Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-05-04
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin Kreisler
Tony Julian
Jean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClure
Riki Merrick
Virginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote



xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Lynn Laakso







xReed Gelzer

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-04-27 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
    4. Webinar feedback
    5. Elections/Nominating Committee
      1. Up for SD/international affiliate re-election: Riki, Melva, Paul, Virginia, and Jean
      2. Co-chair Elections
    6. Plans for May alternate meeting
      1. Alternate TSC Meeting time poll
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Updated Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for Lower Extremity Skin Wound Assessment FHIR IG at Project Insight 1610
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the PPIE WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Storyboard – Payer Perspective, Value Based Care at Project Insight 1347
    2. Normative Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1 at Project Insight 897
    3. Updated Proposed policy for QA of publications containing FHIR content
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Composite Security and Privacy, Release 1 at Project Insight 529
    2. Normative Publication Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for Privacy and Security Architecture Framework at Project Insight 914
    3. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the FHIR-I WG of the Infrastructure SD for SMART Web Messaging at Project Insight 1597
    4. Updated Standards Lifecycles document from SGB
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Project Proposal testing outcomes
    2. Succession planning/WG quorum availability
    3. Commenting on Expired STUs
  7. Parking Lot
    1. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    2. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    3. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    4. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    5. JIRA balloting and Best practices for ballot review in large organizations

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval 
      1. Agenda accepted
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-04-27 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
      1. Accepted via general consent
    4. Webinar feedback
      1. Webinar went very well. Melva had some feedback on the project proposal which we'll cover later.
    5. Elections/Nominating Committee
      1. Up for SD/international affiliate re-election: Riki, Melva, Paul, Virginia, and Jean
        1. Alternates are the ones who would serve on the TSC nominating committee: MK, David, Rob, Sandy, and Giorgio
      2. Co-chair Elections
        1. If groups are having trouble getting quorum they should consider adding cochairs. Would have to add them as interim. SDs should verify that each of their WGs has people running for each position.
    6. Plans for May alternate meeting and retreat
      1. Alternate TSC Meeting time poll - most popular is 11-3 on the 5/16
      2. Will TSC try to do the face to face retreat, or cancel? Should add what the TSC should be advising the board on to the Saturday agenda and plan on cancelling. Could look at an alternate way to meet with the board.
      3. Walter notes there is a group working on re-envisioning HL7 to deal with COVID impacts now and in the future. TSC feedback on that would be useful. 
      4. Final decision on in-person board retreat will be made as details on cancellation policies become more clear, by June at the latest. TSC members should not make travel plans at this point.
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Updated Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for Lower Extremity Skin Wound Assessment FHIR IG at Project Insight 1610
      1. They need to update cosponsor involvement section. Riki will verify how OO will participate.
      2. Item passes.
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Commenting on Expired STUs
      1. Currently, when an STU expires, the ability to comment on it is removed - except for FHIR. Need to figure out how it will work when we move over to JIRA. 
      2. Wayne suggests adding a statement about the status of the item and how comments will be handled.
      3. Lorraine notes that we're handling a lot of the comments well after the fact. 
      4. Rob notes it should state on the download page if something is expired or not.
      5. Austin asserts that we should enable comments on anything we've published, whether or not it's active or retired. Paul asks what the expectations are for committees to address those?
      6. Lorraine: We shouldn't go to lengths to block things in the new system. There is no reason to do that. 
        1. MOTION that we will no longer prohibit the submission of comments on expired STUs: Wayne/Lorraine
        2. Paul asks about withdrawn STUs. Wayne states we should take that up separately if it needs to be addressed. 
        3. Melva clarifies this is to take effect when we move to JIRA
        4. AMENDED MOTION that we will no longer prohibit the submission of comments on expired STUs when we move to JIRA: Wayne/Lorraine
        5. VOTE: All in favor
    2. Project Proposal testing outcomes
      1. A few issues were found and corrected by Josh - everything is ready to go. 
      2. Feedback from FMG: Paul notes that Brian Postlethwaite brought forward a concern that there was insufficient information gathered on the form for PA to decide on whether or not they wanted to sponsor. 
      3. Lloyd had objections to the process. Suggested also posting on Zulip which the group agrees would be a good idea in addition to the official emails.
      4. Lorraine suggests clarifying the points of the process, one of which is simply start the discussion within a WG on the viability of the project. MK suggests they haven't read the documentation. 
      5. Virginia states this is confusing, the addition of another step. More communication will help. 
      6. Wayne: We need to take a close look at the PSS itself to see what is missing and what is no longer needed there. The PSS task force will look at that. 
      7. Melva has crafted an email announcing the process. 
    3. Succession planning/WG quorum availability
      1. Carry forward
  5. Adjourned at 11:55 am Eastern