L. Johns: "Eviction...is this a customary statistic to collect for SDOH health assessment? Corona crisis reveals that prohibiting eviction is perceived as critical government intervention based on protecting health. Trying to connect this policy to what we're talking about."
Jim Meyers DR, PH: "At LA DHS, we have discussed the value of both our knowledge of where active housing connections are and OneDegree's knowledge as the County/State reaches out to house people as quickly as possible to limit COVID exposure."
Anupm: "Is there a need to separate past housing stability vs future stability in housing situation? This is especially relevant in the current crisis, where people may not be feeling confident in having stable housing in the next 6 months and it's interrelationship with behavioral health."
Priyanka Surio, MPH, PMP, CHES: "Hi Gravity Project Leads, I think it’s really great that you all are collecting thoughts/feedback around pandemics. Outlined below are a few items on my radar, but I would be happy to tease these out further with you all. Also – thanks again to your team at EMI for demoing the tool to my colleague Ellen and I from ASTHO.
- Vulnerable populations – assessing their relative risk and available resources to include those beyond healthcare (to some extent food insecurity has increased or worsened in light of COVID-19)
- Tribal populations (improved data collection and connection with resources/healthcare)
- Rural populations – access to healthcare and resources
- Elderly populations, including how we are able to provide care for them in this time for other comorbidities or disabilities
- Homeless population
- Housing availability (working with housing authorities to provide housing for first responders and also vulnerable populations, and those on quarantine)"