Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting url: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/vocab

Date

Time

3:30PM EST (UTC-5).  Quorum  as of 3:36 PM EDT.  Call completed at 5:06PM EDT

Attendees

Apologies

None received

Planned Agenda Topics and Notes

  1. Roll call and Agenda check (Chair)
    Move the PSS discussion earlier in the agenda
    Still waiting for information from HQ about moving to zoom for our conference call.   Information will be distributed if we hear anything.
    Need some time for the FHIR tracker items topic today.
  2. Announcements (all)
    • San Antonio WGM is cancelled an is replaced by a virtual event.  Details coming; registration is open it will be $100USD to participate.
    • Many folks working on HL7 and standard terminology support for the high pressure efforts around the globe related to the pandemic.
    • There will be a virtual connectathon during the WGM time and it will have a terminology services track.  Runs Wednesday through Friday; we will discuss timing below with the agenda discussion.
    • The ballot cycle opened, please submit comments (assuming you did sign up to be part of the ballot pool).   Ballot close is May 11.
  3. Action Items Check  (Chair)
    1. We acknowledge that we need to take care of the items on this list. Rob asks that co-chairs especially review their action items and resolve or update
    2. Attendees and especially chairs are again urged to finish and check off their action items.
       
  4. Standardized Terminology Knowledge Base PSS (Carol/ Ioana Singureanu)
    1. Updated per feedback at Sydney WGM
    2. This was approved on the last call.
    3. We changed the ballot type to Normative (No STU)
    4. After submission to SD then TSC, Carol will create Confluence pages for the project so it is easy to get to from the main vocabulary page.

  5. San Antonio WGM remote access Planning (Chair)
    New agenda for the planned Virtual meeting can be found HERE.  The original San Antonio agenda is here.  
    1. The San Antonio WGM has been cancelled, and has been replaced with a virtual FHIR connectathon event.
    2. We may setup virtual sessions if we feel they are needed, but it is up to us (Vocab WG) to set these up/
    3. We need to work on how and on what schedule we will do virtual sessions
      1. We are expected to set up any joint meetings we want. We need a list of our joints and plan accordingly. There is supposed to be a page to help.
    4. United tickets purchased in March (post-March 2) will not incur a change fee if changed due to the virus 
    5. Initial approach for Vocab:
      1. The WGM is fully cancelled; no announced plans for postponement or virtualization
      2. Joint meetings that were planned are encouraged to set something up in some way
      3. The ballot will continue as originally scheduled
      4. The TSC stated that we CAN do virtual meetings to perform the work that was planned for San Antonio
      5. We will continue refining the topics and the times on this slot on our next call in two weeks.
    6. What will be the planned hours for the FHIR connectathon in May?
      1. Runs continuously from 4PM US Eastern May 13 and runs until 4PM Eastern May 15.
    7. Suggestion:  for the full weeks of May 18 and May 25, Vocabulary WG will hold the time slots 3PM to 5PM Eastern US time for joint call sessions on project topics.  Communicate to our joint partners this strategy and solicit slot grabbing so we can setup joint calls to the topics.  
      1. The lead of the session from San Antonio should send out the missive about the slots to the joint groups.
      2. Let us try to do this in the next days.   Carol will create a page; requests to the other WGs should point to the page and ask them to pick a slot that works.  Do not allocate a slot for others to grab if they are expected to participate in the FHIR connectathon time slots.
      3. The chairs who normally would be required attendees or leaders of the sessions need to get on top of this between now and get it done by Tuesday April 21.
      4. On our next Vocab call we will review and solidify the planned schedule.

