Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Weekly SDPi+FHIR web meetings are recorded below, including participants, high-level issues discussed, links to related Confluence & Jira items, etc.   


Note that the topics of these discussions cover all of the SDPi+FHIR project space.  Details of topics discussed should be primarily integrated in those places (e.g., Quiet Hospital Narratives pages) with linkages included here.


 Gemini SDPi+FHIR Meetings

NOTE:  Order newest & future-est to oldest.

.

Note:  Regularly scheduled meetings the week of September 21 are canceled in lieu of the Joint HL7 / IEEE / IHE WGM that week.

 2020-09-18 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General Updates
  2. SDPi Supplement Review
  3. HL7/IHE/IEEE Meeting Prep
  4. Other Topics

Participants

Todd Cooper  Kenneth Fuchs John J. Garguilo  Peter Kranich David Gregorczyk

Koi Matsumoto 

Discussion Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. IEEE IP / Copyright Discussion - meeting set up to determine how to reference / include content from the SDC standards 
    2. Today will circulate to the IHE DEV DPI Program list an initial draft of an IHE Brief Profile Proposal for a "MDIRA" profile to be discussed next week 
  2. SDPi Supplement Review
    1. Incremental update review for this week, including:
      1. Additional descriptive detail for the SDPi-R -A -xC diagrams reviewed at last Friday's SDPi call (w/ minor corrections
      2. Updated SES MDI Overview & Framework slide deck with potential future profiles identified
  3. HL7/IHE/IEEE Meeting Prep
    1. Reviewed meeting agenda and required preparation for next week ...
    2. See updates on agenda page ... 
  4. Other Topics
    1. No additional topics

Action Items / Tasks

No additional tasks identified.


 2020-09-15 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General Updates
  2. Quiet Hospital Discussion
  3. Joint WGM Meeting Discussion
  4. SDPi Supplement Discussion
  5. Open Topics

Participants

Todd Cooper Monroe Pattillo David Gregorczyk Kenneth Fuchs Christophe Fournier

Discussion Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. Tuesday QH - will be a single hour and the 2nd hour repurposed for IEEE 11073 SDC standards sub work group
      1. Starting September 29th QH will be a single hour and the second hour (different WebEx coordinates) will be an IEEE 11073 standards meeting
      2. To be added to that group, contact Kenneth Fuchs, IEEE 11073 Standards Committee Chair
      3. Discussion topics for the IEEE 11073 SDC Sub working group will include the 11073-1070x PKP draft standards + resolving "tickets" for those and published SDC standards + the 11073-1072x "ModSpec" device specialization standards + soon-to-be-proposed IEEE 11073 PARs for published standards for corrigenda and / or amendment updates.  Way too much fun to be had!
    2. IEEE 11073-10700 BPKP pre-ballot review continues ... 
      1. The IEEE 11073-10700 SDC Base Participant Key Purposes (BPKP) draft standard is out for pre-ballot review
      2. Note that this standard provides SES requirements for the SDPi-P profile ... so is highly relevant! 
      3. Note (to QH participants) that the forthcoming 11073-10702 Alerting PKP standard will be directly related to requirements of particular interest to this group
      4. To participate in this review, send a request to David Gregorczyk or Kenneth Fuchs
  2. Quiet Hospital
    1. Review updates to QH Confluence page 
      1. Updates over the last week to the Quiet Hospital Confluence pages 
      2. Updates included ...
        1. Article link(s) added to the "Problem Statement: Alert Fatigue" section
        2. Impacts on patient, family etc. integrated
        3. Links to QH Video included
        4. Alerts & Alarms section updated 
        5. ACTION( Rob ) update video link to also include a 2nd link to the HIMSS page
        6. ACTION( Rob / Priyanka / Todd ) Add ECRI links + AAMI likes (from previous alarms summit)
        7. ACTION( Rob / Monroe ) Add ACM alerts diagram to the page as well.
    2. DIS/DAS/CDAS Discussion
      1. Kenneth Fuchs  reviewed the current system description diagram ...
      2. Slide #9 w/ "CDISmp after Accept":  How do you know caregiver is in the room? (should link to other profiles / tech to track individual location)
      3. Peter Kranich One of the use cases in the recent collection included the need for this information to be integrated
  3. Joint WGM Discussion
    1. Brief discussion about the Joint HL7/IEEE/IHE WGM next week - Confluence (Draft) Agenda and HL7 Registration Site
    2. To participate in the web meeting sessions, send Kenneth Fuchs a note 
    3. NO QH Web Discussion Tuesday September 22nd (due to the WGM discussions)
  4. SDPi Supplement Discussion
    1. Cucumber Studio - Todd Coopermentioned that IHE International has an enterprise license for "Cucumber Studio" that also supports Gherkin specifications, which are being considered for use case / scenario analysis and possible integration with test tooling.  The CA & Tooling group will evaluate possible use and report back to this team
    2. Focus of SDPi Supplement drafting continues to be the integration of all of David Gregorczyk SDPi Technical Framework Models into TF-2 Appendix A and integration with actors and transacctions in TF-1 and TF-2.  Target is to have this ready for review Friday morning and report out next week during the WGM.
  5. Other Topics
    1. No other topics mentioned

Action Items / Tasks


 2020.09.11 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General Updates
  2. SDPi Supplement Review
  3. Other Topics

Participants

Todd Cooper Uwe Meyer Peter KranichKenneth Fuchs David Gregorczyk Michael Faughn


Discussion Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. SDPi Supplement - targeting today for actor diagrams (draft) for all profiles
    2. Cucumber / Gherkin and IHE
      1. IHE has an enterprise license for Cucumber (and Gherkin) Studio ...
      2. ACTION ( Todd CooperProvide "Cucumber Studio" (Gherkin tool) info to the CA & Tooling group for potential use by the Gemini SDPi+FHIR project
    3. AAMI Remote Control Consensus Report (CR)
      1. AAMI is developing CR's - rapid guidance information for manufacturers for "emergency use" essential requirements for a given device / application; about 6 in the works
      2. Focus of this RC CR is to support patients on ventilators in isolation rooms, identifying operational requirements supporting safety & essential performance in this scenario.
      3. Participants include individuals from FDA, MDPnP, GE ...
      4. "short fuse" - intent is to be ready to finalize / publish document in a few weeks or months;  potential next use of this document might be an AAMI standard capturing the requirements
      5. NOTE: The contents may be duplicative of work in the emerging IEEE 11073-10703 External Control PKP standard
      6. ACTION( Kenneth Fuchs )  Work with IEEE 11073 SC leadership & AAMI staff around potential duplication with ISO/IEEE projects underway & opportunities for coordinated / collaborative / joint work

  2. SDPi Supplement Review
    1. Reviewed initial draft SDPi actor diagrams and transaction lists for -R, -A & -xC profiles
    2. Reviewed initial diagram mapping out  POSSIBLE future IHE profiles that may be built upon SDPi base
      1. Notes from initial review discussion:
        1. Next Step is to integrate with the SES MDI Framework slide deck + to add slides for each of the six items  w/ basic discussion - explanations 
        2. Consider Reuse of SDPi ACTORS in other profiles with new ROLES
          1. ACTION( Todd Cooper ) Review IHE TF use of ACTOR & ROLES
          2. For example: A CentralStation actor or an SOMDS Participant w/ CS Role?
          3. Heuristics for when to GROUP ACTORS vs. Abstract Actors vs. External Actors
    3. NOTE:  Notes were entered directly on the draft slides along with updated diagrams;  all the content (with notes) will be integrated into today's SDPi Supplement update.
  3. Other Topics
    1. IEEE 11073 BPKP / PoCD WG meeting time
      1. Based on Doodle poll, PROPOSE Tuesday at 1000 Eastern 
      2. 0900-1000 Would be Quiet Hospital as today, but limited to (1) hour 
      3. ACTION( Kenneth Fuchs  & Todd Cooper ) Update WebEx & Calendar for the two meetings;
    2. IEEE / HL7 / IHE DEV WGM Preparation / Agenda Review
      1. See draft working group meeting agenda .
      2. ACTIONKenneth Fuchs  & Todd Cooper) Add Friday Q1 & Q2 session for PKP & ModSpec discussions + WebEx's for each day

Action Items / Tasks

  • Todd Cooper  Provide "Cucumber Studio" (Gherkin tool) info to the CA & Tooling group for potential use by the Gemini SDPi+FHIR project
  • Kenneth Fuchs Work with IEEE 11073 SC leadership & AAMI staff around potential duplication with ISO/IEEE projects underway & opportunities for coordinated / collaborative / joint work
  • Kenneth Fuchs  & Todd Cooper Update WebEx & Calendar for the two meetings; (SDPi/QH & IEEE 11073 PoCD WG)
  • Kenneth Fuchs  & Todd Cooper Add Friday Q1 & Q2 session for PKP & ModSpec discussions + WebEx's for each day
  • Todd Cooper Review IHE TF use of ACTOR & ROLES


 2020.09.08 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General Updates
  2. Quiet Hospital Updates
  3. SDPi Supplement Drafting Review 
  4. Other Topics

Participants

Todd Cooper Kurt Elliason  Christophe Fournier David Gregorczyk Javier Espina John J. Garguilo John Rhoads Kenneth Fuchs Monroe Pattillo Paolo Burchietti Paul Schluter Peter Kranich Priyanka Shah Rob Wilder

