Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees Present

Chair:  Lorraine Constable
Scribe: Anne Wizauer


Name
x

Calvin Beebe


Chris Chute
xLorraine Constable
Regrets

Tony Julian

xPaul Knapp
xAustin Kreisler
xWayne Kubick
xThom Kuhn
xRik Smithies
xSandy Stuart


  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes of 2020-05-27 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. UTG governance, continued
    2. Adjustments to Standards Lifecycles - Draft 
    3. Final review of Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards
  5. Parking Lot
    1. Create a plan for BAM guidance on process for product adoption/how are new products introduced
      1. How do we implement the BAM? SAIF
    2. Ownership of content/precept on coordination with domain committees 
      1. Issue is around products crossing multiple product families - who owns those?
        1. Draft Precept: The family of the wire format is the responsible family, and the management group of that family would manage it.
      2. Management group vitality assessment precept
    3. Communicating and enforcing precepts
    4. Need to take the old STU guidance document and turn it into precepts.
    5. Definition of specification - from 2019-04-24 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    6. Large group engagement for standards development

      1. risks/precepts

    7. Precept on mapping coordination - mappings should be a component of cross-family projects. How to represent mapping in a standardized way? 
    8. Precepts We Need to Develop - prioritize/analyze risk
    9. Ballot vs. non-ballot feedback - check on JIRA balloting alignment with policies

Minutes 

  1. Agenda review
    1. Reviewed/accepted
  2. Approve Minutes of 2020-05-27 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    1. Accepted via general consent
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. UTG governance, continued
      1. Paul: Do we think that opening this up to wider voting will give us more balance and harmony? Or will the super users provide the balance? Or do we think that there should be a veto ability or the ability to jam it from going forward?
      2. Wayne: There should be an appeal process rather than a veto. Lorraine: There could be both. Paul: An appeal would go to the TSC
      3. Continued work on draft precepts
      4. Decision to see how things go before we determine if a veto process is needed, given that we have the weighted voters and an appeal process
  5. Carry forward
    1. Adjustments to Standards Lifecycles - Draft 
    2. Final review of Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards
  6. Adjourned at 11:00 am Eastern

OPEN ACTION ITEMS:


DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Anne Wizauer Precepts on balloting, documentation, GOM materials and multiple level ballots - pull over to confluence and put under balloting category
Anne Wizauer2020-09-16 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • Paul Knapp to invite Melva/Lloyd to upcoming call to discuss JIRA balloting
Paul Knapp2020-09-09 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • Lorraine Constableto forward JIRA balloting documentation links to the SGB list for review in advance of 9/9 call
Lorraine Constable2020-09-02 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • Paul Knapp to send documentation to the cochairs of HTA and Vocabulary noting that we've drafted precepts on external terminologies and highlight questions on their currency document.
Paul Knapp2019-11-06 SGB Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Austin Kreisler2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Lorraine Constable2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Paul Knapp will work on a grid with types of change/degree of review
Paul Knapp2019-05-22 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Need to create precepts on stable identifiers for value sets, concept maps, and code systems
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • ACTION: Review proposed updates to the GOM, then determine how/where to represent SGB
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • Add Calvin's document on continuous maintenance and the decision to the SGB site.

2018-11-14 SGB Agenda/Minutes