Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata



To record your attendance at the SDWG Conference Call, click the sign-on button to the right:




Facilitator:

Austin Kreisler

Date:


Call Details:


 Click for Call Details

Zoom Information

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/465862913?pwd=cUllR1BndVpYNVpyR3dzc3VIUERTZz09

Meeting ID: 465 862 913

Passcode: 310940

Phone Information:

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kb1hK2eKvz




Minutes Approved as Presented 


  • by Structured Documents

Minutes Approved as Presented 


  • by Vocabulary

Minutes Approved as Presented 


Attendees:


 Click here to expand...

Agenda:


10:00am EST

  1. Call to order 
    1. Call for Attendance


  2. SDWG and UTG - as a super voter we need to understand the process we need to follow

  3. How to manage the release of SNOMED COVID codes
  4. Value Sets from the Prior Meeting
  5. C-CDA ValueSet Updates are going.


Notes/Minutes


10:00am EST

  1. Call to order 
    1. Call for Attendance

    2. 3:10pm

    3. Meeting is determined to be quorate for both Vocab and Structured Docs. 

  2. SDWG and UTG - as a super voter we need to understand the process we need to follow

    1. Austin asked if Structured Documents may have a vote as a super-voter in UTG.
    2. Ted mentioned that we started there and questioned if that is where we will continue.
    3. Some groups may have an oversight group that has a backup for things that can weigh-in on a proposal to keep it from moving forward.
    4. The blocker means that somebody in the group has to cast a vote. In the past Austin was always there.
    5. Austin was always trying to determine the impact on the workgroup itself.
    6. There is no longer the live harmonization meeting. It is all asynchronous now.
    7. Ted Klein This is not being used for all IG's currently, but is primarily used for ValueSets that are tied to the UTG.
    8. Rob McClure C-CDA is broad or a subset. A small subset that is in CDA that will also be in C-CDA. Things that we do will have ripple effects across many documents.
    9. Ted Klein What is the volume we are seeing? Harmonization used to touch 15-30 ValueSets and the concepts within them. Expectation is that will increase, but it is not known for sure.
    10. Ted Klein we allowed changes thru harmonization without going thru ballots. We would eyeball changes to make sure it would not break the RIM. Now we can't automate. One place we know breaks implementations is anything that is schema-bound. The only thing we can automate is the schema-bound components (I.e. data-types). What other items should be added to that list of things that should be more tightly controlled?
      • Austin Kreisleridentified things that he and Calvin E. Beebeneed to check out to see what should be included from a CDA perspective.  
      • Andrew Statler put on the agenda to identify the resources that will be on the list for the review for SD for harmonization.  
    11. Which ones do we want to notify because it might break the current implementation?
  3. How to manage the release of SNOMED COVID codes?
    1. LOINC is another place where this comes up.
    2. discussing using code system fragments.
    3. One thing that they are in agreement about is that they need to be part of the code system.
    4. Ted Klein  can say what  we are doing for LOINC and UTG. extensive list of properties. property of experimental or draft or not released. What implementers do with that is another question.
    5. Rob McClure There is a difference when you go between code systems. LOINC is better. They take care of these. SNOMED is not in our code system yet. That means we need to come up with a way to identify what code system version they belong to. To the extent that anyone cares about code system versions, there are issues, because of conformance checks.
      1. VSAC makes a code system fragment that we will need to loosen our statements around. code_system fragment is something that is allowed to have new code systems that are not part of the code system yet. A code system that is an official release. The code system fragment is not in that official release. The fragment is not in that official release. Fragments are where you put things that you can define codes that are part of a code system. They could be part of a published release.
      2. In the FHIR environment, the only thing we can put things in is code_systems or code_system_resource. You create a code_system_resource defined as a code_systems_fragment. You create a fragment - Ted Kleinthat is a bad idea
      3. Ted Klein You create a supplement
        1. can't create supplements
      4. Ted Klein You create a flag
      5. Ted Klein You create a FHIR system resource of SNOMED and the systems cant handle that.
      6. Rob McClure It's an implementation issue. Structured Documents - We have an issue with this. We have these fragments with US specific. It can be done as a fragment.
      7. @Rob     as long as the fragment is part of another code system
      8. Calvin E. Beebe could we just ask Calvin to set up another code system for these fragments?
      9. Rob McClure VSAC just gives them a made-up version id. They made an expansion profile and then got rid of it. 
      10. Austin Kreisler the two ways of doing it has two different impacts on CDA
      11. Rob McClure The upcoming release of C-CDA ValueSets will have provisional codes
      12. Rob McClure By default, C-CDA has taken a stand, in July we will be releasing a version that has the provisional codes.
  4. Value Sets from the Prior Meeting
    1. did not get to this topic
  5. C-CDA ValueSet Updates are going.
    1. did not get to this topic
  6. Adjourned
    1. 3:59pm


 


Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.

 (if macro is empty, update to point to Copyright Footnote)