Al Engelbert, Anil Kochhar, Jeff Rinda, Peter Verständig, Tom Kowalczyk 

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. WebEx transition from HIMSS.webex.com to ihe.webex.com - meetings have now moved to the IHE WebEx account but calendars may still have the old links and should be updated;  TODAY some dialed into the HIMSS WebEx for this web call ... but soon that service will no longer be operational
      1. ANYONE WHO NEEDS THE NEW WEBEX INFO should ask one of the SDPi+FHIR leadership (i.e., Kenneth FuchsStefan Schlichting John Rhoads ... Todd Cooper)
    2. HL7 / IEEE / IHE Devices virtual Working Group Meetings September 21-24 preparation continues, review the draft agenda + register for the HL7 virtual WGMs 
      1. Let John J. Garguilo or Kenneth Fuchs  know ASAP if there are topics or times that should be adjusted 
    3. WEEKLY MEETING SCHEDULES are being re-evaluated, including the Tuesday two hour SDPi + QH session
      1. For example, the SDPi supplement part of the call may be replaced with a weekly IEEE 11073 PoCD WG call (e.g., to discuss the SDC and related standards under development);
      2. At issue is to utilize better the standing meeting calendar slots that are ALREADY allocated vs. adding yet more calendar meetings to our busy schedules
      3. To be discussed further at the Sept 15th discussion
    4. IEEE 11073-10700 Base Participant Key Purposes (BPKP) draft standard is now out for pre-ballot review;
      1. In the Hanging Gardens Model this is the dark green layer 
      2. Please let David Gregorczyk or Kenneth Fuchs know if you are interested in reviewing / commenting on the document.  
      3. NOTE:  This is a key component in the SDPi+FHIR Safe, Effective & Secure (SES) component of the project.
  2. Quiet Hospital Updates
    1. Updates have been made to the QH Home Page ... review requested
    2. Rob & Priyanka (ECRI) sync'd late last week and Priyanka will engage ECRI experts around the QH scenarios and provide their input to the group
    3. HIMSS'20 Quiet Hospital video now published!  
      1. Go to:  HIMSS'20 Digital Interoperability Showcase and select "Trauma Recovery in the Quiet ICU"; this will take you to a YouTube video ... enjoy!
      2. Congratulations!  to all those who worked for months on this excellent video. Please share it far and wide!
    4. Additional detail will be updated to the QH confluence pages this week for discussion in the September 15th call, including
      1. More current alert fatigue articles (e.g., from U.S. AHRQ) will be added - additional research / analysis content requested
  3. SDPi Supplement Drafting Update
    1. Primary focus continues to be on drafting the SDPi Supplement document
    2. Updates will be presented / reviewed in the upcoming Friday SDPi session.
  4. Other Topics
    1. No additional topics discussed

Action Items / Tasks

No new action items.


NOTE:  Meeting notes from the 2020.09.01 Meeting are To Be Added

 2020.08.25 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General Updates
  2. Quiet Hospital Discussion
  3. SDPi Supplement Review
  4. Other Topics

Participants

Todd Cooper  Monroe Pattillo  John Rhoads  Paolo Burchietti  Kenneth Fuchs David Gregorczyk Christophe Fournier Paul Schluter  Michelle Barry

Tom Kowalczyk, Rick Hampton, Al Engelbert, Anil Kochhar, 

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates 
    1. HL7 DEV WGM in September 21-25 ... still formalizing the agenda & topics 
  2. Quiet Hospital
    1. (Tom) QH "HIMSS'20" Video is now approved by HIMSS to go forward - finalizing how to release / advertise / present to people etc. etc. etc.;  
    2. (Ken) Continuing to "finalize" the definitions for DIS / DAS / CDAS ...
    3. (Paolo) problem is that there are many alarm system products on the market who are solely DIS since they don't include the defined functionality in DAS / CDAS (e.g.., in 60601-1-8)
    4. Challenge is separating "system" classification ... logical actors ... transactions / messaging support ... etc.  
      1. NOTE:  Next Tuesday's meeting will resume the alerting threads / use case feedback from Peter K. (Philips) and others 
  3. SDPi Supplement Review
    1. Continuing to draft the SDPi Supplement document, focusing on transaction specifications and linkages with MDPWS message bindings
  4. Other Topics
    1. No additional topics identified


Action Items / Tasks

No new action items.


 2020.08.21 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General Gemini SDPi+FHIR Updates
  2. SDPi Supplement Review
  3. Other Topics

Participants

Todd Cooper  Michelle Barry  David Gregorczyk John Rhoads Kenneth Fuchs  John J. Garguilo

Koi Matsumoto

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. SDPi Document Status
    2. IEEE 11073-10700 Status - First draft to be released for review next week; anyone wanting to receive a copy should contact David Gregorczyk 
  2. SDPi Supplement Review
    1. Finalizing Abstraction Layering Strategy :
      1. TF-1 SDPi-P / DEV-xyz transactions will be "BICEPS" or "SDC", with MDPWS detailed message bindings in the TF-2 Appendix
      2. Key objective is to enable profile OPTIONs for alternative transports in the future, that would be bound to SDC/BICEPS but not necessarily implementing Web Services infrastructure
    2. Integration / referencing of Base PKP  (IEEE 11073-10700)
      1. The requirements of this standard are captured using ReqIF, which can be extracted and mapped to requirements in the SDPi SES sections and to SDC/BICEPS in general.
  3. Other Topics
    1. None identified


Action Items / Tasks

No new items identified.


 2020.08.18 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

<no agenda published in advance ... August!>

Participants

Todd Cooper Kenneth Fuchs Rob Wilder Kurt Elliason David Gregorczyk John Rhoads John J. Garguilo Kurt Elliason Monroe Pattillo Paolo Burchietti Paul Schluter Priyanka Shah

Dalibor Pokrajac, Felix Kever, Jeff Rinda, Koi Matsumoto, Peter Verständig, Sarah Johnston, Tom Kowalczyk

Meeting Notes

  1. Quiet Hospital / Silent ICU
    1. General Updates -
      1. QH Confluence page updates made - more coming 
      2. NOTE:  Rob out for rest of August ... 
      3. Workflow Diagram Updates - pick back up in September
      4. (Tom) HIMSS has approved use of the QH video - a few last steps are needed ... very close! 
    2. (Ken) Audible Signal Behavior Slide Decks
      1. IEC 60601-1-8 2nd Edition Published end of July
      2. DIS / DAS / CDAS definition de-obfuscation and application for QH ... continues
      3. Note:  September will be able to pick up discussion again when Peter Kranichreturns and can coordinate with his expert team as well
  2. SDPi Supplement Review
    1. Reviewed draft SDPi Supplement - General updates since last week's version
    2. Focused review on Transaction & message sequence modeling for TF-1 & -2
    3. ACTION( Todd Cooper ) add appendix allocation table to DEV TF wiki page 
    4. ACTION( Todd Cooper ) Update SDPi transaction messaging sequences per discussion
  3. Other Topics
    1. None Identified

Action Items / Tasks


 2020.08.14 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General Updates
  2. SDPi Supplement Document Review
  3. Other Topics

Participants

Todd Cooper Kenneth Fuchs  Michelle Barry Joseph Quinn John Rhoads David Gregorczyk

Koi Matsumoto

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. <GAS into DEV & potential Gemini project planning>
  2. SDPi Supplement Document Review
    1. Reviewed the SDPi draft document, focusing on TF-0 and TF-1 SDPi-P sections
    2. Updates will be made to the final 2020.08.14A draft document, including:
      1. To content modules table, add SFC, gateway and other modules
      2. To TF-3 specializations section, add -1072x specializations:  Initially as "HF Surgery" devices as a place holder 
      3. Change Appendix numbering to X, Y, Z etc.  (check with the template)
      4. Add sections on Time Sync & CT to Groupings  Table
      5. Review ATNA and security cookbook to ensure mandatory groupings are provided
      6. Update the transactions table per discussion + the example sequence diagram 
    3. Confirmed that security requirements will be captured explicitly in the appropriate sections BUT not with specific transactions
    4. Confer with Mary J. about use of "consumer" vs. Initiator / Responder for Actor Transaction handling
  3. Other Topics
    1. No additional topics

Action Items / Tasks

No new items.


 2020.08.11 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General Updates
  2. 60601-1-8 CDAS De-obfuscation Attempt
  3. Audible Alarm Handling Discussion
  4. Other Topics

Participants

Todd Cooper  Monroe Pattillo  John Rhoads Kenneth Fuchs Kurt Elliason Michael Faughn

Peter Verständig, Koi Matsumoto, Al Engelbert, Jeff Rinda, Rick Hampton, Thomas Maser, Anil Kochhar, Eric Gross, Tom Kowalczyk

Regrets:  Rob Wilder Peter Kranich John J. Garguilo Paolo Burchietti Paul Schluter

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    • (Todd) Focus is on drafting the SDPi Supplement document
  2. 60601-1-8 CDAS De-obfuscation Exercise
    • (Ken) reviewed updated slides looking to clarify the formal definitions for DIS / DAS / CDAS per the IEC 60601-1-8 standard
    • Discussion around mapping of 60601-1-8 terms to IHE DEV ACM constructs 
      • ACTION( Monroe ) Develop a crosswalk / mapping between ACM and the FDIS 60601-1-8 definitions / specifications 
    • (Peter) What about the 80001-2-5 guidance document for alerting within the application context of 80001-1? 
      • Note that 80001-2-5 leveraged ACM concepts with a focus on their use in applying 80001-1;  the 60601-1-8 team leveraged both in their update to the alarm standard to include DIS / DAS / CDAS specifications
      • With the 2nd edition of 80001-1 nearing publication, it is TBD what will be done with the 80001-2-x guidance documents, most of which must be updated to maintain synchronization with the base standard.
    • Are there any regulatory implications?  (Ken) probably not, but it is too early to determine 
    • Follow Up Discussion Early September - when Peter Kranich and Paolo Burchietti are back (lending 1st person 60601-1-8 perspective to the discussion) & ACM mapping is ready 
  3. Other Topics
    • None identified

Action Items / Tasks

  • Monroe PattilloACM team draft a mapping between ACM profile constructs and 60601-1-8 definitions / constructs


 2020.08.07 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General Updates
  2. SDPi Supplement Document Review
  3. Topics of Interest Review
  4. Other Discussions

Participants

Todd Cooper David Gregorczyk Peter Kranich Kenneth Fuchs John J. Garguilo

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. <MagicDraw UML modeling started>
    2. <PSS for DoF PoCD IG 2nd Edition ACCEPTED>
  2. SDPi Supplement Document Review
    1. Reviewed the TF-1 section on the SDPi-P Actor Model & Transactions table
    2. Discussion focused on the draft actor diagram and the concepts of gateway / proxy / aggregator / ... 
    3. Also various SOMDS-external connections including:  sensors / sensor networks, bridging between different SOMDS subnetworks, etc.  
    4. Updated diagram and descriptions will be added to the SDPi-P TF-1 content
    5. Additionally, the transaction table will rework the transactions to be solely Provider and Consumer based, although "gateway" and Participant actors will be included
  3. Topics of Interest Review
    1. Topic:  MDIB/MDS Modeling for Device Aggregators 
    2. ...
  4. Other Discussions
    1. CDAS / CONFIRMATION vs. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT (Peter Kranich) Clarification
      1. In the QH/SH discussion and in the 60601-1-8 Alarm standard ... the definitions and their implementation / application remain unclear
      2. Topic will be taken up on the next Tuesday QH call

Action Items / Tasks

No new actions identified.


