Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-06-22
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony Julian
Jean Duteau

xWayne KubickRegretsLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersRegretsPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielRegretsSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClure
Riki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote



xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote













Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-06-15 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6-0-0:
    1. Project Approval Request by the FM WG of the Administrative SD for Accounts, Payments and Statements at Project Insight 1613
    2. STU Extension Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide:
      Lab Results Interface (LRI) Release 1, STU Release 3 - US Realm at Project Insight 1294 for 2 years
    3. STU Extension Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: Laboratory Orders from EHR (LOI), Release 1, STU Release 3, US Realm at Project Insight 922 for 2 years
    4. STU Extension Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: S&I Framework Laboratory Test Compendium Framework (eDOS) Release 2, STU Release 3 (US Realm) at Project Insight 973 for 2 years
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for Outcome Criteria Framework Implementation Guide at Project Insight TBD
    2. Project Approval Request by the Structured Docs WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Implementation Guide(s) for CDA® Release 2 & FHIR® Release 4: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports at Project Insight 1192
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. July Retreat Planning/September Planning
  6. Parking Lot
    1. Diversity/inclusion
    2. How to manage all specifications that are dependent upon C-CDA moving forward
    3. Coordination efforts with external terminology organizations
    4. Revisiting HL7 architectures and the role of ARB 
    5. Task force reports
    6. Time zones and virtual meetings
    7. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    8. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    9. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    10. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    11. JIRA balloting and Best practices for ballot review in large organizations

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-06-15 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Minutes accepted via general consent
  2. Discussion topics:
    1. July Retreat Planning/September Planning
      1. Reviewed potential topics.
      2. Will likely need to discuss what comes out of the board and advisory committee on reimagining HL7 after COVID
      3. Walter: Need to figure out what processes, focus and principles we can change to promote sustainability
      4. Virginia: HL7 leaves out stakeholders who can't pay to participate or who can't travel. We also need to have conversation about the diversity issues we have in HL7. (Added topic to parking lot)
      5. Rob: A lot of what we're facing in terms of change has to be directly related to revenue. In terms of TSC input to the board, we need information regarding revenue so we can formulate good advice.
      6. Walter: We have thousands of people affected by HL7 but maybe only 400 engaged in the work. 
      7. Melva: You almost have to blow up the organization as it exists today and reinvent it. When we talk about making changes to become truly global, people balk because the majority of participants are from the US. People are so invested in how things are today. 
      8. Virginia: We have a real opportunity because of the pandemic and unrest - everything is already changing in our lives.
      9. Melva: We have a bunch of things on the parking lot that are big topics. We need to deal with those too. Austin states we'll have to work through those in September.
      10. Rob: The time zone problem is one that we need to work on. Have any other organizations figured this out? Wayne said they discussed at ISO, and SNOMED may have a strategy. Giorgio reports that they are discussing at international council. ISO is repeating sessions in different time slots  - but there is no perfect solution. Wayne: We have relied too much on teleconferences and WGMs. We should look at what FHIR does with Zulip and its ability to be a broader communication tool.
  3. Adjourned at 11:47 am Eastern