  6. UTG Update (Carol/Jess/Ted)
    1. Policy Discussion/Decisions
      1. For a long time we have had the notion of 'convenience copies' of non-HL7 content for which HTA has signed agreements for the republishing of. The poster child for this is the subset of ADA SNODENT codes.   The IGPublishier supports our having our own local CodeSystem resource with this content, but as value sets cite the canonical URL in their <compose> elements they cannot be expanded in the IG even when they are built using only the content HL7 is permitted to republish and has in the UTG codesystem resource.  This triggers a warning in the publisher QA, and the page of the value set definition states that the expansion cannot be generated because there is no access to content.
        1. Is this behavior ok, or do we want to do something different in the IG generation of value set expansions?
        2. Note that certain widely used external coded content, such as ISO 3166 and UCUM have been implemented locally in most servers so that value sets citing the canonical URL can still be expanded.   
        3. There are special cache files for LOINC and SNOMED to provide this functionality.
        4. This is important especially in light of the efforts underway by Paul Knapp and Mary Kay McDaniel to secure permission for the X12n content.
        5. Suggestion:  we make a policy that we enable generation of a value set expansion on a fragment, but a warning with appropriate clear wording is given so folks will know that this was expanded based on a code system fragment and the expansion may be incomplete.   Rob M moves that we do this, and document that we will have a second step later to do somethng more automated and better later, Rob Hausam seconds.    Vote: 8/0/3, carries.  Must be documented.  
      2. We have a number of errors from the implicit value sets generated by the build
        1. For most of these it seems ok, as we have an explicit value set for 'all codes' as well as the generated implicit one
        2. For several UTG vocabularies we have enumerated value sets (explicit).   These have been generated with the same naming convention that is used to algorithmically generate the name of the implicit value sets.  However we get an error because the build generates the implicit value set but we have an explicit one with a different CLD with the same name
          1. We cannot really change the name of the enumerated value set as it has been published in the v2.9 spec already - but with the OID, not necessarily the canonical VS URL.
          2. What is the best solution for this?
          3. Rob M moves that we change the names manually for the explicitly defined value sets for the value sets that include something different from 'all codes', Rob H seconds.   Vote: 11/0/0 carries
      3. There is an open question about canonical URLs for code systems published by organizations outside of HL7.  Most just point to a documentation page about the code system, not a server endpoint or a code system resource.   That is ok.  However, a number of them are published with an extension of .htm or .html; by the Standards, these should be interchangeable, and accessing either one should resolve if the actually file is the other convention.   However, there are some that have surfaced that do not behave this way; only the explicit URL (blahblahblah.htm or blahblahblah.html) will resolve, and typing in the other one gives a 404 error.
        1. What should be the recommended UTG policy on this?  Should there be one?
        2. Should the canonical URL that any UTG value sets use as the compose.system value not use the '.htm' (or '.html')?  Or should it be exactly as published by the content publisher?
        3. Does it matter?
      4. Should the external code system pages (in FHIR current build → Terminologies → Code Systems → External) be in UTG?
        1. If yes, should UTG have a copy of these, or should they be moved there (like the tabs for v2 and v3 code systems will be)?  Julie believes this should absolutely be done.  
        2. Or should we not do this?   
          1. This may be a bad idea generally, and problematical for some particular terminologies
        3. There are complexities around this, and we will return to the discussion later.
    2. Discussion/Decision items
      1. The plan is STILL to:
        1. Final import from the source (coremif for V3, database for V2, FHIR current build code system externals tab for FHIR) has been done.
        2. In order to deal with some gnarly build issues, the decision was made to also import FHIR value sets; these have been imported.
        3. The final cleanup is nearly done.
        4. Do the Initial Publication Release of UTG content April 17 or a shortly afterwards
        5. Launch the Live Pilot April 27
        6. Complete pilot in 1-2 weeks maximum
        7. Go over where we are with TSC and CTO, and seek Go-Live decision
        8. Announce Go-Live to membership and "turn it on" expect early to mid-May
    3. Status
      1. All information is posted on the  UTG confluence pages and immediate priorities are on UTG Project Tasks broken down by milestone (i.e. publish Release 1 of content)

    4. Immediate Priorities
      1. Working through dependencies for Release 1 of UTG Content, see the first two tables in UTG Project Tasks for tasks that need to be done prior to publishing Release 1

      2. Pilot prep 
        1. For Pilot test change proposals for the HL7 Terminology source of truth, we only want those proposals that have been endorsed explicitly and deliberately by the sponsoring WGs
        2. Vocab Co-chairs have been given reviewer permissions on Jira and are also in the Vocab OSG voting group (requirement for approval)
        3. Craig Newman, Rob Hausam, and John Moerke are participating
      3. Verbiage for rendered pages needs updated prior to the Pilot
    5. Recent Progress
      1. Continued to address various content issues
        1. Issues from content testing are done
        2. Currently going through list of issues reported by the IG build and addressing them
      2. HTA approved motion to remove four NUBC Code Systems and HCPCS from UTG
        1. Discussions continue on how that affects CoreMIF generation
      3. Making progress on allowing submission of "Open Issues" in the UTG Jira project
      4. Also working on process to bypass Consensus Review for certain types of proposals 
    6. Support needed from Vocab

      1. Verbiage for rendered content pages. NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS TOPIC (Rob M. suggests something stronger than volunteering) - https://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/UTG/

  7. CPG Project - Profiles Guidelines (Rob McClure)
    Tabled, out of time.

  8. FHIR Tracker Items (Rob Hausam)
    1. Carmela and Rob H. reviewed open JIRAs related to the CodeSystem resource and have 4 open tickets identified as ready to vote.  https://jira.hl7.org/browse/FHIR-15103?filter=12883 
    2. Not yet progress on update of ConceptMap
    3. All folks are requested to join the every other Thursday calls on this topic because without attendees no decisions can be made.  The calls alternative with these main Vocab calls.
    4. Please can folks attend the FHIR tracker calls on the off weeks, we need more people to attend the calls so that we can make progress on the trackers. 
    5. There are a few issues currently marked 'ready to vote'; please look these over as we hope to vote on them on the call next. (same time slot as this call next week). The JIRA query for this is: The JIRA query is named Vocab: ReadyForVote
    6. Tabled, out of time.   Next call

  9. Gender Harmony Project Update (Carol/Rob M) 
    Project is progressing.   Working on figuring out "default values" for the 3 notions.   Every call and meeting progress is being made.   Unknown if a document will be ready for ballot in September or not, all these items turn out to be harder than folks think once one begins digging into them.    Folks with questions or suggestions are urged to go to the Confluence page for the project.
    An AMIA panel topic was submitted for this in mid-November around HIMSS.
    Tabled, out of time.

  10. Liaison Reports   
    1. ISO (Ted) - Fall 2020 meeting tentatively scheduled to be in India in October, but unknown what the status is.

    2. LOINC (Ted/Rob H) - Focus now is rapid release on the new release terms page at LOINC Prerelease page to support the emerging SARS-COV2 and Covid-19 tests.  Rob McClure is trying to get a conversation going on consistency in identification released terminologies that contain pre-release terms.   

    3. HTA (Carol/Reuben) - .

    4. SNOMED (Rob H/Reuben/Peter) - 

  11. New Business
    1. No new business

  12. Next call items
    1. Longer discussion with Grahame on the External code systems content pages and UTG.
    2. Discuss extending the vocab calls to two hours.
       

The call was ended and adjourned at 5:06PM EDT.  Next call scheduled for Thursday April 30, 2020 at 3:30PM Eastern US Time.   Same call and screen share credentials.

Action items

  •