 2020.08.04 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

(Agenda not circulated in advance - it's July / August!)

Participants

Todd Cooper Michelle Barry Monroe Pattillo Rob Wilder John Rhoads Kenneth Fuchs Michael Faughn David Gregorczyk Peter Kranich Stefan Schlichting John J. Garguilo Paul Schluter Kurt Elliason

Sarah Johnston, Tom Kowalczyk, Koi Matsumoto, Rick Hampton, Priyanka Shah, Al Engelbert

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. (Todd) Updated the status of the SDPi Supplement Word document drafting + two white papers being drafted ...
      1. Supplement focus is now on drafting the supplement document ... draft review planned for this Friday's SDPi session
      2. The two white papers (SES RCC/MH & SES MDI) were considered by ISO/TC 215 CAG2 last week and it was decided to move the SES MDI PWI to JWG7 but keep the SES RCC/MH in TC215/WG2
    2. (Tom) Update on Quiet Hospital ready to go, but one company still looking at possible regulatory considerations; video is sync'd with HIMSS branding; hopefully released soon
    3. NOTE:  HIMSS'21 will be in Las Vegas in August 2021 + HIMSS & Health 2.0 (Europe) is virtualized September 7-11, 2020 
    4. (Todd) FDA guidance released:  FDA Final Guidance for Multiple Function Device Products, including SAMD that integrates both regulated and "other" functions + integrates AI-based technologies 
  2. QH/SH "Audible Alert Signal Behaviour" Review
    1. Kenneth Fuchs reviewed current version of the slide deck
    2. Discussion resulted in updates to various of the tables ... slides will be updated accordingly ... repeatedly!
    3. Rob Wilder will also update the sequence diagrams according to the nomenclature and content of the slides
    4. Question:  How to integrate this analysis into the IHE DEV TF? 
      1. SDPi Supplement will integrate the approach into the SDPi-Alerting profile discussion BUT this is "bigger" than SDPi ...
      2. Consider the oft proposed broad use cases that inform / orchestrate various of the DEV TF profiles (e.g., covering all three core DEV areas:  high-acuity PoC, healthcare enterprise integration, home/mobile integration); how does this get integrated into an IHE TF?  Do we have to have a separate focused WORKFLOW profile that then leverages technical and content profiles?
  3. Topics Review
    1. See Topics Page 
  4. Friday Agenda
    1. Topic:  MDIB/MDS Modeling for Device Aggregators  & other Topics
    2. SDPi Doc Review

Action Items / Task Lists

(no new items)


 2020.07.28 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  • Quick updates on IHE Webinar
  • Review Alerting Situations table

 - 

Participants

<confluence participants>@Kenneth Fuchs  Rob Wilder Peter Kranich John Rhoads Monroe Pattillo

<non-confluence participants> Anil Kochhar, Javier Espina, Koichiro Matsumoto,  Paolo Burchietti, Tom Kowalczyk, Rick Hampton

Regrets: <...> Todd Cooper David Gregorczyk John J. Garguilo Paul Schluter


Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. IHE Webinar - review of QH and SH.
  2. Quiet Hospital / Silent Hospital
    1. Review of Alert Situations table (Ken)
      1. Reviewed about 80%
      2. Major topic about the DAS/DAS scenario.  Is this a valid scenario or do we push forward to the unified DAS with mobile notifications?
      3. To be continued next week
    2. Update of swim-lines diagram expected next week (Rob)
  3. SDPi Topics Discussion
    1. next time
  4. SDPi Supplement Draft Review
    1. Not reviewed - Todd is working on the SDPi draft with David
  5. Additional Topics
    1. None

Action Items / Task Lists 


 2020.07.24 Friday! Web Meeting

Agenda

<no pre-meeting agenda circulated ... it's late July!>

Participants

Todd Cooper Kenneth Fuchs Peter Kranich David Gregorczyk  John J. Garguilo

Koi Matsumoto

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates / Plans
    1. SDPi editorial focus this week addressed many open questions and how to represent those in the Word document;  see "SDPi Supplement Drafting" below
    2. Hanging Gardens Framework model was updated to better communicate the intent to broader audiences
      1. NOTE:  Profiles / IGs include both V2 & FHIR & SDC ...
      2. DoF IG's (as published / being developed) will continue to be maintained / published separately, as are the SDPi Profiles / Supplement - but Gemini SDPi+FHIR ensures close coordination
    3. IHE Devices DPI Program group had their first meeting 2020.07.23 - this program group is the IHE home for Gemini SDPi+FHIR program
  2. SDPI Supplement Drafting
    1. Reviewed the focused efforts this week on advancing the drafting of the SDPi Supplement document (David and Todd spend multi-hour sessions each day)
    2. This included reviewing the SDC Implementation Conformance Statement (ICS) tables in each of the core SDC standards (11073-10207/-20701/-20702) and how they would be addressed in the SDPi Supplement
    3. Key question is related to TF-1 actor diagrams & transactions table; general approach was agreed of leveraging constructs the ITI XDS.b, RAD SWF & PCD ACM, with the actor diagram not including transaction detail (that would be in the subsequent table) but including functional capabilities in each box, similar to ACM.
    4. Discussion included how the -P actors would be included / leveraged in the -R & -A & -xC profiles, noting that the -Alerting profile may have additional actors that reflect, for example, an alert Delegator / Delegatee.  
    5. Note that IHE DEV TF transaction numbers and profile section numbers are allocated;  see  https://wiki.ihe.net/index.php/DEV_Technical_Framework
    6. Editorial plan is to complete a draft late August
  3. Topics Review
    1. _NEW Topics triage:
      1. Topic:  MDIB/MDS Modeling for Device Aggregators David Gregorczyk presented the following slides for this topic (posted on the topic page)
      2. Other new topics are low or future priority - deferred to August meeting
    2. Review Topics - deferred
  4. QH/SH Update
    1. Kenneth Fuchs Reviewed the "Alerting Situations" table discussed on the Tuesday QH/SH sessions
    2. This discussion will directly inform the SDPi-Alerting profile + 
  5. Action Item Review Deferred 
  6. Additional Topics
    1. Meetings Next Week?  Tuesday is ONLY SDPi next week.


Action Items / Task Lists

No new items


 2020.07.21 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
    1. GitHub use review
    2. Roadmap Review
  2. SDPi Draft Supplement Review (what's new)
  3. Requirements Capture & Management Review
    1. Review of Alert Handling Table for SH/QH (Ken)
    2. Review of Narratives/Scenarios (Peter)
    3. Review of swimlanes diagrams (Rob)
  4. SDPi Profile Development 
    1. Transaction Modeling Update 
    2. Action Item Review
    3. TOPICS:  New & High Priority discussions
  5. Other Issues Arising

Participants

<confluence participants>@Kenneth Fuchs  Rob Wilder Peter Kranich John Rhoads John J. Garguilo Monroe Pattillo Paul Schluter

<non-confluence participants> Anil Kochhar, Javier Espina, Koichiro Matsumoto,  Rick Hampton, Paolo Burchietti

Regrets: <...> Todd Cooper David Gregorczyk

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
  2. Quiet Hospital / Silent Hospital
    1. Review of Alert Situations table (Ken)
      1. Reviewed about 50%
      2. To be continued next week
    2. Review of swimlines diagram (Rob)
  3. SDPi Topics Discussion
    1. Review active topics
    2. Review Transactions / Messaging Models 
  4. SDPi Supplement Draft Review
    1. Not reviewed - Todd is working on the SDPi draft with David
  5. Additional Topics
    1. None

Action Items / Task Lists 


 2020-07-17 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
    1. GitHub use review
    2. Roadmap Review
  2. SDPi Draft Supplement Review (what's new)
  3. Requirements Capture & Management Review
  4. SDPi Profile Development 
    1. Transaction Modeling Update 
    2. Action Item Review
    3. TOPICS:  New & High Priority discussions
  5. Other Issues Arising

Participants

Todd Cooper David Gregorczyk John Rhoads Kenneth Fuchs Peter Kranich Eldon Metz Michael Faughn John J. Garguilo

Koi Matsumoto, Michelle Barry, Bryce (question)

Regrets: No regrets!  

