? Dave: It would break our momentum and could lose participants. 
      10. Jean explains how ANSI requirements factor into the deadlines.
      11. Dave notes that FMG approved both PSSs and they'll go to US Realm tomorrow.
      12. Paul: Did FMG approve the IG proposals? And are we asking Patient Care to sponsor both guides? Austin: At a minimum they need to clarify what they're sponsoring, and if they don't do both they'll have to search for another sponsor. Anne responds that they do have approved IG proposals. 
      13. Austin: If we get through all the approvals, I would propose a delayed open. Lynn states they could open with an announcement on September 18 at the earliest as an out of cycle ballot. 
      14. Lorraine: Do we need a motion to approve this approach?
        1. MOTION to request that the project team and Patient Care work together to get all approvals done within the next 3 weeks, and if so the TSC will consider an out of cycle ballot request and the missed deadline approvals: Lorraine/Jean
        2. VOTE: All in favor
        3. Steps for Patient Care: Patient Care to make a decision and document votes on sponsorship for both items. If the decision stands not to sponsor Cognitive Status, communicate that to the project team so alternate sponsorship can be secured.
    3. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P), Release 1 at Project Insight 1549
    4. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1600
    5. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1600
      1. Jean: They described why they missed the deadline but not the rationale for why they can't wait until January. 
      2. Giorgio notes that there seem to be more OOC ballot requests lately. Perhaps we need to rethink the process to better handle these kinds of requests. 
      3. Melva: They actually withdrew one of the ballots last cycle, and changed the scope of the DS4P. They couldn't get the work done within their aggressive timelines. 
      4. David: All are being funded by the VHA and are likely timed to funding.
        1. MOTION to table these items until WG representatives can attend: Lorraine/Melva
        2. VOTE: All in favor
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Updated STU Publication Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for Clinical Research Sponsor Laboratory Semantics in FHIR at Project Insight 1425 
      1. BR&R was asked to come up with an alternate name and did so. Lynn: It will really be HL7 FHIR Implementation Guide: Clinical Research Sponsor Laboratory Semantics in FHIR, Release 1
        1. MOTION to approve Lynn's amended title: Lorraine/Rob
        2. Paul thinks "in FHIR" is redundant - Rob and Jean agree.
        3. VOTE: All in favor
        4. MOTION to approve the publication request: Jean/Rob
        5. VOTE: All in favor
    2. Updated Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB
      1. This will be discussed on next week's 90 minute call. Austin asks TSC members to review it.
    3. Carry forward:
      1. Nominees for the TSC Ad Hoc position
  5. Adjourned at 12:00 pm Eastern