HL7 WGs are required to present the HL7 Code of Conduct & the HL7 Antitrust Statement at the beginning of each meeting:
HL7 Antitrust Policy: Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
HSSWG calls are recorded per WG approval during December 16, 2021 conference call unless an objection is sustained.
|Liz Oppenheim (Co-Chair)||Mitre|
|Grey Faulkenberry (Co-Chair)||MayJuun|
|Mohammad Jafari (Co-Chair)||Cognitive Medical Systems|
|Lizz Olson (Co-Chair)||Atrium Health|
|Sheetal Shah||EMI Advisors|
|Karen Bertodatti||EMI Advisors|
|Emma Jones||EMI Advisors|
|Demri Toop||EMI Advisors|
|Gay Dolin||Namaste Informatics|
- Evelyn Gallego, EMI Advisors
- Brenda Akinnagbe, ONC
- Brett Andriesen, ONC
- Courtney Baldridge
- Danyale Jenkins, VA
- Denise Joseph, ONC
- Jawanna Henry, ONC
- Joe Bormel, Cognitive Medical Systems
- John Ritter, EHR WG co-chair, Healthcare Standards Architect
- Karen Bishop
- Kathryn Lucia, The New York eHealth Collaborative (NYeC)
- Ken Lord
- Lisa Moon
- Luigi Leblanc, Zane Networks
- Maria D. Moen
- Mary Kay McDaniel, FM WG co-chair
- Michael Corbin, NewWave/SAFFRON Labs
- Michelle Marie Zancan
- Rita Torkzadeh
- Ruby Nash, Lantana
- Serafina Versaggi
- Skyler Young
- Teresa Gerard, Guardian Group
Decisions / Actions
|1||Welcome and Quorum|
Quorum = 2 co-chairs and 2 guests
Chris reviewed agenda for today.
Meeting deck available here:
|2022-01-13 HSSWG Agenda/Minutes|
- Decision: Approved by general consensus
- Moving forward, Meeting Minutes from the previous meeting will be shared with the listserv ahead of the next meeting.
- Report out on Jan WGM
- CBCP has overlapping interests; Mohammad is co-chair for both HSS and CBCP. HSS will host a joint session with CBCP in May WGM.
- Chris submitted the HSS WG DMP which includes quorum definition of 2 co-chairs + 2 guests to the TSC; e-vote is currently underway.
- WGs are currently conducting ballot reconciliation. Ballots that may be of interest to this group include US Core (calls on Thursdays), Advance Directive Interoperability IG/PACIO (calls on Wednesdays), and Gravity SDOH (calls on Thursdays). Consult HL7 Conference Calendar for meeting information.
- HL7 has new Standards Implementation Division headed up by Viet Nguyen, Chief Standards Implementation Officer at HL7, and Diego Kaminker, Deputy Chief Implementation Officer. The new group will work on reference implementation guides and education.
- May WGM sessions (HSS WG May WGM agenda)
- Deadline for invites for May WGM is on January 28, 2022. Patient Care WG has invited HSS WG to a few sessions in May.
- HSS WG discussed plans to have joint sessions with Patient Empowerment, Patient Care, Gravity (PC), CBCP, and EHR.
- National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) will be transformed into a formal, open, international standard for creating specific automated information exchanges within and across organizations and disciplines. Read more here.
- NIEM is moving from the U.S. Department of Defense to the Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS).
- NIEM was the standard used for the first model of sharing child welfare information across states in the U.S.
- ACF is the HHS steward for NIEM (source).
- 2022 ONC Virtual Annual Meeting Part 1 is taking place February 2-3, 2022; registration is free.
- Action: HSS co-chairs to accept May WGM session invites from Patient Care WG
- Action: HSS co-chairs to join EHR WG co-chairs meeting on Friday, January 28, 2022 at 9:30 am ET to discuss joint WGM session in May.
- Evelyn Gallego will serve as liaison for Gravity Project with the HSS WG
HSS WG Overview
- Chris reviewed the background, areas of focus, and coordination with other WGs and projects. See meeting deck in Agenda Item #2 for more information.
Project overview slides are included in the meeting deck in Agenda Item #2.
- Mohammad Jafari provided an overview on the FHIR Consent Profile for Social and BH use-cases project. No questions.
- Kenneth Salyards and Michelle Marie Zancan presented on Case Management & Referrals project ideas.
- Jira tickets created during WGM that may be relevant:
- Group discussed "client" versus "patient"
- In HL7, both "patient" and "person" are defined.
- Resources can be profiled to meet the use case need.
- "Caregiver" would also need to be defined in certain community-based use cases.
- Data Sharing for Medicaid and Child Welfare Toolkit
- Chris notified the group that HSS WG public calls have been moved from a weekly cadence to every other week.
- The next HSS WG public call is on February 10, 2022.
- HL7 has an entire process for approving projects: HL7 Project Scope Statement (PSS)
- Moving forward, HSS WG public calls are every other week instead of weekly.
- Next HSS WG public call: February 10, 2022
Meeting Adjourned: 4:00 pm ET