Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 74 Next »

Weekly updates will be posted to this page to give a high level overview of the UTG project with current priorities and risks

6/22/20-6/26/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
  • Pilot Preparation
    • The Pilot is continuing as some participants have not yet submitted their proposals
    • The Reviewer group has been encouraged to participate in Consensus Review as there are two tickets that can be voted on
    • Please see Participating in UTG Pilot Testing for more information about issues logged and proposals in queue
  • Content
    • Due to an unfortunate snafu, the coremif from March 2019 (1436) was used to generate release 1.0.0 instead of the December 2019 version (1451)
      • Work is underway to fix the issue
    • Due to another unfortunate breakdown in communication, the incorrect FHIR resources were imported
      1. The generated ones with the narrative instead of the git ones that are the source of truth
      2. Work underway with Grahame to fix this
    • Due to a timing issue, the FHIR resources for the R5 preview site were updated with their versions after the R4.0.1 versions were imported
      1. Work is underway with Grahame to fix this in UTG
  • IG Publisher
    • Continued progress on adding Title to Naming System objects
  • Workflow
    • Significant permissions and algorithm issues were discovered in the JIRA settings for the UP project late last week
      • These have been fixed and will be verified throughout the Pilot
    • Fixed issue with generation of link to branched build page
    • Fixed issue caused by linked tickets to tickets in the UP Jira project

6/15/20-6/19/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
    • Updated list of UTG Project Tasks
    • Continued to work on Educational materials
      • Created the first educational session recording intended for the general public
        • This session will be posted early next week
      • The second session for the HL7 Community will be recorded next week
      • Please see the UTG Education and Rollout Plan for more details
  • Pilot Preparation
    • The Pilot is continuing as some participants have not yet submitted their proposals
    • The Reviewer group has been encouraged to participate in Consensus Review as there are two tickets that can be voted on
    • Please see Participating in UTG Pilot Testing for more information about issues logged and proposals in queue
  • IG Publisher
    • Made progress on adding Title to Naming System objects
  • Workflow
    • Addressed issues with voting on 'Other' proposal types

6/8/20-6/12/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
    • Updated list of UTG Project Tasks
    • Continued to work on Educational materials
      • Created slides for the first educational session intended for the general public
        • This session will be recorded Friday 6/19
      • Please see the UTG Education and Rollout Plan for more details
  • Pilot Preparation
    • The Pilot is continuing as some participants have not yet submitted their proposals
    • The Reviewer group has been encouraged to participate in Consensus Review as there are two tickets that can be voted on
    • Please see Participating in UTG Pilot Testing for more information about issues logged and proposals in queue
  • Policy
    • The Vocabulary WG agreed upon a policy for Deprecation of Code Systems (assume Value Sets will be handled the same but ran out of time to discuss). The policy includes:
      • Deprecate the old object(s)
        • Document the reason in the Code System description/definition field as a change to the status, when, and why    
        • In bold heading, e.g. "Deprecated because unification triggered replacement by CodeSystem/v3-ObservationInterpretation June 20, 2020."
      • The Hx tracking Provenance entry needs the data and versioning and the description shortened perhaps, such as 'status changed to Deprecated'
      • Move the entries for the ones being deprecated from the product family tabs to the "Deprecated/Retired" tab
      • Add an element of the workflow status extension (http://hl7.org/fhir/extension-codesystem-workflowstatus.html) with the string value of "Deprecated"
      • Put the link to the Confluence page on the Deprecation Policy from Vocabulary into the Code System definition element as part of the Deprecation comment
      • It was suggested that we add language in the modified tab "Deprecated/Retired" to add the link to the policy into the text on the tab  
      • We will investigate ways to segment the deprecated and retired entries on that tab
  • IG Publisher
    • Added Title to Naming System objects
    • Removed funky characters from Naming Systems
  • Workflow
    • Performed complete review of workflow transitions

6/1/20-6/5/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
    • Updated list of UTG Project Tasks
    • Continued to work on Educational materials
      • The first two webinars have been planned (for the General Public and the HL7 Community) and we are working with Sadhana to ensure they meet HL7 guidelines
        • These will be recorded the third and fourth week of June, respectively
      • Please see the UTG Education and Rollout Plan for more details
  • Pilot Preparation
    • The Pilot is continuing as some participants have not yet submitted their proposals
    • The Reviewer group has been encouraged to participate in Consensus Review as there are two tickets that can be voted on
    • Please see Participating in UTG Pilot Testing for more information about issues logged and proposals in queue
  • IG Publisher
    • Fixed typo on Value Set tab
    • Fixed Title extension
    • Updated the ICD10 Dutch entries
  • Workflow
    • Fixed issue preventing OSG members from voting