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. 3rd weekly Update to GitHub sdpi-fhir repo
    2. Next Week - David & Todd focused on SDPi Supplement Drafting
    3. PythonSDC library is now open sourced!  Check out the GitHub PythonSDC library
  2. SDPi Draft Supplement Review
    1. Updated document version posted to repo master branch today
  3. Requirements Management Review
    1. Todd Cooper Reviewed work-in-progress slide deck:  SES MDI using SDC/SDPi+FHIR - Framework & Considerations 
    2. ACTION (Todd) Complete first full draft and post to sdpi+fhir repo + Tools & Conformity Assessment 
    3. ACTION (Todd) Finish updating Topic: BICEPS as Next Gen MDI Model + reference on that page the SDPi white paper & "why sdc?!"
  4. SDPi+FHIR Profile Development
    1. Reviewed email discussion on security certificates and establishing "trust" in a mixed device "class" environment
      1. ACTION (Peter) Migrate topics & conclusions of discussion to Topic: SDPi-xC with Mixed Device Safety Classes page 
    2. Use of Gherkin for use case scripts?
      1. Michael has started to test application of Gherkin formalizations to Peter's use case examples
      2. May find that it is easier to extend Gherkin syntax or define another DSL that specifically meets our needs
      3. Question:  Can we use Gherkin down the road to drive IHE CAT testing of SDPi profiles (SFC specs) or other
    3. Reviewed PlantUML Use Case & TF-1 transactions model
      1. Todd reviewed initial PlantUML models to be used for graphics in the SDPi Supplement TF-1 for use case diagrams & transaction sequence diagrams.  These works-in-progress will be included in the weekly github repo update.
  5. Additional Topics

Action Items / Task Lists 


 2020-07-14 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
  2. Quiet Hospital / Silent Hospital
    1. QH Promotions / Virtual Showcase Update (Rob Wilder / Tom )
    2. Silent ICU Use Cases (Peter Kranich )
    3. SDPi Alert-related Actor / Business Systems Scenarios / Deployment Diagrams (Kenneth Fuchs)
    4. Requirements Formalization:  Use Cases to Gherkin to ReqIF (Michael Faughn Kenneth Fuchs Peter Kranich David Gregorczyk)
  3. SDPi Profile Development (Todd Cooper)
    1. General Updates 
    2. Action Item Review
    3. TOPICS:  High Priority discussions
  4. Other Issues Arising

Participants

Todd Cooper Monroe Pattillo Kenneth FuchsPaolo Burchietti John Rhoads Peter Kranich Javier Espina Paul Schluter Uwe Meyer Rob Wilder John J. Garguilo Kurt Elliason

Priyanka Shah, Koi Matsumoto, Anil Kochar, Al Engelbert, Tom Kowalczyk, Jan Rizzuto, Dalibor Pokrajac

Regrets: David Gregorczyk

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. GitHub / GitHub.io Updates (repo / issues / tasks ... linkage to Confluence tasks ...
    2. SDPi 1.0 Draft Update
    3. Confluence:  Glossary pages, GitHub info added, 
    4. NOTE:  ANSI Opens Survey: Standardization Empowering AI-enabled Systems in Health Care
    5. ISO/TC215 Updates:
      1. White Paper PWI's approved & document numbers assigned ...
      2. ISO/PWI TR 5605 Safe, Effective & Secure Medical Device Interoperability using Service-oriented Device Connectivity / Service-oriented Device Point-of-care Interoperability + HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources

      3. ISO/PWI TR 5615 Accelerating Safe, Effective and Secure Remote Monitoring and Mobile Health Interoperable Solutions 

    6. White Paper Publication - Looking at taking similar approach to IHE PCC's "Health Story" white paper (joint with HL7) but to do an HTML / github.io approach
  2. Quiet Hospital / Silent Hospital
    1. QH Promotions / Virtual Showcase Update
      1. (Tom) received first "looks fantastic" version of the QH video!   On track to show (at least to this QH/SH team) by end of month
      2. TBD how this works with the HIMSS Virtual Showcase ... working with HIMSS staff on logistics, next steps, ... 
    2. Silent ICU Use Cases 
      1. Peter Kranich  presented a draft of his Silent ICU Use Case descriptions using Gherkin, based on Philips-internal feedback re. the QH/SH (ICU)  use case
      2. Note:  See also related discussions & notes 2020.07.10 (notes section #3) and Topic: What is a Central? 
      3. Kenneth Fuchs Showed his follow-up from Peter's Gherken formatted content to the general Use Case / UML modeling approach
      4. ACTION (Todd/Ken/Peter) Integrate UML models w/ Gherkin doc + (computable) PlantUML versions
        • NOTE:  The rationale for using PlantUML is that it is computable; with some initial versions, we MAY be able to generate those from the Gherkin, or visa versa (at least as starter Gherkin)
      5. ACTION (Ken/Peter/Faughn) Mapping / p;rofiling / conventions for Use Case to Gherkin to ReqIF ... create / expand confluence page to capture discussion
      6. ACTION (Rob/Todd) Provide some sequence diag's for a few of the scenarios that can be rendered in PlantUML
    3. SDPi Alert-related Actor / Business Systems Scenarios / Deployment Diagrams (DEFERRED)
    4. Requirements Formalization:  Use Cases to Gherkin to ReqIF (DEFERRED)
  3. SDPi Topics Discussion (DEFERRED)
    1. Review active topics
    2. Review Transactions / Messaging Models 
  4. SDPi Supplement Draft Review
    1. Reviewed the current draft of the document
    2. NOTE:  Parallel process for publishing IHE components (profiles & papers) using github.io and HTML from github.com/IHE repositories
  5. Additional Topics

Action Items / Task Lists 


 2020-07-10 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
    1. GitHub organization and use review
  2. Requirements Capture:  Use Case Scenarios to Gherkin to ReqIF 
  3. SDPi Profile Development 
    1. General Updates 
      1. Baseline SDPi Supplement Document structure review
    2. Action Item Review
    3. TOPICS:  New & High Priority discussions
    4. Proposed SDPI Actors & Transactions (at TF-1 level)
  4. Other Issues Arising

Participants

Todd Cooper Eldon Metz Peter Kranich Kenneth Fuchs John Rhoads David Gregorczyk John J. Garguilo Michael Faughn

Koi Matsumoto

Regrets: <...>

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. Reviewed IHE GitHub Devices domain repositories DEV and sdpi-fhir 
      1. Group agreed that this starting organization was appropriate for both repositories
      2. Group also agreed that in light of not using Jira, using the GitHub repository / project board / issues tracking capabilities was a decent alternative
      3. ACTION (Todd) Add Project Kanban style board to the sdpi-fhir repository
      4. ACTION (Todd) Ensure references between the GitHub and Confluence
        1. This is particularly important for identifying SDPi-FHIR Topic decisions and linking those to work in the GitHub space
        2. Ensure linkage between Confluence Tasks and GitHub Tasks / Issues as appropriate
      5. ACTION (Todd) Integrate both repositories back into the mainline COB today 2020.07.10 
    2. IHE DEV TF-3 2020 Edition Status Update
      1. Draft document is now complete (published in the DEV repository CP Work / Pre-Publication documents folder) and ready for general DEV domain review 
  2. Reviewed initial organization for the SDPi Supplement
    1. Reviewed the initial draft version of the SDPi Supplement (note it is published in the sdpi-fhir repo SDPi Supplement Version 1.0 folder )
    2. Discussion about the mapping of SDC messages and exchange sequences with IHE Profile Transactions & Transaction Messages 
      1. ACTION (Todd) Determine if there is a common way of scoping transaction-specific messages (e.g., a transaction predicate to the message name "DEV-21: Probe Systems" 
      2. ACTION (Todd) Craft PlantUML models for high level transactions that would be in TF-1; including updating of actor names per AMS'19 Sessions
    3. ACTION (Todd) Update TF-1 Overview section with an SDPi Interoperability Overview and Framework section
    4. ACTION (Todd) Update with sections on "Safety Considerations & Requirements" & "Effectiveness  Considerations & Requirements" Requirements
    5. ACTION (Todd) Add transaction block to the IHE Devices transactions wiki page (to ensure they don't get "double booked"
  3. Requirements Capture Formalization
    1. Reviewed the latest version of Peter Kranich's Silent ICU Use Cases document (with Kenneth Fuchs 's comments)
    2. Discussion about the general use of Gherkin constructs + how translated to ReqIF 
      1. NOTE:  Gherkin is typically used to drive test tooling directly vs. our approach to translate to ReqIF and use that to drive the testing / CA
      2. Gherkin Conventions:  "Given" (predicate) "When" (current conditions) "Then" (future state)
      3. Then:  "Feature"  ...  "Rule" ... "Scenario" ... 
    3. System concept definitions: "remote alerting system", "smart alerting system", etc. - Where defined?  What Hanging Gardens layer?  
      1. Could also go in a Glossary, in Ref Arch layer, Specialization Layer, etc. 
      2. Note:  Need to capture these consistently from top to bottom - ensuring mapping 
        1. For example:  When Actor:CareGiver  ...   
        2. Note:  this could be captured initially in a UML actor diagram
        3. See also Topic: What is a Central?
      3. ACTION (Michael) Factor in these constructs when considering mapping from top to bottom
    4. ACTION (Todd) Add SDPi TF-1 Appendix to capture the approach for requirements capture and mapping; with Hanging Gardens Model  
    5. ACTION (Todd) Create a home for collecting requirements, information, etc. for the end System Function Contribution (SFC) that is to be tested
  4. SDPi Topics Discussion
    1. Reviewed the new Topic: What is a Central? 
  5. Additional Topics

Action Items / Task Lists 

  • Michael Faughn   Include Gherkin modeling conventions (e.g., Actor:Patient) into the mapping to ReqIF modeling 
  • Todd Cooper  Add SDPi TF-1 Appendix to capture the approach for requirements capture and mapping; with Hanging Gardens Model  (GitHub Link)
  • Todd Cooper  Create a home for collecting requirements, information, etc. for the end System Function Contribution (SFC) that is to be tested
  • Todd Cooper  Add Project Kanban style board to the sdpi-fhir repository (GitHub Issue)
  • Todd Cooper  Ensure references between the GitHub and Confluence
  • Todd Cooper  Integrate both repositories back into the mainline (GitHub Task)
  • Todd Cooper  Determine if there is a common way of scoping transaction-specific messages (e.g., a transaction predicate to the message name "DEV-21: Probe Systems"  (Git Issue)
  • Todd Cooper  Craft PlantUML models for high level transactions that would be in TF-1; including updating of actor names per AMS'19 Sessions (Git Task)
  • Todd Cooper  Update SDPi Supplement TF-1 Overview section with an SDPi Interoperability Overview and Framework section (Git Task)
  • Todd Cooper  Update SDPi Supplement with sections on "Safety Considerations & Requirements" & "Effectiveness  Considerations & Requirements" Requirements (Git Task)
  • Todd Cooper  Add transaction block to the IHE Devices transactions wiki page (to ensure they don't get "double booked"
  •  


