Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-04-13
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
RegretsAustin Kreisler
Tony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne Kubick
Lorraine Constable
Giorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDaniel
Sandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClurexRiki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote



xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Lynn Laakso 







xRachel Foerster

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-04-06 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Making EHR Data More Available for Research and Public Health (MedMorph) Reference Architecture HL7 FHIR Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1611
    2. Motion that the US Realm Steering Committee recommends appointing Ron Parker as the international representative on the US Realm Steering Committee
    3. Missed final content deadline appeal from the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: mHealth ADE Assessment Framework, Release 1
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 Electronic Health Record System Functional Model, Release 2.1 at Project Insight 1381
    2. STU Extension Request from the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 IG: Reporting to Public Health Cancer Registries from Ambulatory Healthcare Providers, R1, DSTU Release 1.1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1069 for 12 months
    3. STU Extension and Unballoted STU Update Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Birth and Fetal Death Reporting, Release 1 STU Release 2 at Project Insight 816
    4. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for Lower Extremity Skin Wound Assessment FHIR IG at Project Insight 1610
    5. Standards Lifecycles - Draft from SGB
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Continuity, training, and succession planning
  6. Parking Lot
    1. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    2. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    3. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    4. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    5. JIRA balloting and Best practices for ballot review in large organizations

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. Lynn adds a topic around the approved final content deadline appeal from Mobile Health
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-04-06 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Approved via general consent
  2. Review action items 
    1. Action items
      1. Discussion over survey item. Need to outline the process of getting a survey approved by HL7. MK will send document for review.
      2. Updated action items/checked off complete items
      3. Terminology boilerplate language - need to figure out how to implement approved language. Wayne will talk to Grahame about it.
  3. Discussion topics:
    1.  final content deadline appeal from Mobile Health
      1. Lynn notes they did not get the content in. Now they would need to request an out of cycle ballot. They've been having trouble getting the WG to approve content due to a lack of quorum at meetings. Wayne asks Lynn to send them a note and copy him. Discussion over final date they could do an out of cycle ballot. Decision that they would have to open by April 29th.
    2. Continuity, training, and succession planning
      1. This isn't just for TSC chair, but also SD and WG cochairs. May have people with time issues due to pandemic work. Need to refresh cochair training as well. Discussion over whether or not the board retreat/TSC retreat will go ahead. A deadline for the decision will be announced soon. Rob: How do we get people active without necessarily becoming cochairs? Add topic of succession planning for cochairs - do a survey prior to April 30th webinar to assess the health of the cochair leadership and quorum capabilities.
      2. Discussion over TSC chair role. Should there be term limits? The criteria for running may need to be looked at. There have only been three TSC chairs total at this point. There aren't a lot of people willing to put the investment in for this type of role.
      3. Wayne had talked to Stan about using the leadership development program for the TSC as well as the board. 
      4. Jean departs.
      5. MK: We push hard to get technical people in. Perhaps we should push for a different type of HL7 members who would help support the technologists to do what they do and also support the organization in the way that it needs. 
  4. Parking Lot
    1. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
      1. Some work has been done on this in the accelerator space. 
  5. For next week: TSC members to bring forward topics to be added to the cochair webinar agenda (can add right to the page) and topics for what would have been the May Saturday TSC meeting
  6. For next week: Figure out when the alternative to the May Saturday TSC meeting will be and other logistics
  7. Adjourned at 11:57 AM Eastern