Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-06-01
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerRegretsTony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClure
Riki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexBrett Marquard

xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Mary Ann Boyle







xLynn Laakso

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-05-16 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
    4. Approve Minutes of 2020-05-18 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Guidance: Basic Provenance for C-CDA and FHIR, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1492
    2. Normative Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Results, Release 1 at Project Insight 898
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. Project Approval Request by the FHIR-I WG of the Infrastructure SD for Smart Web Messaging at Project Insight 1597
    2. STU Extension Request by the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Consumer Mobile Health Application Functional Framework (cMHAFF), Release 1 at Project Insight 1452 for 2 years
    3. Normative Publication Request by the Conformance WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Version 2 Conformance Methodology at Project Insight 1396
      Release 1
  5. Approval items for this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Update on September WGM
    2. Ballot Spreadsheet Issues - MK
    3. What does TSC need from the ARB in the next quarter?
  7. Parking Lot
    1. Coordination efforts with external terminology organizations

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Brett here for Provenance discussion. Mary Ann here for WGM update. Lynn here for discussion on ballot spreadsheets.
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. Rob notes that we should postpone the external terminology organizations discussions until we can have someone from HTA present.
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-05-16 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
    4. Approve Minutes of 2020-05-18 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
      1. Both approved via general consent.
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Guidance: Basic Provenance for C-CDA and FHIR, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1492
      1. Brett here to discuss. Reviewed comments. Brett clarifies that the artifact id issue has been taken care of.
        1. MOTION to approve: Melva/David
        2. VOTE: All in favor
    2. Normative Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Results, Release 1 at Project Insight 898
      1. Reviewed comments. Austin notes that a substantive change was noted in the ballot reconciliation spreadsheet. ARB reviewed and determined that the change was not substantive after all. Austin notes that the WG approved it with that notation in there, so they are going back to review and approve the change.  Will come back to e-vote once the updates have been made.
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. Project Approval Request by the FHIR-I WG of the Infrastructure SD for Smart Web Messaging at Project Insight 1597
    2. STU Extension Request by the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Consumer Mobile Health Application Functional Framework (cMHAFF), Release 1 at Project Insight 1452 for 2 years
    3. Normative Publication Request by the Conformance WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Version 2 Conformance Methodology at Project Insight 1396
      Release 1
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. STU Extension Request by the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Consumer Mobile Health Application Functional Framework (cMHAFF), Release 1 at Project Insight 1452 for 2 years
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Update on September WGM
      1. Mary Ann reports they are still working on the costs in the finance committee. Connectathon will be the same rate with an early bird. Believes we are going to leave it to the cochairs on what times they would like to meet, especially in light of the time zone discussions going on. Lorraine: If each WG does their own time zones, that will cause chaos for the joint meetings. Mary Ann notes that FHIR-I didn't hold any joint sessions last time for this reason. Austin clarifies that the virtual WGM will be Monday-Thursday, with a virtual plenary on Monday am Eastern time. Walter: In principle, that is the idea, but logistics are still being worked out. Lorraine: So you're looking at Eastern time for the whole thing? Walter: We were thinking three quarters and we're playing with different time zones. Austin: In terms of messaging for the cochairs today, I'm hearing that there will be more information coming soon, but we don't have it yet. Walter: Correct. We might not be able to do four quarters given the time zone difficulties. Paul: About the best you can do it two quarters in the afternoon. Austin: And others are saying we should do it twice. Lorraine: That's practical for a webinar but not for the WGM. Walter asks what the TSC believes the best approach is? MK: Spread the pain equally. We could split the meetings and have 2 in one time zone in the mornings and 2 in the evenings. Paul: If you do two meetings in the afternoon, nobody is in the middle of the night. Lorraine: Why do we have to do four days in a row - couldn't we spread it out? Virginia suggests recording the plenary. Austin: We'll probably need a separate call with staff and TSC to brainstorm on this. Wayne: Someone will be unhappy no matter what we do. We should do a survey after the cochair meeting today. 
        • Anne Wizauer to set up a doodle poll for TSC/staff to meet on WGM planning in the next couple of days. - 2020-06-04 update: This item on hold for the time being
    2. Ballot Spreadsheet Issues - MK
      1. MK reports that JIRA has a set of requirements. When they attempt to upload the ballot spreadsheet into JIRA, there are a large amount of JIRA errors and there's not a great way to report those. We haven't updated the spreadsheets to match. It is taking an inordinate amount of time to update the spreadsheet to get rid of the errors. Melva states they discussed this at Friday's JIRAcon call. May not be able to make the spreadsheet smart enough to stop the errors. When we move to JIRA balloting, some of the problems will be solved but will be passed on to balloters. Austin: One thing the TSC could do is push to accelerate JIRA balloting and at some point cut off spreadsheets. Lorraine: No, that's not correct. The current design is that organizational balloting has the option to continue spreadsheets. We need to have some design discussion over how to meet the business needs in a more modern way. In the interim we need to have a way to verify when all the spreadsheets have been loaded in so we know we have everything from the ballot. Rob asks why we need to load the spreadsheets in. Melva: The issue is that for FHIR, all of the triage and reconciliation happens in JIRA now. The GOM still calls for spreadsheets; FHIR is under a TSC exception right now. Brett: It will be hard to get rid of spreadsheets because they are so good for large organizations to share comments. Melva: In the original design spreadsheets weren't included, but there was pushback because of the way organizations work. Paul: The TSC should give guidance to  put macros in where possible for the required information. Lynn reports that the last modifications to the spreadsheet were done by Corey Spears so we should consult him. Wayne: We will take this offline to work on the solution. 
        • Wayne Kubick to work with Lynn and others to look into adding macros and making other improvements to the spreadsheet
    3. What does TSC need from the ARB in the next quarter?
      1. Lorraine: ARB is working on the realm transferrable project and reviewing external content. Wondering if work on updating the BAM needs to continue. Austin: The original plan was to do the BAM to the nth degree and that doesn't make sense anymore. We might want some idea of how to integrate US Realm and HTA into the current structure under the TSC - that's one of our big structural changes going on right now. Lorraine: Is that architecture or policy questions? Austin: How do those changes fit into the current structure we have around separation of governance vs. methodology vs. management? Which of those swim lanes do those fit into? What sort of business structure should we have under the TSC to deal with the evolution of steering divisions, management groups, methodology, etc. Rob: In general there are a variety of folks who have angst given that FHIR is such a driver for everything that we do but we have a lack of consistency in structural requirements. Project have been stood up to try to address this concern but ARB might have a place in this. Discussion over product architecture vs. business architecture. Lorraine: In terms of FHIR architecture, we are coming up against fundamental architectural questions. The appetite for discussing them has gotten more positive over the last couple of years. Items are being addressed in MnM, InM, and FHIR-I. Not sure if it makes sense for ARB to try to influence that. Paul: Where we have WGs which are taking existing specs and redoing them in FHIR, using resources in areas which they're not familiar, they are incorrectly casting them in certain cases. They need to go back to the responsible committees. We need to consider a publication process which is standing the document out there for committees to take a look at them and make sure their materials are being used correctly. Lorraine: What is ARB's role in that? Decision to take the discussion offline.
    4. Cochair webinar
      1. We'll be covering WG health. Will be calling out the anesthesia WG who are not posting minutes and inviting them to next week's TSC meeting to discuss. Melva notes they tried to merge with Devices and it didn't work. Austin: The TSC has the authority to dissolve WGs and move the work someplace else. Will also share what we currently know about the virtual WGM. 
  7. Adjourned at 12:00 pm Eastern