 2020-07-07 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
  2. Quiet Hospital / Silent Hospital 
    1. Updates for "virtual" showcase + related
    2. SDPi Alerting Actors / Systems Considerations
  3. SDPi Profile Development 
    1. General Updates 
    2. TOPICS:  High Priority discussions
    3. Action Item Review
  4. Other Issues Arising

Participants

Todd Cooper Monroe Pattillo David Gregorczyk John Rhoads Kenneth Fuchs Michael Faughn Peter Kranich Paul Schluter Paolo Burchietti Javier Espina John J. Garguilo

Koi Matsumoto, Jeff Rinda, Tom Kowalczyk, Peter Verständig, Al Engelbert 

Regrets: Rob Wilder

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. SDPi Profiling - 
      1. Working with IHE Documentation Specialist to finalize organization of the updated DEV TF (per the latest IHE template); 
        1. IHE DEV TF-3 '20 is almost done ... and will be reflected in the SDPi Supplement document's TF-3 section
      2. IHE GitHub - still working to finalize organization and location of SDPi+FHIR Repository ... should be completed this week.
    2. SDPi Supplement 1.0 Prioritization
      1. Primary focus on the SDPi+FHIR project the next 2-3 months will be to get the SDPi 1.0 Supplement to DEV review & Public Comment & Trial Implementation status
      2. As a result, other discussions such as the integration of SDPi FHIR Proxy for DoF alerting will be pushed to later in the year.  
      3. FHIR integration priority will also focus initially on the basics:  SDC-to-FHIR Proxy for SDPi-P profile, SDPi-R to FHIR for medical reporting, and SDPi-A to FHIR for medical alerting, etc.
  2. Quiet Hospital / Silent Hospital Discussion
    1. "Virtual" Showcase & Related Promotion Topics
      1. (Tom & Peter V.) video should be ready later this week ... then what?  Working with HIMSS to determine how to get it out
      2. 2nd video - still forming the group (update from Rob next week)
    2. SDPI Alerting Actors / Systems Considerations
      1. <working through Peter K's use cases / perspectives > 
      2. Plan for an extended discussion next Tuesday 7/14 
  3. SDPi Topics Discussion
    1. General SDPi Topics Updates
      1. No new topics 
      2. All HIGH priority topics are now in discussion
    2. Topic: Alert Delegation Chains (see notes on Topic page)
  4. Next Tuesday Planning (2020-07-14)
    1. Update on Scenarios / Gherkin / ReqIF Requirements Management discussions
    2. Briefing from Peter K. / Philips Alerting Use Case Feedback 

Action Items / Task Lists 

No new action items.


 2020-07-03 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
  2. SDPi Profile Development 
    1. General Updates 
    2. Action Item Review
    3. TOPICS:  High Priority discussions
  3. Other Issues Arising

Participants

Todd Cooper Peter Kranich Michael Faughn David Gregorczyk

Koi Matsumoto

Regrets:  U.S. 4th of July celebrants!

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. SDPi Supplement
      1. Coordinating with IHE Doc Specialist (Mary J.) on initial baseline drafts of SDPI Supplement + IHE DEV TF 2020 edition 
        1. Note:  The SDPi supplement document will conform to the updated format of the 2020 IHE Devices TF (which is a new template)
      2. Working with IHE GitHub / Devices space for initial repository - resolving Team organizational issues
      3. Confluence pages are being updated to provide homes for specification content creation - that will then be exported to Word and weekly integrated into the sdpi-fhir GitHub repo
    2. SDPi+FHIR - Technical Approach Pages
      1. General problem is that as more individuals who have no background in SDC, SDPi or Devices on FHIR, look and discuss elements of the project, too much information remains in the heads of the key participants vs. in reviewable form on the confluence pages ...
      2. This includes understanding the architectural relationships between SDPi and DoF, use of proxy "gateway" actors, etc. etc. etc. 
      3. Priority needs to be given to completing the initial content on the confluence pages that are in place, helping the entire ... growing ... community understand and better engage
    3. CA & Tooling Team - had it's first team meeting Thursday 2020.07.02; this group will focus on topics related to the specification and testing of SDPi+FHIR enabled products, along with the needed tooling
  2. SDPi Development Updates / Discussions
    1. New Topics:
      1. Use Case Descriptions in Gherkin 
        1. Peter Kranich showed some work on use case capture using Gherkin to verify the approach being taken was consistent with current thinking ...
          1. Early Draft Discussion Document:  Silent ICU Use Cases 2020-07-03 PK1.docx
        2. Use Case Scenario / Capability:  "Audio alarm behavior dependent on the presence of caregiver in patient room" 
        3. ACTION (Peter) provide document for these notes
        4. ACTION (Michael) work from this to see how would get to ReqIF representation
      2. NOTE:  Additional non-QH/SH use cases may be included as well 
    2. Updated Topics:
      1. Topic: Handling missed discovery messages 
        1. David added documentation to the agreed approach
        2. NOTE:  Need to finalize the TEMPLATE for these topic pages + clearly identify how to capture the technical approaches in the specification documents and related documentation; this is an action item already for John Rhoads and Todd Cooper
      2. Topic: Connect Time Delay Algorithm 
        1. Same as preceding 
      3. Topic: SDPi-xC with Mixed Device Safety Classes
        1. NOTE:  This is one of many quality / regulatory related topics that is part of the discussion in the Paper: SES MDI 
        2. Encourage participant quality / regulatory stakeholders to monitor and engage in those discussions
    3. Topic: Info exchanged during unsecured discovery  - See notes on topic page
    4. Topic: SystemContext Profiling & Use - See notes on topic page
  3. Additional Topics
    1. Planned use of ReqIF and IEEE 11073 Standards (Michael)
      1. (David) Intent is to capture standards requirements in DOORS and then export that to ReqIF that is then part of the IEEE package
        1. NOTE:  This is for the first draft only; then will work directly with the Word document and ReqIF specification document
      2. Does DOORS have a fixed ReqIF export model?  
        1. Yes, but then will be XSLT'd to PKP meta-model 
      3. How would the ReqIF export from -1072x ModSpec standards relate to the -1070x PKP standards 
        1. Both in terms of the "layer specific" 
      4. How similar would this be to the 
    2. ReqIF Meta-model Needed for SDPi+FHIR 
      1. Need a consistent ReqIF approach that is consistent across all layers
      2. Should support M:N inter-layer "linking" / mapping + traceability top to bottom ... and back again 
      3. Tooling can then be created to support requirements .. including a DPE  
    3. Next Topics Discussion?
      1. Focus to remain on the HIGH priority items at Topics of Interest


Action Items / Task Lists

  • Peter KranichProvide draft Gherkin doc from today's discussion
  • Michael Faughn Consider how to map Gherkin specifications to ReqIF formalization 


 2020-06-30 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
  2. Quiet Hospital / Silent Hospital Updates
    1. General Updates / Coordination 
    2. Use Case Discussion (Peter K.) 
  3. SDPi Profile Development 
    1. General Updates 
    2. Action Item Review
    3. TOPICS:  High Priority discussions
  4. Other Issues Arising

Participants

Todd Cooper Kenneth Fuchs Monroe Pattillo Stefan Schlichting Rob Wilder Peter Kranich Paolo Burchietti Michael Faughn David Gregorczyk John Rhoads Paul Schluter John J. Garguilo Uwe Meyer

Jeff Rinda, Koi Matsumoto, Sarah Johnson, Priyanka Shah, Peter Verständig, Tom Kowalczyk, Al Engelbert

Regrets:  ...

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. ...
  2. Quiet Hospital / Silent Hospital Updates
    1. (Rob) HIMSS Showcase Recordings 
      1. Notifications did go out but to the '21 points-of-contacts but not the '20! 
        1. Team #2 - Companies interested ... pulling together possible 2nd coalition for video recording
      2. (Tom) Team #1 - Completed video "shoot" last week - 1st QH demo group - Should be available for review later in July
    2. Updates to Narrative: Quiet Hospital page
      1. (Rob) updated quiet hospital narrative and now working on the "What is an 'alert'?" section 
        1. ACTION( Rob ) Complete first draft of the "What is an 'alert'?" section
      2. (Paolo) Ensure call out and sync with published 60601-1-8 standard
    3. ACTION (Todd) Create a QH Networked Systems Scenarios page 
    4. ACTION (Ken / Rob) Update content on above Networked Systems page
    5. (Peter) Use Cases Update 
      1. Feedback from internal Philips stakeholders for QH/SH use cases; is collating and will present back to the group 
      2. Intent is to discuss / review in group then use Gherkin to formalize the top items
      3. ACTION (Peter) Will have available for review by July 14 (earlier if possible)
  3. SDPi Development Updates / Discussions
    1. Discussion of the Topics of Interest 
      1. Note:  Todd working with John Rhoads& HL7 Confluence support to create a template for the topics discussion pages
      2. Group reviewed the "template" sections / components +
      3. New topics reviewed / prioritized 
      4. specific topics (see action items on those topics pages)
    2. Friday topics:  SystemContext profiling & info exchanged during unsecured discovery
  4. ...