5/25/20-5/29/20

General status and progress updates: 

5/18/20-5/22/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
  • Pilot Preparation
    • Major documentation updates for guidance on editing vocabulary changes in the UTG Editor
    • In process of scheduling session to meet with Pilot testers
    • Scheduled call to kick off Pilot testing on 5/26 at 2 PM ET
  • Content 
    • Fixed issues with Naming Systems
    • Fixed V2 Table status code
    • Updated the external URI values with history tracking
  • Workflow
    • Cleaned up Proposal Type names
    • Configured OSG voters and weights to best of our knowledge
    • Renamed UTG Jira project to "UTG Change Proposals"

5/11/20-5/15/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
  •  Content 
    • Published the FIRST RELEASE of UTG content, see https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/UTG/index.html
      • This was the major focus this week
      • Grahame walked Ted through the release process for the first release
    • Fixed v2 referential integrity issues
  • IG Template
    • Additional text updates 
      • Home Page
      • Background Page

5/4/20-5/8/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
  •  Content (first release planned for this weekend!)
    • There were dependencies on the IG Publisher that pushed the release date out a week 
    • Resolved all fatal errors 
    • Fixed invalid name formatting for FHIR resources
    • Extracted history from coreMIF
    • Changed absolute URL references to relative ones
    • Corrected object identifier (OID) values in external V2 and V3 CodeSystem resources to ensure these OID values rendered correctly in UTG
    • Added history Bundle resource in input/sourceOfTruth/history/history.xml containing Provenance resources of all V2, V3, FHIR and Unified ValueSet and CodeSystem resources

    • Fixed URL for ICD external resources
  • IG Template
    • Additional text edits
      • Downloads page 
      • Fixed external CodeSystem text blocks

4/27/20-5/1/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
  •  Content 
    • Imported 'Committee' for FHIR resources
    • Updated deprecated codes in V3 CodeSystem resources

      • Added or updated status and deprecationDate properties in V3 CodeSystem resources where required
    • Removed "v3-" id and url elements for all external v3 CodeSystem resources and URLs in associated external v3 NamingSsytem resources
    • Updated external-Rendering.xml control manifest with updated external v3 CodeSystem URLs

    • Updated ext-ADA-voc.xml, ext-CDC-voc.xml, ext-ISO-voc.xml, ext-NLM-voc.xml and ext-Unclassified-voc.xml to update and correct external v3 CodeSystem URLs

    • Fixed system references to external stubs
    • Tested the addition of history that is being added prior to the release
  • IG Template
    • Improved text on some of the Code System tabs
    • Added Background page to store information
  • UTG Workflow
    • People have started to use the Jira workflow to log open issues!

4/20/20-4/24/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
  •  Content
    • Resolved ALL errors in UTG build (iterative process with Ted, Grahame, Lloyd, Reuben)
      • Added new external v3 Code System resources which have been generated from associated v3 Naming System resources
      • Updated external v3 Code System resources

        • Removed "External_Body_" from name element and removed "extTmp" from URLs and added a publisher element

        • Synchronized URL values between external v3 CodeSystem resources and their associated NamingSystem resources

        • Removed period (.) from URLs in external v3 DEEDS Code Sytem NamingSystem and CodeSystem resources

      • Removed invalid "body site' external v3 NamingSystem and CodeSystem resources
      • Resolved issues with the External Code Systems that were causing conflicts
      • Edited System URLs for coding systems in external v2 and v3 Code System and Naming System resources so that they are consistent

      • Removed erroneous “http://hl7.org/fhir/NamingSystem/ca-hc-din” URL and NamingSystem from external-Rendering.xml

      • Corrected CodeSystem URLs in external-Rendering.xml

      • Added external v3 code system URLs to utg.xml as special-url values

      • Fixed incorrect URL for Provider Taxonomy on all the dependent Value Sets
      • Added missing code 'att' for Attachments
      • Added a missing description element to a FHIR ValueSet to ensure conformance with a profile

