Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-06-29
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin Kreisler
Tony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielRegretsSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClure
Riki MerrickRegretsVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote



xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Lynn Laakso







xRachel Foerster

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-06-22 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Homework for the retreat: review TSC responsibilities in the GOM
  2. Review action items –
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. STU Publication Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for CDISC Lab Semantics in FHIR at Project Insight 1425 for 2 years
    2. Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 FHIR Implementation Guide (IG) for the Nutrition Care Process at Project Insight 1614
  4. Approval items from  2020-06-22 e-vote approved:
    1. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for Outcome Criteria Framework Implementation Guide at Project Insight TBD
    2. Project Approval Request by the Structured Docs WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Implementation Guide(s) for CDA® Release 2 & FHIR® Release 4: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports at Project Insight 1192
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. Recommendation from SGB to appoint Emma Jones as a new member of the CDA Management Group
    2. STU Extension Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for QI-Core Implementation Guide: STU 3.2 (v3.2.0 for FHIR 3.0.1) at Project Insight 1499 for 2 years
  6. Approval items for this week's e-vote:
    1. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P), Release 1 at Project Insight 1549
    2. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1600
    3. Out of Cycle Ballot Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1600
    4. Missed NIB Deadline Appeal by the CIMI WG of the Infrastructure SD for Vital Signs at Project Insight 1541
    5. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for Multiple Chronic Conditions Dynamic Electronic Care Plan FHIR IG at Project Insight 1618
  7. Discussion topics:
    1. Review TSC Retreat agenda
      1. Should the retreat be a closed meeting?
    2. Status of task forces: Accelerator Task Force and Agile Standards Task Force
  8. Parking Lot
    1. Coordinate artifact naming guidance update
    2. Management group terms/reappointments 
    3. Review Confluence publication request form and how we update and approve changes to Confluence forms
    4. Review implementers section of PSS
    5. How to manage all specifications that are dependent upon C-CDA moving forward
    6. Coordination efforts with external terminology organizations
    7. Revisiting HL7 architectures and the role of ARB 
    8. Time zones and virtual meetings
    9. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    10. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    11. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    12. JIRA balloting and Best practices for ballot review in large organizations

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. Paul adds discussion of importation of ballot spreadsheets into JIRA
        1. Decision to move topic to JIRAcon call
    1. Rob adds status of standards
    1. Approve Minutes of 2020-06-22 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Minutes approved via general consent
    2. Homework for the retreat: review TSC responsibilities in the GOM
      1. Austin asks everyone to review in advance of the retreat
  2. Review action items –
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. STU Publication Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for CDISC Lab Semantics in FHIR at Project Insight 1425 for 2 years
      1. The issue is using CDISC in the name of the standard. Wayne notes we do not have a current agreement with CDISC covering this. Can't use the name in the title.
      2. Paul: Should we update our artifact naming guidance to preclude the use of trademarked name? Austin: We should probably propose that to the GOC.
      3. Send back to WG stating that we can't approve with the current title and they'll need to update it and resubmit. Melva will reach out to them.
        1. MOTION to table pending WG response on name of standard: Wayne/Paul
        2. VOTE: All in favor
    2. Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 FHIR Implementation Guide (IG) for the Nutrition Care Process at Project Insight 1614
      1. Rob is wondering if the DAM is going to be updated or if an IG is being created based on the DAM? Lorraine states that both are a part of the project. Requirements are being updated along with the IG work.
        1. MOTION to approve: Rob/David
        2. VOTE: Jean abstains. Remaining in favor.
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Lynn reports that she has an adjustment to make before she sends the draft ballot announcement out to cochairs for review. Melva notes that five FHIR IGs have been withdrawn due to a lack of proposals and/or adequate testing.  
    2. Review TSC Retreat agenda
      1. Should the retreat be a closed meeting? Wayne: The board meetings and advisory council meetings are closed, and we should probably follow suit. It's a retreat meeting not a general meeting. Lorraine: Retreat or not, we have the option of having closed meetings and this seems like a reasonable case. Austin: Then we will treat the meeting as closed. Should check the DMP to see if we have any announcement requirements around a closed meeting.
      2. Reviewed agenda
    3. Status of task forces: Accelerator Task Force and Agile Standards Task Force
      1. Accelerator Task Force:
        1. Austin reports that the accelerator task force has accomplished quite a bit in terms of providing feedback to Wayne/staff on ways to improve how accelerators are onboarded and how WGs work with accelerators. Trying to identify if this task force has lived its useful live or if it still has tasks going forward. Has aimed to open communication channels between WGs and accelerators. Lorraine: We should more broadly disseminate the information. Paul: Education was one of the goals - not sure our materials are yet at the level of maturity that would be ideal. Wayne: Lorraine's comment is relevant - should meet one more time for closure and put together a report. Melva: The one thing that came up recently was that some of the WGs have discovered the FHIR Accelerator home page and ask that we rebrand it to newcomers in general rather than just FHIR Accelerators. MK: Training still needs to happen and not sure that we've finalized that. HL7 does not have the level of training that accelerators need in the FHIR realm. If HL7 doesn't pick up that slack, someone else has to. David: We need to have a plan in place for how to bring it down and highlight which tasks are closed but still require action from external groups. Lorraine: We can't close it down until we determine what is left to do. Austin: We'll have the task force look at that and decide what the next steps are.
      2. The Agile Standards Task Force
        1. Austin: This group was stood up based on a mandate from the board to evaluate all of the standards in the grid to identify which are standards that we want people to adopt. We came up with a list of statuses with associated criteria that will be moved to WGs to use against their list of standards to determine the current state of each one. We determined that we should wait until after the retreat to send out the list. Rob: The CTS 2 spec is a good example - no one is working on it. We would call it stable because there are some implementations, but no one is working on it or interested in changing it. Discussion over whether that type of standard should be withdrawn. Austin notes that withdrawn/archived standards remain available, we're just not doing any more work on them. Rob: If a standard is withdrawn and then someone later wants to improve it, can it be reopened? Lorraine: We started doing withdrawal ballots so they have a chance to weigh in. Wayne: The reason this is an important topic is because of the board's sustainability discussion to broaden HL7's reach to be more relevant in the wider world. We've had a long term misunderstanding of the word withdrawal. Trying to make it easier to adopt an HL7 standard an understand what version to use for what purpose. Paul: Just because maintenance isn't done, it doesn't necessarily mean we should withdraw it. Giorgio: There is also a question of messaging - if you're retiring something it's no longer supported. Wayne: A whole lot of it is we need to do a better job explaining what the term withdraw means. It only means taking it off ANSI's list. If it's retired we're not working on it anymore, but you can still get it and use it. Paul: I appreciate that we're still making them available, but we're removing the ANSI designation and that matters. 
  5. Adjourned at 11:56 am Eastern