Action Items / Task Lists


 2020-06-26 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
  2. SDPi Updates
    1. Review rooadmap & action items
  3. GitHub organization & use 
  4. SDPi Profile Development 
  5. Other Issues Arising

Participants

Todd Cooper Peter Kranich David Gregorczyk Kenneth Fuchs Eldon Metz Michelle Barry John Rhoads Darrell Woelk John J. Garguilo

Koi Matsumoto, 


Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. SDPi "Testing & Tooling" group formation under consideration <...>
      1. Bi-monthly 1st & 3rd Thursday 0700 Pacific / 1600 Europe 
      2. NOTE:  4th Thursday for monthly DPI Program web meeting 
      3. ACTION (Todd) set up Thursday calls
    2. Confluence Page Links
      1. Some pages use Pretty URLs some use PageID URLs
      2. By default Confluence uses Pretty but   we would like PageId
      3. ACTION (Todd) Coordinate on options with HL7 Confluence Joshua
  2. SDPi Development Updates / Discussions
    1. Glossary & Abbreviations Pages
      1. Use Glossary & Abbreviations Deobfuscation page;  migrate content from Stacks of Useful Stuff to new Glossary page; 
      2. Update other confluence pages to include link to Glossary page - at top when they first start
      3. ACTION (Todd) Update Glossary pages
    2. IHE GitHub use for SDPi Supplement Document
      1. Reviewed IHE GitHub for Devices and the proposed use for the SDPi Supplement document management
      2. Question:  How to manage the IHE Supplement Word document updating and GitHub repo integration 
      3. Question:  2nd SDPi repo for PlantUML Models (from David Gregorczyk) ?
      4. DECISION:  Keep the one sdpi-fhir repo and add substructure for models & supplement document etc.
        1. NOTE:  Additional artifacts like ReqIF files would be captured there too; graphics; 
      5. Supplement Word Document Development:
        1. Publish updated draft weekly to repo (above)
        2. Maintain current draft at ... 
          1. IHE Google Drive:  Devices / SDPi Profile subdirectory?
          2. One Drive (somewhere) for better co-editing support? 
          3. ...
        3. Consider a mark-down alternative approach?
          1. Would IHE publications (Mary!) support this?  
          2. Do we have to convert to the same Word doc in the end?  
          3. Has someone already done that?
          4. Pandoc.org alternative?
        4. ACTION (Cooper / Rhoads) Come up with a 1st approach for the editing + research with IHE Documentation Specialist + John Moehrke 
    3. Review SDPi Topics page
      1. Reviewed Topics of Interest page
      2. ACTION (Todd / Rhoads) See if a Topics template can be created in confluence 
      3. ACTION (Todd) Create first set of HIGH priority pages
  3. SDPi Roadmap Discussion
    1. Need to update the high-level roadmap at Specifications: SDPi IHE Profiles#SDPiRoadmap(2020-2023) 
    2. ACTION (Todd) Update section based on initial discussions this week on SDPi Supplement drafting, EU CAT '20 participation, etc. etc. etc.


Action Items / Task Lists

  • Todd Cooper Set up Thursday calls for T&T and initial DPI monthly meeting (two separate calls)
  • John Rhoads Todd Cooper See if a Topics template can be created in confluence 
  • Todd Cooper Create first set of HIGH priority Topics of Interest subpages
  • John Rhoads Todd Cooper Come up with a 1st approach for the editing + research with IHE Documentation Specialist + John Moehrke 
  • Todd Cooper Update glossary pages per discussion 
  • Todd Cooper Update section based on initial discussions this week on SDPi Supplement drafting, EU CAT '20 participation, etc. etc. etc.
  • Todd Cooper Coordinate with HL7 Confluence on default use of PageID vs. Pretty URLs 


 2020-06-23 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
    1. ...
  2. QH/SH Discussion
  3. White Papers Discussion
  4. Other Issues Arising

Participants

Todd Cooper Rob Wilder Stefan Schlichting Christophe Fournier Javier Espina John J. Garguilo John Rhoads Kenneth Fuchs Kurt Elliason Monroe Pattillo Paolo Burchietti Paul Schluter Peter Kranich David Gregorczyk

Al Engelbert, Jeff Rinda, Koi Matsumoto, Sarah Johnston, Tim Ealy, Tom Kowalczyk , Adilia Morales, Peter Verständig

Meeting Notes


DRAFT NOTES - WILL COMPLETE WEDNESDAY!!!

  1. Quiet Hospital Updates
    1. Rob provided a review of the updates to the Narrative: Quiet Hospital page 
      1. Rob uploaded slide deck to the confluence page and updated some of the content ...
      2. ACTION (Rob / Rhoads) Update slides to most current versions 
    2. HIMSS Showcase Use Case Recording 
      1. Tom has been working with HIMSS to get the recording of the QH narrative for the digital showcase 
      2. NOTE:  Need to clarify how to piece together the various participant narratives for each narrative participant 
      3. ACTION (QH Showcase Participants) All participants need to respond to Bronwen re. intent to participate in the digital recording ... 
    3. ...
  2. SDPi Profiling:  
    1. Security & Discovery & Sequence Models
      1. Discussions have begun on updating the SDPi roadmap; this will result in updates to the SDPi Roadmap (2020-2023) section and will include:
        1. IHE SDPi Supplement (ver 1.0) publication for comment by September 2020 - baseline capabilities across all four SDPi profiles
          1. Core capabilities to support needed functionality at IHE EU & NA CAT events (see next)
          2. Scoping limitations include deferring computable requirements capture and mapping 
        2. IHE EU CAT testing of SDPi in November (OR integration focus)
        3. IHE NA CAT testing of SDPi in January (ICU integration focus)
        4. SDPi integration with FHIR and IHE PCD profiles - in progress by end 2020 / testing in 2021 
        5. SDPi Supplement (2.0) Summer 2021 ... 
          1. Include additional capabilities +
          2. Computable requirements traceability, including through the 11073-1070x PKP standards
          3. Formal device specializations, proxy actor specifications (incl. with FHIR), etc.
      2. IHE International GitHub Use
        1. Work has begun (John Rhoads Todd Cooper) to add sdpi-fhir repository support to IHE's GitHub  
        2. This will include repositories for the SDPi Supplement document + other artifacts such as the PlantUML models used in the supplement + on the SDPi Technical Framework Models page
    2. Discovery & Security Discussion (from Zulip)
      1. ACTION (Rhoads / Cooper) Craft a "brainstorming" profiling topics page 
      2.  Topics include:
        1. Time delay alogrithm to ensure that all CONSUMER systems do not try to connect with new PROVIDER at instant of "Hello" announcement 
          1. For example, an infusion pump is connected to an SDC SOMDS that has 1000 connected devices that receive the "Hello" and then want to connect
          2. (see #4 below)
        2. Reliability - one Hello message is not sufficient?  Repeat "Hello" (implicit discovery) periodically ... and under which conditions?  
          1. IF probe is missed - esp. in wireless environment - how to "retry" 
          2. Devices on different switches  that subsequently get connected 
        3. What information can be exchanged during unsecured discovery?
          1. Minimal CONTEXT info ... but have to be HIPAA info (location, ensemble context, ... ???)
          2. Use of compact signatures ... expensive to compute! ... but one alternative path  (esp. for every discovery message) 
            1. Note:  Has not be hack-a-thon'd 
          3. Use of an (ICE Supervisor) Dicovery Proxy 
            1. Centralized management - good and bad .... at scale ... 
            2. See similar in MDIRA/ICE for Supervisor functionality
        4. Look at PoC network architectures connecting to the OR or ICU bed?
          1. Subnet integration around bed w/ Proxy to multi-bed network (location implicit)
          2. Device direct to multi-bed SDC network relying on Location context 
        5. Relation to ITI ATNA Profile?  Can this be leveraged in SDPi security?
          1. "Audit Trail & Node Authentication"  - which uses syslog ... 
          2. 11073-10700 Base PKP - may include a discovery logging requirement that would be mapped to syslog in -207xx or SDPi
        6. Use of OAUTH for Authorization & WS-Security for Authentication only?
          1. Request to consider option  from the MDIRA/ICE JHU/APL team 
        7. SystemContext Profiling & Use
          1. How to use SystemContext (Location, Patient, Ensemble, Workflow) in SDPi 
          2. Where does what get profiled:  TF-1 vs. TF-2 vs. TF-3 
        8. Potential Definition of a "Session Context"  
          1. Leverages EnsembleContext for a specific application 
          2. NOTE:  From JHU/APL MDIRA/ICE team
        9. Profiling of Integration of FHIR-sourced info into BICEPS + WorkflowContext
          1. What data and where - prioritized ...
        10. Remote control w/ Mixed Device Class - 
          1. How managed when, for example, a Class II wants to invoke a SERVICE on a Class III device?
          2. At Plug-n-Trust ... certificate includes device classification & PKP's 
          3. 4 Levels:  Info + A + B + C defined in SDC  (defined in 11073-10207 BICEPS) 
          4. CLIENT is responsible to not invoke Class III service if not allowed 
        11. MDIB "version" update profiling
          1. Expectations to manage "chatter" with updates to MDIB 
          2. How to manage for waveform streaming
        12. Profiling MDIB Services in SDPi
          1. Baseline for how SDPi "baseline" will be needed for version 1.0
          2. What can be deferred or parameterized vs. needed in first version
          3. Forward & backward compatibility  (make sure SDPi 1.1 ... 2.x ...  is "extension" only ... not conflicting) 
        13. Profiling efficient MDIB content discovery
          1. SDC has a core set of capabilities for processing MDIB containment BUT
          2. Small devices interested in a specific channel or parameter only - can they discover & subscribe to just that content?
        14. BICEPS Extension Model Use in SDPi?
          1. Specify how SDPi profiled capabilities should be extended for vendor-specific capabilities 
          2. Identify and limit areas of extension 
        15. <add PnT computable IFU incl. required QoS / QoD >
        16. <Sensor-proxy ...>
        17. ...
      3. ACTION (Todd & John R.) Create Glossary & Abbreviations Page
      4. Next Steps at SDPi Profiling
        1. Identify specific device interoperability use case scenarios ...
        2. Focus on two OR / ICU network models
        3. Include scenarios for November IHE EU CAT at OR integration & January IHE NA CAT at Silent ICU 
        4. ACTION (Ken & Todd) to identify simple existing use cases (e.g., FESS) to do a detailed walk through
  3. ...