      • Fixed various V2 source issues 
        • Table 5
        • Table 203
        • Table 725
      • Fixed remaining issues with ISO 3166
        • Two URLs changed
      • Removed HCPCS and the four NUBC Code Systems from external per HTA decision
      • Added the entry for table 396 to the v2 code system manifest
      • Fixed issue where no expansions were available for several Value Sets due to an incorrect reference
      • Updated R2.0 CDA Domains (Add them as Synonyms)
        • One update remaining
  • IG Publisher
    • Fixed Issue with Value Set Expansion using Is-A as Filter
    • Allowed Expansion of Value Set Fragments
    • Added Warning when Expansion is Based on Value Set Fragment
    • Added integration of Core MIF Generation to UTG Build
  • UTG Workflow
    • Created the Workflow for when Content Issue is Identified but No Proposal for Change

4/13/20-4/17/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
  •  Content
    • All pre-last import tasks are DONE, remaining focus in on manual fixes to remove the remainder of build errors 
    • Manually fixed many content errors that were causing build errors
    • Manually fixed names for FHIR content
    • Re-organized the FHIR tree and added Value Sets
    • Fixed incorrect 'all codes' Value Sets
    • Fixed bad references in UTG
    • Fixed some of the Concept Domain issues
    • Removed unlicensed external V2 content per policy decision by HTA
    • Changed Code System canonical URL for ISO 3166 country codes

4/6/20-4/10/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
  •  Content
    • Added extensions
    • Added properties
      • v2-version-tbt-introduced
      • v2-version-csvs-introduced
    • Set property values for v2-version-tbt-introduced and v2-version-csvs-introduced
    • Fixed Concept Domains URI
    • Removed remaining openIssue and deprecationInfo extensions
    • Changed Naming System version to new extension
    • Fixed V2 and V3 Value Set name to be a proper classname
    • Adjusted XML parser to write URL element of NamingSystem
    • Fixed URL assigned to NamingSystem in constructor from CodeSystem
      • Removed URL tag from XMLParser output
      • Mad URL an extension of NamingSystem
      • Fixed URL of v2-tables
  • IG Publisher
    • Allowed associated concept properties on Value Sets
    • Allowed generation of alternate version packages

3/30/20-4/3/20

General status and progress updates: 

3/23/20-3/27/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
  • IG Publisher
    • Added MIF generation to build 
  •  Content
    • Set Effective Dates for Context Bindings to January 1, 2020
    • Fixed incorrect property codes (vsuri fixed to v2-vs-uri)
    • Defined and imported values for the following properties
      • Rim-ClassifiesClassCode
      • ComponentOf
      • MayBeQualifiedBy
      • OwningSubSection
      • OwningSection
      • OwningAffiliate
      • SmallerThan
    • Added Usage Notes for V2 and V3 content
    • Fixed issue causing 'cld' values to be assigned a value of 1 by default when no associated Value Set exist for the Concept Domain
    • Fixed Concept Domain Binding Strengths not coming through
    • Removed resource-history extension
    • Set all Naming System versions to 2.0.0
    • Imported values for the six new extensions
      • ext-mif-relationship-relationshipKind
      • ext-mif-relationship-inverseName
      • ext-mif-relationship-isNavigable
      • ext-mif-relationship-symmetry
      • ext-mif-relationship-reflexivity
      • ext-mif-relationship-transitivity

3/16/20-3/20/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
    • Testing report compiled and posted: see bottom of Participating in UTG Content Testing
      • Summarizes testing approach, requirements, and results (issues found) 
      • All issues have been reviewed, prioritized, and added to the plan
      • Critical issues to be fixed before publishing Release 1 on April 1 (need to confirm date with Grahame)
    • Set up Vocab and CQI co-chairs with UTG reviewer permissions (and Vocab OSG voter status for Vocab Co-chairs)
  •  Content
    • Added three required extensions
    • Updated CDA Value Sets
  • Workflow
    • Josh is in the process of creating a way to store "Open Issues" in our UTG Jira project
    • Also providing a way to bypass Consensus Review for certain proposal types

3/9/20-3/13/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
    • Content Testing is complete (huge thanks to those who volunteered!)
      • Testers reviewed a handful of assigned vocabulary objects from different HL7 product families for accuracy, completeness and usefulness 
      • Issues are being reviewed, prioritized and added to the plan
  •  Content
    • Created and cleaned up several Concept Property definitions
    • Removed unused extensions
    • Populated several Concept Properties based on Google Extension doc
    • Imported 'vsuri' properties for V2 Tables
    • Removed 'generate' property

