Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-05-11
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin Kreisler
Tony Julian
Jean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClure
Riki Merrick
Virginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexCarl Anderson

xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) votexJosh Mandel





xBrett Marquard



Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-05-04 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
    4. Next 90 minute call - June
    5. Next cochair webinar: 2020-05-18
      1. Alternative to gold stars
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the FHIR-I WG of the Infrastructure SD for SMART Web Messaging at Project Insight 1597
    2. Updated Standards Lifecycles document from SGB
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote
    1. Informative Publication Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Composite Security and Privacy, Release 1 at Project Insight 529
    2. Normative Publication Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for Privacy and Security Architecture Framework at Project Insight 914
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Informative Document: C-CDA Scorecard Rubric, Release 1- US Realm at Project Insight 1498
    2. STU Publication Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: International Patient Summary, Release 1 at Project Insight 1525
    3. Project Approval Request by the Vocabulary WG of the Infrastructure SD for Guidelines for a Standardized Terminology Knowledge Base at Project Insight 1623
    4. Updated Project Approval Request by Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for Share with Protections White Paper at Project Insight 1566
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Topics for Saturday TSC meeting (2020-05-16, 11am-3pm)
    2. Watching the TSC space for updates
  7. Parking Lot

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-05-04 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
      1. Approved via general consent
    4. Next 90 minute call - June. No specific date set yet.
    5. Next cochair webinar: 2020-05-18 at 4 pm. May be in competition with joint WG meetings. Discussion over postponing. Decision to push it out two weeks.
      1. Alternative to gold stars. Anne discussing with Laura.
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the FHIR-I WG of the Infrastructure SD for SMART Web Messaging at Project Insight 1597
      1. Carl, Josh, and Brett here to discuss. Missed TSC approval deadline for the project.
      2. Referral from Melva on PSS issues. States it's universal but justification is US Regulation. 
      3. Brett states Carl is new to the organization is didn't understand the approval process. Lorraine: It's partly the role of the cosponsoring cochairs as well. Brett: The process just isn't clear to new people. Austin: It's the responsibility of WG cochairs to know the process. 
      4. The consequence of missing the ballot is that it can't ballot until January. Austin asks what breaks other than that. Josh: Organizations looking to adopt this policy don't have anything to do it against. We have good feedback from the implementer community and are not ready to ballot. Lorraine: The PSS should have been done well before this. And Argonaut content is external content because it is closed to many HL7 members. Brett: There is an open chat stream on Zulip, open call for participation. Lorraine: Are the calls announced on the FHIR-I listserve and available for people to attend? Josh: They are announced on Zulip. Josh: This was started as an Argonaut project in 2019 as an accelerator project that was advertised on Zulip. Zulip is not part of the DMP to announce a project so the community was not properly notified. Did the call notifications go out on the call center? Brett: So it sounds like we still need to do an ARB review of the external content due to deficiencies in notifications. Lorraine: An ARB review of the content is what is required, not the PSS. Austin: You should start that immediately. 
        1. Wayne will bring up with the executive committee
      5. Josh: This is a critical window to maintain momentum.
      6. Need to link joint copyright agreement in PSS. Need to get in front of ARB if the material was not developed in an open manner as described by the WG DMP. Need to add a link to the content. Melva notes there is no FHIR IG proposal that she can find. They will need to submit that 3 weeks before the NIB deadline. 
      7. Discussion over realm. Paul raised the issue on FMG. All the participants seem to be US based. The argument was that Cerner and Epic have international experience and reach. Brett agrees. It's not a content guide with realm specific vocabulary - it's an infrastructure guide. Cerner and Epic have a significant international footprint. Giorgio: I agree that Cerner and Epic have international arms but they represent US industry. Lorraine: They are very US centric - they might try to sell their product globally but their viewpoint is US. Rob: We need to re-discuss the process on realms. This seems to be a technically oriented project so the US vs. universal question doesn't seem very important. Josh: We cordoned off everything that was US specific. Paul: If you're taking a universal technology and describing its use, the focus is on an application of that technology that is not content dependent. 
        1. MOTION to table the appeal for 2 weeks until we get a completed PSS: Wayne/Walter
        2. Melva: If we table the motion for the appeal then why would they rush to go through the other approvals? Lorraine: I would vote against tabling the motion. We should decide if we're going to allow the appeal.
        3. AMENDED MOTION to grant the appeal and allow two weeks for them to submit a completed PSS: Wayne/Walter
        4. Rob: It is unfair to keep throwing stuff at people when they're not insiders, especially when it's a purely technical project. Wayne agrees. It's a critical project and we should figure out how to make the process adjust to move it forward. Paul: We raise the timeline where work needs to occur at every WGM and through many email updates and announcements. We haven't changed the fundamentals in 18 years. 
        5. AMENDED MOTION to grant the appeal and allow three weeks for them to submit a completed PSS: Wayne/Walter
        6. VOTE: All in favor
        7. Melva will reach out to Carl to discuss process
    2. Updated Standards Lifecycles document from SGB
      1. Melva asked why de facto was removed. Austin notes that it was put in place to deal with C-CDA and we didn't want to encourage other standards to take that path. Melva: I did think we have a bunch of other standards that may never go normative. It may become more and more common. Sandy: The exceptions section was meant to cover those things. 
      2. Need to clean up formatting that isn't tabular.
      3. Process belongs to TSC; the rules are being proposed by SGB.
      4. Lorraine finds the tabular format easier to read; Melva agrees. At a minimum we need a clean copy without comments. Discussion over normal format for precepts. Because these were inter-related, they were all put on one page. Perhaps we add a column for criteria. Decision to keep tabular format. SGB will edit and send back to TSC when it is a clean copy ready for approval.
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Topics for Saturday TSC meeting (2020-05-16, 11am-3pm)
      1. Need to discuss PSS process. FHIR Community doesn't always follow the same process as the rest of the organization. 
        • Anne Wizauer to add review/edits to implementer role to TSC e-vote
    2. Watching the TSC space for updates
      1. TSC members should watch the space for any updates. Especially watch for agenda updates.