Action Items / Task Lists


 2020-06-19 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
  2. SDPi Updates
    1. Review confluence pages & UML modeling diagrams
    2. Discuss SDPi Issues list 
    3. Consider SDPi+FHIR sequences for QH/SH narrative
  3. Requirements capture / tracing using Gherkin & ReqIF 
  4. ...
  5. Other Issues Arising

Participants

Todd Cooper Kenneth Fuchs Eldon MetzDavid Gregorczyk

Koichiro Matsumoto 

Regrets:  John Rhoads

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. IHE GitHub being configured for IHE sdpi-fhir 
      1.  Initial IHE sdpi-fhir repository created; 
        1. This will be the home for all SDPi+FHIR artefacts + issue tracking (TBD) 
        2. Policy for addition to the group + permissions etc. being finalized 
        3. Although all content will be publicly visible, contributors will have to be IHE International member org reps to be added to the IHE International "community" 
      2. ACTION (All) Send to Todd your GitHub ID to be added to the team & repo, when the policies have been finalized
      3. ACTION (Rhoads & Cooper & Gregorczyk)  Finalize the GitHub project organization (what goes where in the repo)
      4. ACTION (David) Link PlantUML Files now in Confluence to GitHub repo
    2. IHE EU CAT November:  OR.NET discussions indicate that it is a "go!"  (see Roadmap discussion below)
    3. IHE DEV Technical Framework Organization approach finalized - so can proceed w/ supplement development
  2. SDPi Modeling Updates
    1. David updated the PlantUML models on the SDPi Technical Framework Models using the Confluence macro
      1. Need to add descriptive text BUT huge step forward!  
    2. Silent OR / ICU Discussion
      1. Given the modeling in (a) above, David Gregorczyk asked about the planed scoping (3) below and the difference between Quiet & Silent Hospital
      2. Kenneth Fuchs  reviewed some of his QH/SH network models with the group, leading to a good discussion about (3) below and the initial target for the SDPi Profiles Supplement
        1. Note that for SDPi Supplement 1.0, the "middle" example will apply:  SDC / SDPi connectivity between devices + PoC Cockpit (e.g., SAMD) + Central 
        2. This will have a number of configuration scenarios but all focused on OR & Silent ICU, initially w/o Alert Distribution Support
      3. "sensor" in SDC?
        1. Question:  Should one of the PoC devices be changed to "sensors"? 
        2. David Gregorczyk  Explained that this has been explicitly excluded from SDC, given the simplicity of these devices + frequency of communication etc.
          1. A "Sensor SDC Proxy" should be defined instead to support connection to an SDC network
        3. Kenneth Fuchs pointed out that they may be able to generate "alerts" - besides supporting reporting & external control ... but would not be able to annunciate the alert
          1. Clearly an SES risk management challenge
          2. May require SDC alert delegation support
        4. ACTION (Todd & Ken) Add sensor proxy to SDPi "Alerting" page / OR Narrative page
  3. SDPi Roadmap Discussion
    1. IF an OR focused IHE EU CAT in early November ... what do we need to have in place to get there?
    2. Baseline SDPi Supplement published for TI in September '20 ... 
      1. "baseline" includes the capabilities across all for profiles / PKP's for the OR systems + silent icu narrative 
      2. January '21 NA CAT could focus on Silent Hospital ICU w/ connection to "Alert Distribution System"  
    3. SDPi Supplement drafting complete by August '20 (similar to SDPi White Paper in '19) 
    4. In parallel ...
      1. Develop CAT support testing & tooling (e.g., scripts, monitors, initial tooling approach,e tc.)
      2. Understand what can be tested F2F, V2V, hybrid CAT events - ongoing discussion 
    5. Deferred to SDPi Supplement 1.x / 2.0:
      1. Proxy Actors to External Systems (though a general FHIR proxy could possibly be included as a stretch goal)
      2. Utilization of ReqIF to achieve traceability from narrative to Plug-n-Trust interface
    6. ACTION (Todd) Update Roadmap sections on Confluence
      1. Major Milestones & Timelines
      2. Work streams to achieve the milestones


Action Items / Task Lists


 2020-06-16 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
    1. Updates on related aspects of the SDC-SDPi+FHIR Confluence content
  2. Quiet Hospital  Silent Hospital Narrative
    1. Update Narratives => Use Cases = > Scenarios
    2. Review "models"
    3. Update on path to Gherkin & ReqIF formalization 
  3. White Papers
    1. General status update on all (3)
    2. Focus on SES MDI & "What is a 'Device'?"

Participants

Todd Cooper Monroe Pattillo Uwe Meyer Christophe Fournier Kenneth Fuchs Kurt Elliason Paolo Burchietti David Gregorczyk John Rhoads Paul Schluter Peter Kranich

Sarah Johnston, Priyanka Shah, Tom Kowalczyk, Koi Matsumoto, Al Engelbert, Jeff Rinda, Brian Witkowski, 

Meeting Notes

  1. General Updates
    1. Update re. use of HL7 Jira vs. GitHub for issue tracking 
      1. NOTE:  John Rhoads created a PCD GitHub repository 6 years ago!  
      2. ACTION:  Migrate existing PCD repo to IHE International space
    2. QH/SH Team List Update - ACTION:  Update based on participants today
  2. Scenario / Network Models (Ken)
    1. Reviewed updated use case scenarios document & diagrams 
    2. Device "auto pause" audio discussed -
      1. Device independently decides to delay (pause) audio annunciation based on confirmation of receipt of alert / alarm by an AR / AM as a "signal of confidence"; delayed annunciation is on the order of a few seconds, typically based on alert severity & 
      2. This is in support of a Quiet Hospital narrative 
      3. See events in ACM profile timing diagram  
        1. ACTION: (Todd) Copy ACM event sequencing diagram to the appropriate QH/SH page
      4. NOTE: an AR - AM heartbeat / keep alive is another "signal of confidence" 
    3. Device alarm delegation (SDC/SDPi) capability supports the Silent Hospital narrative, and allows for 100% (silent) control of device alerting + external control (e.g., adjusting of alert limits)
    4. ACTION:  Update scenarios document accordingly with above distinctions
    5. (Tom) updated group on video being created in Sweden around the Quiet Hospital narrative that was originally planned for HIMSS'20 Showcase  (not HIMSS'20 Digital) - will be posted on the HIMSS interoperability showcase site.  Target is video posted by end of July.
  3. ...


Action Items / Task Lists


 2020-06-12 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
    1. Jira - Reviewed Melva's feedback on HL7 Jira use
  2. SDPi Updates
    1. Review confluence pages & UML modeling diagrams
    2. Discuss SDPi Issues list 
      1. Inclusion of SystemContext capabilities
    3. Consider SDPi+FHIR sequences for QH/SH narrative
  3. Other Issues Arising
    1. ACM "FHIR" Discussion 
    2. ...

Participants

Todd Cooper Kenneth Fuchs Uwe Meyer John Rhoads David Gregorczyk John J. Garguilo

Koichiro Matsumoto, Tobias Klotz

Meeting Notes

  1. Jira Discussion - 
    1. Reviewed Melva's draft slides on HL7 tooling use decision tree
    2. HL7 guidance still unclear even with decision tree
    3. ACTION:  John RhoadsTodd Cooper to evaluate options, especially GitHub tool since that will be used by both IHE and HL7.  Also SourceForge & Trello as options.  Free not a requirement, but low cost-b-good 
  2. IHE PCD ACM "FHIR vs. V2" Thread
    1. General high-level mention of recent thread and statements about the equivalency of V2 to FHIR or SDC for ACM functionality 
    2. Noted that the focus of this Gemini project team is on SDPi profiling of SDC and tight integration of FHIR, with PCD integration profiles & HL7 V2 as optional gateways when needed / appropriate (per the SDPi Technical Framework Models 
  3. Update on SDPi Technical Framework Models 
    1. David Gregorczyk will update his sequence models (in PlantUML) to the SDPi models page
      1. Note that the content can be referenced from other pages or split out later when needed
      2. Plan is to use the Confluence PlantUML macro for in-line rendering of the specification 
    2. Consider how to do QH/SH narrative to link to sequences
      1. Ultimately the use case / activity / sequence etc. models at the Narratives level need to be mapped (using ReqIF) to capabilities in SDPi (in the TF models) and profiles at the Plug-n-Trust interface.
      2. This will drive (from the top Narratives layer down) test scripts, and requirements for test tooling & procedures
      3. Kenneth Fuchs Michael Faughn David Gregorczyk - Include in the Narratives to PnT confluence page discussions
  4. SDPi SystemContext discussion
    1. Increasingly, the need is identified to integrate use of the SDC SystemContext object and its related objects: especially the LocationContext, PatientContext & WorkflowContext objects
    2. For example, FHIR-sourced information that is provided back to an SDC PARTICIPANT system may very likely be represented in one of these context objects, and given the SDPi+FHIR focus of this initiative, it is important to clearly profile the use of these objects
    3. Note the Zulip chat on this topic 
    4. Todd Cooper add confluence structure to capture these pages

Action Items / Task Lists

  • John Rhoads  ACTION:  Compare capabilities / requirements for using Jira vs. GitHub vs. SourceForge
  • Todd Cooper  ACTION:  Add confluence page for use of System Context w/ subsections for the different subtypes
  • David Gregorczyk ACTION:  Update the SDPi Technical Framework Models page with sequence diagrams
  • Todd Cooper ACTION:  Update confluence content to use Plug-n-Trust (PnT vs. PnP)
  • Todd Cooper ACTION:  Finalize addition of the Narratives to PnT page with the discussion in (3.b) above


 2020-06-09 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
  2. Quiet Hospital
    1. (Rob) Review system configurations from ACM discussion for scenarios to be considered
    2. Narrative / Use Case Analysis update
  3. White Papers

Participants

Todd Cooper Christophe Fournier Kenneth Fuchs Monroe Pattillo John Rhoads Rob Wilder John J. Garguilo Paul Schluter Michael Faughn Javier Espina Kurt Elliason