3/2/20-3/6/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
    • Held several calls with content testing group members to give overview of test objectives, materials, etc. 
      • The majority of testers will focus on QA on a handful of resources in the product family they are most familiar with
      • Reuben will focus on more programmatic QA for completeness 
  •  Content
    • Fixed issue with V3 ValueSet version not being set to 2.0.0
    • Changed source of V2 ValueSet name to VS Object Symbolic Name
    • Create new UTG properties Code System for UTG. Add new common properties to the existing FHIR properties 
      • This Code System lives in unified
      • URIs for the properties were adjusted accordingly so that the properties are rendered
    • Added ConceptDomain property attributes from utg-concept-properties
      • This allows the ConceptDomain properties to be rendered

2/24/20-2/28/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
    • Met with Reuben Daniels on 2/5 to on-board him for content testing
    • Held session on 2/27 to walk Mac users (Rob McClure, Rob Hausam, Sheila Abner, and Reuben Daniels) through UTG process including tooling install
    • Reached out to content testing participants with more information about the content testing process
      • A call is being scheduled for next week to walk testers through the process and testing materials
    • Updated Participating in UTG Content Testing page with more information about the content test cycle
      • Testing is scheduled to begin around 3/9 and run for five days
      • Cleanup from testing will occur in Mid-March and initial UTG content will be published by the end of March
  •  Content
    • Created UTG Concept Properties Code System in 'unified'
      • Added new Code System to rendering manifest
    • Identified approach and solution for adding extensions
    • Resolved issue with V2 Value Set information being pulled from Code System information
      • Title now pulled from 'VS Symbolic Name' in HL7objects table
      • Description now pulled from 'VS Description' in HL7objects table
    • Resolved issue with V2 tables with ID greater than 4000 being incorrectly imported
    • Updated FHIR resources in UTG

2/17/20-2/21/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Content
    • Received list of CDA Value Sets that needs to be implemented for UTG
  • Jira Workflow
    • Cleanup from Syndey/TSC demo
      • Removed Proposal Implementation Status field
      • Limited 'Assignee' field to those with Submitter roles
      • Added 'Intro to Vocabulary' message on clicking Proposal Draft
        • This points to documentation for installing tooling
      • Removed 'Full Name' field
      • Added 'Sponsor Approval Date' as a blocker
      • Fixed issue with generation of links including special characters
      • Removed 'Comment' button from top of proposal (redundant)
      • Removed proposal ID field (redundant with the Jira ID)
      • Added new field for 'Change Objects' to identify vocab objects related to the proposal
    • All fixes above have been verified

2/10/20-2/14/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
    • Created list of critical dependencies for content testing: Critical UTG Content Tasks
    • Created content test scripts 
      • Need to be reviewed with Ted
    • Began updates to tooling documentation 
      • Several instructions have changed since the move from Jira prod to Jira dev
      • The documentation needs to be 100% complete for the March Pilot
  • Content
    • Identified issue with V2 Value Set information being pulled from Code Systems
    • Identified issue with V2 tables with ID over 4000 being incorrectly imported
    • These issues are being addressed

2/3/20-2/7/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
    • Held demo during lunch slot at Sydney on 2/5
      • Slides available at UTG Sydney Demo.PPTX
      • Presentation was also recorded but is too large for Confluence (working to split it up) 
    • Created page for Participating in UTG Pilot Testing
      • Page being updated with testing objectives, instructions, etc.
      • Testers who have volunteered are listed
    • Created page for Participating in UTG Content Testing
      • Page being updated with testing objectives, instructions, etc.
      • Testers who have volunteered are listed
    • Added tasks to UTG Project plan that came out of Syndey meeting

1/27/20-1/31/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Project Management
    • Created list of Tasks Required for UTG Go Live
    • Planned UTG Demo for Sydney
      • Status updates
      • Tasks remaining before Go Live
      • Demonstration of newly added functionality
  • UTG Content
    • Updated Source of Truth content
    • Fixed issue with effectiveDate values appearing as '--'
    • Added 'applies to' information in Google Doc for extensions
      • Grahame requires the info to define the extensions
  • UTG Workflow
    • Disabled submitters and approvers from editing voting fields
    • Removed 'Proposal Implementation' field
    • Removed 'Proposal ID' field

Immediate Priorities:

  • Finish classifying UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Address missing code properties on IG Publisher
  • Continue to create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Implement publishing

1/20/20-1/24/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • Held TSC demo on 1/20
    • Future harmonization cycles not possible using existing harmonization tooling
    • First harmonization cycle using UTG will act as proof of concept
      1. Workshop will be REQUIRED for participants
      2. This cycle should be limited to priority items
      3. UTG team will support submitters through the process
  • UTG Content
    • Added initial FHIR CodeSystem versions
    • Added missing text blobs to v2 content
      • Comments
      • Comments (as published)
      • Usage Notes
  • UTG Tooling
    • Added ability to create/edit NamingSystems in UTG Editor
    • Updated Editor to address OSX and 64-bit issues (needs to be verified by Mac user)