Koichiro Matsumoto, Jeff Rinda, Tom Kowalczyk

Meeting Notes

  1. General Review & Updates
    1. Reviewed notes from last Tuesday (above)
    2. ACTION:  Reviewed outstanding action items above
  2. Discussion on Narratives & Use Cases / Scenarios (Ken)
    1. Updated narrative story (Ken & Paolo)
      1. CURRENT DRAFT - WORK IN PROGRESS!  
    2. Updated use case diagram (Ken)
      1. Updated systems use case diagram (Ken revised from last week)
      2. This led to a larger discussion about how exactly we should capture this discussion using use case or activity or sequence etc. diagrams 
        1. Michael provided a UML Use Case Diagrams "include" explanation reference , maybe also consider the use case "extend" relationship 
        2. It was agreed that use of "extends" vs. "includes" would be good
    3. Discussion re. escalation complexity and challenges 
      1. QUESTION:  Where would "escalation" fit within the SDC-SDPi+FHIR effort?  In which level does this "live" in the Hanging Gardens model?  
      2. NOTE:  Just marking out-of-scope may be necessary or may be added to a PARKING LOT ... for future efforts
  3. ACM Actor Model Updates (Rob)
    1. (Rob) Reviewed draft ACM actor diagrams (per discussion last week); 
      1. Current Systems Model
      2. Emerging Systems Model (1-2 years)
      3. Future Systems Model AM gets direct from device (3-5 years)
      4. NOTE:  "HUC" = Health Unit Coordinator
    2. Discussion topics included ...
      1. Alert "consolidation", aggregation, ...
      2. Smart / Intelligent Alarming (PARKING LOT)
      3. Use of the previously defined ACM ACON actor (PARKING LOT)
    3. Use Case:  scenario where a device moves from an integrated PoC to mobile / Wi-Fi ... direct-to-AM? ... and back to managed point-of-care
    4. NOTE:  separation of concerns: 
      1. SDC-SDPi at PoC vs. DIS/DAS/CDAS - related but necessarily separate ...
      2. Silent Bed does not imply DIS/DAS/CDAS ... esp. OR!
      3. The QH/SH straddles both the alert distribution management topic as well as the "silent" bed topic, with the latter including intelligent / smart alarming
      4. Technical Framework components will include: SDPi-Alerting + DoF Alerging + PCD ACM'ing ... 
  4. ACTIONS:
    1. (All) Advance discussions during ACM group call this Thursday
    2. (Todd) Add a PARKING LOT section to the Narratives top page to collect topics for future discussion / determination


 2020-06-05 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
  2. SDPi Profile Development
  3. SDC-FHIR 

Participants

Todd Cooper Kenneth Fuchs David Gregorczyk John J. Garguilo Michael Faughn Peter Kranich John Rhoads

Koichiro Matsumoto, 

Meeting Notes

  1. General Update (All)
    1. Reviewed confluence SDPi page updates since last Friday (starting on the Specifications: SDPi IHE ProfilesDoF: Alerting pages
    2. HL7 DoF PSS-1643 IG proposal approved & PSS-1652 white papers proposal closes today - should be approved also
  2. SDPi Sequence Diagrams (David)
    1. Reviewed the sequence diagrams - also posted on the SDPi Technical Framework Models page
    2. Focus was on various external control and alerting sequence diagrams (to be added to confluence pages in subsequent updates)
    3. Future sequence examples will include QH/SH narrative 
      1. CONSIDER:  device delegating to Central Station + DAS/CDAS ... single vs. multiple delegation 
      2. NOTE:  challenge includes actual use case / scenarios for alert/event semantics (nomenclature) etc.  
    4. ACTION:  Todd & David will work to get updated content to the confluence pages next week
  3. Discussion around use of Gherkin & ReqIF etc.
    1. David provided an update on the use of ReqIF for the -1070x standards requirements capture, including the metamodel 
      1. Related to (2.c.ii) above, the question will be how to capture specific alert requirements from layer to layer starting with use case scenarios mapping from Gherkin to ReqIF from layer to layer down to the actual exchange sequences between systems, and integrating (since it is alerting) SES risk control measures (RCM) requirements along the way
    2. Note:  Ken / Michael / Todd have scheduled a focused discussion later today (Friday) on the use case scenarios to Gherkin transfer; will report out next week


 2020-06-02 Tuesday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General project review / updates / planning 
  2. Quiet Hospital:  Development of specific exemplar use cases
  3. White Papers:  Review proposed content pages for the three Gemini SDPi+FHIR White Papers

Participants

Todd Cooper Kenneth Fuchs Peter Kranich Rob Wilder David Gregorczyk John Rhoads Kurt Elliason Michael Faughn Christophe Fournier Monroe Pattillo

Al Engelbert, Jeff Rinda, Koichiro Matsumoto, Priyanka, Javier Espina, Tom Kowalczyk, Dalibor Pokrajac, Adilia Morales

Meeting Notes

  1. Reviewed updates to Confluence pages since last Tuesday's web meeting, including DoF: Alerting and Community Engagement w/ call to join Zulip & Confluence; next focus 
  2. Quiet Hospital 
    1. Ken updated the analysis starting with the narrative and the component use cases for various examples / configurations of equipment and actors and activities / use cases for the Quiet Hospital narrative
      1. Initial use case documentation & graphic presented ... development to continue and presented next week
    2. (Rob) work with ACM working group to craft various configuration scenarios to feed into the use case analysis
    3. (Monroe / Peter) Reference the diagram from the ACM profile for end-to-end management; (Todd) to retrieve and post the graphic here ... somewhere ...
    4. (Todd) Consider adding an intelligent PoC (bedside) "alerting" dashboard / manager toward a silent bedside (or OR table) ... focused on a single SOMDS/ICE 
  3. White Papers: 
    1. Reviewed current status and state of definition;  HL7 PSS-1652 closes review this Friday June 5, 2020
    2. Paper: What is a device? will be the primary development focus for next week; 
    3. Paper: SES MDI - need to engage the SES (QRL) community to help develop the white paper; ISO/TC 215 WG2 PWI resolution going out for approval
    4. Paper: SES Remote Monitoring and Mobile Health 
      1. Question of "lead" HL7 WG (Devices / Mobile Health) + when / how best to engage he communities to develop the paper.


 2020-05-29 Friday Web Meeting

Agenda

  1. General review of updated Confluence content + project planning
  2. Focused review of SDPi+FHIR pages for the specifications development (SDPi supplement & FHIR IGs)
  3. Moving the "Quiet Hospital" work forward now that most of the foundational project work is completed

Participants

Todd Cooper (OR.NET), Michael Faughn (Prometheus), Kenneth Fuchs (Dräger), John J. Garguilo (NIST), David Gregorczyk (Dräger), Peter Kranich (Philips), John Rhoads(Philips)

Meeting Notes

  1. Identification & recording of project participants / team members
    • Decision:  Create THIS page to record meetings and participants and topics and decisions ... etc.
    • Decision:  Capture "team" members in the top-level project / sub-project pages (e.g., Quiet Hospital Narrative participants)
  2. "Specifications: FHIR" confluence page review
    • Discussed initial content of page - see updated edits on "Specifications: Devices on FHIR
    • Note renaming of page (from "Projects: FHIR") to hopefully reduce confusion to casual confluence surfers.
  3. "Specifications:  SDPi" confluence page review
    • Discussed initial content of page - see updated edits on "Specifications: SDPi
    • Note renaming of page from "Projects:  SDPi" to sync with DoF page above 
  4. Advancing "Quiet Hospital" 
    • Focus discussion on how best to turn the corner on developing this narrative to the next level of specification detail
    • DECISION:  Identify a core set of exemplars that can be used as initial requirements cases to test out traceability from the top to bottom of the Hanging Gardens model.  See slide #25 in "From Inspiring Narratives ... to Plug-n-Trust."
    • Note that the use of ReqIF for this was discussed and David Gregorczyk indicated that the IEEE 11073-1070x PKP standards team had decided to use ReqIF for formalizing their requirements.  The group will coordinate with this group and Michael Faughn to develop a common approach to utilizing ReqIF.  See the related slides "From Inspiring Narratives ... to Plug-n-Trust."
 SDPi+FHIR Tasks Report

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Todd Cooper  Craft PlantUML models for high level transactions that would be in TF-1; including updating of actor names per AMS'19 Sessions (Git Task)
10 Jul 2020Todd CooperMeeting Logs & Notes
  • Peter Kranich  Provide summary of Philips-internal QH/SH use cases for consideration
14 Jul 2020Peter KranichMeeting Logs & Notes
  • Michael Faughn   Include Gherkin modeling conventions (e.g., Actor:Patient) into the mapping to ReqIF modeling 
16 Jul 2020Michael FaughnMeeting Logs & Notes
Priyanka ShahMeeting Logs & Notes
Rob WilderMeeting Logs & Notes
Todd CooperMeeting Logs & Notes
  • Todd Cooper  Provide "Cucumber Studio" (Gherkin tool) info to the CA & Tooling group for potential use by the Gemini SDPi+FHIR project
Todd CooperMeeting Logs & Notes
  • Kenneth Fuchs Work with IEEE 11073 SC leadership & AAMI staff around potential duplication with ISO/IEEE projects underway & opportunities for coordinated / collaborative / joint work
Kenneth FuchsMeeting Logs & Notes
Kenneth FuchsMeeting Logs & Notes
Kenneth FuchsMeeting Logs & Notes
Todd CooperMeeting Logs & Notes
  • Todd Cooper Update SDPi transaction messaging sequences & descriptions per discussion
Todd CooperMeeting Logs & Notes
  • Monroe PattilloACM team draft a mapping between ACM profile constructs and 60601-1-8 definitions / constructs
Monroe PattilloMeeting Logs & Notes
Todd CooperMeeting Logs & Notes
Todd CooperMeeting Logs & Notes
Peter KranichMeeting Logs & Notes
Kenneth FuchsMeeting Logs & Notes
Michael FaughnMeeting Logs & Notes
  • Rob Wilder Todd Cooper Provide some UML sequence diagrams for a few of the sue case scenarios that can also be rendered in PlantUML
Rob WilderMeeting Logs & Notes
  • Michael Faughn Consider how to map Gherkin specifications to ReqIF formalization 
Michael FaughnMeeting Logs & Notes