Immediate Priorities:

  • Finish classifying UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Address missing code properties on IG Publisher
  • Continue to create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Implement publishing

1/13/20-1/17/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • TSC demo planning for 1/20
    • Completed demo plan and had run-through of demo
    • Topics to include
      • Project management overview
      • UTG rendered content
      • Submitting a proposal
      • Consensus review
      • Implementation of changes
      • Versioning and publishing

Immediate Priorities:

  • Finish classifying UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Address missing code properties on IG Publisher
  • Continue to create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing

1/6/20-1/10/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • UTG Content
    • Fixed naming system creation from code system to check for presence of url
    • Removed uniqueId-url elements for two FDA code systems that do not have urls
  • UTG Versioning
    • Set initial versions for v2 and v3 code systems, value sets, and naming systems
  • UTG Publishing
  • Demonstration planning
    • Created demo outline for the TSC demo on 1/20
    • Topics to include
      • Project management overview
      • UTG rendered content
      • Submitting a proposal
      • Consensus review
      • Implementation of changes
      • Versioning and publishing

Immediate Priorities:

  • Finish classifying UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Address missing code properties on IG Publisher
  • Continue to create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration
  • Plan ONC demo

12/30/19-1/3/20

General status and progress updates: 

  • UTG Versioning
    • Determined path forward for setting initial versions for each resource
    • The requirements for the initial versions are being documented and will be implemented in the source of truth content next week
  • UTG Workflow
    • Discussed next steps required to implement publishing
    • Completed a number of items reported during Alpha testing
      • Fixed proposal creation date which was previously incorrect
      • The Assignee is automatically assigned to the Submitter
      • Added comment threading allowing increased organization of comments
      • Added information on which voting requirements have not been met
      • Hid Developers section after proposal enters Consensus Review

Immediate Priorities:

  • Finish classifying UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Address missing code properties on IG Publisher
  • Continue to create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration
  • Plan TSC and ONC demos

12/23/19-12/27/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • UTG Content
    • Resource generation now includes new property URIs
    • Code System hierarchy-meaning set to "IS-A"
  • UTG Versioning
    • Continued discussion on setting initial UTG versions for objects with existing versions on UTG Call on 12/24, see 2019-12-24 UTG Call Agenda and Minutes
    • Additional discussions to occur first thing in the new year to come to a consensus

Immediate Priorities:

  • Finish classifying UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Address missing code properties on IG Publisher
  • Continue to create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration
  • Plan TSC and ONC demos

12/16/19-12/20/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • IG Publisher
    • Polyhierarchy has been implemented in the IG Publisher
    • Title is now displayed correctly
  • UTG Versioning
    • Developed a program to scan CDA, V2, and V3 code systems, and extract a list of property codes used in each category
      • This information was required for the UTG Versioning specification
    • Began implementation of UTG versioning on current resources

Immediate Priorities:

  • Finish classifying UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Continue to create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration
  • Plan TSC and ONC demos

12/9/19-12/13/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • IG Publisher
    • IG Publisher up and running with latest template
    • This required restructuring of the Source of Truth and other cleanup to get up and running
    • Fixed issue with <href> links pointing to FHIR R4 content and not UTG content
  • UTG Workflow
    • Fixed sync issues between GitHub and BitBucket

Immediate Priorities:

  • Follow up with Grahame on multiple hierarchy representation in IG publisher and missing code properties
  • Finish classifying UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

12/2/19-12/6/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • UTG Project Management
    • Held task review to look at open tasks and determine what is essential for go-live
  • UTG Tooling
    • Discussed open tooling issues with Grahame
    • Carol suggests that we document that Vocab WG recommends that we do it this way (UTG does the recommended practice) and ask Grahame to implement in some way (inline IGPublisher, or a preprocess transform in the pipeline in front of the launch of the ciBuild   
    • This is to be communicated to Grahame immediately and if it is a nonstarter the it will be revisited and the final decision will be made on next Tuesday's UTG call
  • IG Publisher
    • Lloyd is updating the IG publisher to the latest template
    • This will require some organization of the content so changes to the folder structure of the UTG content are expected

Immediate Priorities:

  • Update IG Publisher template
  • Follow up with Grahame on multiple hierarchy representation in IG publisher and missing code properties
  • Finish classifying UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

11/25/19-11/29/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • UTG content
    • Reorganized CDA content based on feedback from CDA management group
  • UTG versioning
    • Continued discussion on classifying UTG versioning changes during UTG call on 11/26
    • A list of properties and metadata tags are being compiled to determine the type of change (major, minor, technical correction) to be made with property/metadata changes 

Immediate Priorities:

  • Update IG Publisher template
  • Follow up with Grahame on multiple hierarchy representation in IG publisher and missing code properties
  • Finish classifying UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

11/18/19-11/22/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • IG Publisher
    • Completed Code System tabs on https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/UTG/codesystems-fhir.html
      • Now includes CDA and FHIR
    • Multiple hierarchy issue
      • Documented requirements for fixing multiple hierarchy representation issues
      • Level of efforts is 1-2 days
      • This work is on hold until Rob H has a change to discuss with Grahame at Dev Days

Immediate Priorities:

  • Classify UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Reorganize CDA content
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

11/11/19-11/15/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • UTG content
    • Provided requirements on CDA content cleanup to Dave 
    • Following CDA cleanup, we will move forward with manual maintenance on CDA content for future changes
    • CDA Concepts Domains to be fixed by the end of the year
  • IG Publisher
    • Identified issue with representing polyhierarchy concepts in UTG
    • More investigation is required

Immediate Priorities:

  • Classify UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Reorganize CDA content
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

11/4/19-11/8/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Slow week as many were travelling
  • UTG Workflow
    • Tested branch creation and rendering - issue was found pushing the branch to BitBucket
      • Issue should now be fixed, although requires resolving issue with builder to test 
    • Discussed next steps on some Workflow tasks that came out of alpha testing

Immediate Priorities:

  • Classify UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Reorganize CDA content
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

10/28/19-11/1/19

General status and progress updates: 

Immediate Priorities:

  • Classify UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Reorganize CDA content
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

10/21/19-10/25/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Three calls were held to discuss initial thoughts on versioning of vocabulary objects in UTG (10/18, 10/22, 10/23)
    • Discussion was documented on UTG Versioning Planning and Discussions page 
    • The proposal was discussed at the Main Vocab WG call on 10/24
    • The Vocab group endorsed the UTG versioning approach as currently specified and the plan move swiftly to detail what constitutes major, minor and technical correction changes for each resource type
    • Additional discussion regarding UTG versioning on the Vocab call can be viewed here: 2019-10-21 Vocab WG Call Agenda/Minutes
  • UTG content
    • Cleaned up additional external content
  • IG Publisher
  • Proposal JIRA Workflow
    • Added ability to render a branch in the IG Publisher
    • Upon entering Consensus review, a link is created systematically as part of the JIRA workflow
    • This functionality requires additional testing

Immediate Priorities:

  • Reorganize CDA content
  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

10/14/19-10/18/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • A call was held on 10/18 to draft initial thoughts on versioning of vocabulary objects in UTG
    • Discussion was documented on UTG Versioning Planning and Discussions page 
    • Doodle poll has been sent to required participants to schedule a follow-up call to include participants who were not able to meet on 10/18
    • The goal is to have a proposal for CS and VS versioning to discuss at the next Main Vocab WG call on 10/24
  • UTG content
    • Cleaned up external content 
  • IG Publisher

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

10/7/19-10/11/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • A call is being scheduled to discuss options for versioning Vocabulary Objects in UTG next week
    • Doodle poll has been sent to required participants
    • The goal is to have a proposal for CS and VS versioning to discuss at the next Main Vocab WG call on 10/24
  • Held complete review of UTG Project Plan and tasks

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

9/30/19-10/4/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Final architecture is now in place with the new publishing mechanisms (see below).  But needs to be fully documented.
    • All UTG page generation is done first to build.fhir.org like any other IG
    • Scripts are run to create a 'release'
    • The links at terminology.hl7.org for CURRENT must be updated to put to the build, which will now always be on build.fhir.org
    • All releases will be on terminology.hl7.org servers (Amazon web services)
    • Branch rendering is automatic, and thus there will likely be much less development effort than we feared

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
    • Versioning to be discussed over the next couple of months with the main Vocabulary WG and possibly the FHIR Tracker WG
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

9/23/19-9/27/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Reviewed meeting notes from Atlanta WGM
    • Created list of tasks to be added to project plan
    • All tasks to be reviewed, prioritized and added to the plan when Ted returns from ISO
  • Continued to investigate level of effort required for proposed architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
    • Workflow diagram showing architectural changes: flow_ver8p0.png

Immediate Priorities:

  • Obtain level of effort for proposed architectural changes
  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
    • Versioning to be discussed over the next couple of months with the main Vocabulary WG and possibly the FHIR Tracker WG

9/16/19-9/20/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Held UTG Project Update and Demonstration at Atlanta WGM during the 9/17 lunch slot, topics included:
    • Project Overview
    • Review of updated architecture
    • UTG Project Information and where to find it
    • Progress made since May WGM
    • Summary of UTG Alpha Test
    • Review of project timelines
    • Demonstration of IG Publisher rendered pages on terminology.hl7.org and the consensus review workflow
  • UTG content
    • Separated rendering and publishing manifest to drive different outputs
  • IG Publisher
    • Updated IG Publisher for UTG
    • Generated full HL7 UTG content and product line-specific manifest-driven subsets
    • Updated browsable content
    • Deployed to terminology.hl7.org
  • Continued to investigate level of effort required for proposed architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
    • Workflow diagram showing architectural changes: flow_ver8p0.png

Immediate Priorities:

  • Obtain level of effort for proposed architectural changes
  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
    • Versioning to be discussed over the next couple of months with the main Vocabulary WG and possibly the FHIR Tracker WG

9/9/19-9/13/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Prepared for UTG demonstration at Atlanta WGM
    • Created slide deck
      • Overview
      • Progress since last WGM
      • Timeline
      • Demonstration
    • Planned demo
      • Updated architecture diagram
      • Voting
      • Notifications
  • IG Publisher
    • Migrated pages to terminology.hl7.org
    • Added verbiage to home page
    • Added and populated tabs for all remaining CS/VS content except external
  • Continued to investigate level of effort required for proposed architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
    • Workflow diagram showing architectural changes: flow_ver8p0.png

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Continue architecture discussions
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages

9/3/19-9/6/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Continued to investigate level of effort required for proposed architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
    • Workflow diagram showing architectural changes: flow_ver8p0.png
  • Completed a number of fixes for the UTG Editor
    • Fixed error on Filters tab 
    • Updated calendar pick date in Metadata section
    • Fixed issue with 'Update from Concepts' in Metadata section
    • Fixed error when adding Contributor
    • Removed Editorial History section for Concepts
  • IG Publisher
    • Completed set up development environment required for implementing IG publisher
    • Continued to populate tabs and content

Immediate Priorities:

  • Plan demo for Atlanta WGM
  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Continue architecture discussions
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages

8/26/19-8/30/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Continued to discuss and design architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
    • Completed workflow diagram to show architectural changes: flow_ver8p0.png
  • Completed UTG Alpha testing 
  • Submitter workflow
    • Resolved issue where submitter could not abandon a proposal
  • Reviewer workflow
    • Resolved issue with too many notifications
  • UTG Editor
    • Sent list of bugs to Grahame and most have been fixed but will require testing when new package is available
  • Began to set up development environment required for implementing IG publisher

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Continue architecture discussions
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages

8/19/19-8/23/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Continued to discuss and design architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
  • Started Reviewer Alpha testing 
    • Testing has been extended to Tuesday 8/27 as some testers were travelling this week
    • About half of the volunteers have completed testing
  • Reviewer workflow
    • Implemented notifications in Jira
    • Notifications active within Jira and via email if watching issue or tagged in a comment
    • Implemented proposal expiry
    • Fixed issue allowing users to vote multiple times
  • IG Publisher
    • Rendered content working again
  • Content
    • Updated v2 content from harmonization

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Continue architecture discussions
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram to reflect architecture changes
  • Complete testing report following completion of Alpha Testing

8/12/19-8/16/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Alpha testing 
    • The submitter group completed official testing the proposal submission workflow (including install of tooling)
      • Some results are still trickling in
    • Planned for reviewer group testing
      • Held training session with reviewer group
      • Reviewed and updated test scenarios
      • Testing to occur through next week
  • UTG Content
    • Updated uris from Canada

Immediate Priorities:

  • Discuss feasibility of using BitBucket
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram

8/5/19-8/9/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Alpha testing (scheduled through 8/9)
    • The submitter group is currently testing the proposal submission workflow (including install of tooling)
    • PM continues to respond to questions and issues found during testing, including scheduling meetings to review
    • Began planning for reviewer alpha testing
      • Reached out for additional testers
      • Reviewed and updated test scripts
      • Defined plan for covering all voting scenarios
  • UTG Content
    • Naming System resources added to UTG

Immediate Priorities:

  • Meet with Grahame about open tasks
  • Reviewer alpha testing
    • Hold meeting to go over testing with reviewer group
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram

7/29/19-8/2/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Alpha testing (scheduled through 8/9)
    • The submitter group is currently testing the proposal submission workflow (including install of tooling)
    • PM is responding to questions and issues found during testing
  • UTG Content
    • Work is in progress to add Naming System resources to UTG

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue to support summer alpha testing
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram

7/22/19-7/26/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Alpha test prep
    • Held two meetings to walk submitter group through process for alpha testing
      • Submitters have Jira logins and understand the process for setting up tools, where to find the documentation, have test scripts, etc.
      • Identified issues installing Sourcetree, that has been sorted out and documented
  • JIRA Workflow
    • Improved administrative workflow steps
    • Worked through configuration issues 

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue prep for summer alpha testing
    • Testing to begin after harmonization
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram

Risks:

  • IG Publisher is dependent on Grahame who is away through the end of July

7/15/19-7/19/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Alpha test prep
    • Documentation efforts in progress 
      • Submitter and reviewer documentation complete
    • Test scripts complete 
    • A meeting has been scheduled for 7/22 to walk submitter group through the testing process
  • Updated reviewer submitter and reviewer workflow processes to align with Github integration

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue prep for summer alpha testing
    • Setup testers in JIRA
    • Work with testing group to ensure they have good understanding of testing process / goals
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram

Risks:

  • IG Publisher is dependent on Grahame who is away through the end of July

7/8/19-7/12/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Held UTG Project Review with HL7
    • Reviewed timelines, open tasks, risks, etc. 
    • German translation and CDA content work ON HOLD
  • All hands on deck to prepare for summer alpha testing that will follow Harmonization in late July
    • Documentation efforts in progress   
    • Riki Merrick, Sheila Abner, Kathleen Connor, Rob Hausam, Joel Francis, and Michael Stevens have agreed to test
  • Continued testing of Github/BitBucket integration
  • Documented new proposal submission workflow process (to be available on Confluence shortly)

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue prep for summer alpha testing
    • Setup testers in JIRA
    • Ensure documentation is complete (many updates required with decision to use GitHub with workflow)
    • Complete testing scripts
  • Complete and test GitHub integration with JIRA via BitBucket
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages

Risks:

  • IG Publisher is dependent on Grahame who is away through the end of July

7/1/19-7/5/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Tested core MIF generation
    • No new issues detected, corrected issues being verified
    • The MIF is valid and loads into RoseTree
  • All hands on deck to prepare for summer alpha testing that will follow Harmonization in late July
    • Documentation efforts in progress   
    • Riki Merrick, Sheila Abner, Kathleen Connor, Rob Hausam, and Joel Francis have agreed to test
  • It was decided that the submission workflow should integrate with GitHub 
    • The team will be touching base early next week to continue initial testing efforts
  • The CDA/Trifolia content provided by the CDA Management Group is still not clean
    • Ted is going through the content by hand and determining what is valid/not valid and will return the information to the CDA Management Group

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue prep for summer alpha testing
    • Setup testers in JIRA
    • Ensure documentation is complete (many updates required with decision to use GitHub with workflow)
    • Complete testing scripts
  • Complete and test GitHub integration with JIRA via BitBucket
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update manifests and document purpose of each manifest
  • Update CDA/Trifolia content based on newly acquired list

Risks:

  • IG Publisher is dependent on Grahame who is away through the end of July

6/24/19-6/28/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • All hands on deck to prepare for summer alpha testing that will follow Harmonization in late July
    • Riki Merrick, Sheila Abner, Kathleen Connor, Rob Hausam, and Joel Francis have agreed to test
  • It was decided that the submission workflow should integrate with GitHub 
    • This will ensure submitters can edit the same content and GitHub will manage changes/conflicts
    • Reviewers will not be required to download tooling to view submitted changes
    • A separate GitHub repository will be created for submitters
    • Josh has already implemented BitBucked to integrate JIRA with GitHub - testing to occur late this week
  • A list of CDA/Trifolia content has been provided for use with UTG

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue prep for summer alpha testing
    • Setup testers in JIRA
    • Ensure documentation is complete (many updates required with decision to use GitHub with workflow)
    • Complete testing scripts
  • Complete and test GitHub integration with JIRA via BitBucket
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update manifests and document purpose of each manifest
  • Test coremif generation (for content verification)
  • Update CDA/Trifolia content based on newly acquired list

Risks:

  • IG Publisher is dependent on Grahame who is away through the end of July


  • No labels