Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/946185906
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 946 185 906

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/anne498
Dial-in number (US): (712) 451-0423

Access code: 935633#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/anne498
Online meeting ID: annd498

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/946185906

Date: 2020-04-06
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClurexRiki Merrick
Virginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexKathleen Connor

xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) votexLloyd McKenzie

x

Lynn Laakso



xSuzanne Gonzalez-Webb





xKeith Boone





xJohn Moehrke





xRichard Esmond



Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-03-30 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
    4. Virtual Connectathon update
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. All GOM Update Items
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Making EHR Data More Available for Research and Public Health (MedMorph) Reference Architecture HL7 FHIR Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1611
    2. Motion that the US Realm Steering Committee recommends appointing Ron Parker as the international representative on the US Realm Steering Committee
    3. Missed final content deadline appeal from the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: mHealth ADE Assessment Framework, Release 1
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Request to postpone the FHIR IG component of the HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 – US Realm ballot
    2. Situation Awareness for Novel Epidemic Response FHIR IG PSS 
    3. Project Proposal/PSS Process Update - Melva
    4. Continuity, training, and succession planning
  6. Parking Lot
    1. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    2. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    3. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    4. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    5. JIRA balloting and Best practices for ballot review in large organizations

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Guests here for SANER project and Cross Paradigm ballot item.
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-03-30 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
      1. Minutes accepted via general consent
    4. Virtual Connectathon update
      1. Wayne reports it will be the Wed-Friday before the WGM was planned. Will have a $100 registration fee. Will be a continuous stream that people can drop in and out of. Lots of details still to work out.
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. All GOM Update Items
      1. Overall comment from ARB: Piecemeal changes to the GOM, which needs total overhaul, is an exercise in futility. Urgent tweaks could be made but we're not dealing with the core problem. Jean notes that TSC approved the updated TOC and the next step is to update content. We still need to move forward with fixes in the meantime. There is a two phase process to updating the GOM. Phase one is reorganizing the GOM to a new TOC which was approved. Phase 2 is when actual updates to the content are made. Lorraine: We should only make urgent changes until we do the re-write so we don't create more of the same problems.
      2. Non-normative components:
        1. SGB has a precept about this. It is clearly a scope change. SGB will forward the precept to the GOC for review. 
      3. Letters of support
        1. Need to be clearer on the scope to avoid unintended consequences and impacts. Is the intent to block all letters of support, or only for grant applications? 
      4. SGB
        1. MK suggested wording revision. Lorraine suggests we need to wait and look at it in context of the rewrite. Adding something to deal with SGB is part of the structural reorganization. Austin suggests it's a critical change that should be dealt with.
          1. MOTION to take MK's suggested edits back to GOC: Jean/Paul
          2. VOTE: All in favor
      5. Management Groups:
        1. MOTION to forward MK's suggested edits back to GOC: MK/Sandy
        2. VOTE: All in favor
      6. Jean will take feedback to the GOC that we don't want to see more updates until more work is done on the overhaul, but notes that some of these updates are due to the rewrite.
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. Request to postpone the FHIR IG component of the HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide: US Regulatory Security Labeling, Release 1 – US Realm ballot
      1. Lloyd reports that there is a single ballot item that they intend to publish as two components - one as an implementation guide and one as another component. FMG found significant quality issues with the IG and recommended that it did not proceed to ballot. The project team stated they intended to yank the IG portion and roll some of the FHIR content into the non-FHIR portion. Concerns about inclusion of FHIR content in a non-FHIR IG. Would not be publishing in the same way we publish FHIR everywhere else, would lack regular quality checks, and sets a bad precedent.
      2. Kathleen states they were just going to put an example in. Would like to have it published as a constraint of the FHIR DS4P. She reports they have run out of time and wants to pull the ballot entirely. Asks if it's appropriate in the future for FHIR items to be balloted in a way that is outside the FHIR tooling. Lloyd will take the question back to the FMG to draft a policy for TSC review. Need boundaries around types of content and how much. 
      3. Lynn reports there are two other FHIR IGs that didn't meet the content deadline - ADE Assessment Framework and Breast Cancer Data. 
      4. Melva notes the NIBs need to be separate in September - one for the FHIR IG and one for the other content.
    2. Situation Awareness for Novel Epidemic Response FHIR IG PSS 
      1. MOTION to approve: Wayne/Dave
      2. VOTE: All in favor
      3. Keith thanks the TSC for moving so quickly. Would like to thoroughly test this in May and need testing support. Would like IHE and HL7 to do a testing track. Paul suggests talking to AEGIS.
    3. Project Proposal/PSS Process Update - Melva
      1. Link to Melva's presentation: 
      2. Project Proposals
        1. Melva presents update.
        2. Project proposal registers the intent to initiate a new project. Notifies others, seeks a sponsor in the absence of one, seeks cosponsors and other interested parties. Reviews business model.
        3. Planning to implement starting late April
        4. Would like help testing scenarios over the next couple of weeks
      3. PSS Workflow
        1. Replaces sequential approvals - will be consensus review. The only approval point in the process beyond the sponsoring WG is by the TSC.
        2. SDs will review WG Health and PBS metrics of the sponsoring WG and looking to see if the right parties have been tagged to participate.
        3. Sponsoring WG will be responsible for reconciling comments made during the review period. Must formally respond to each comment or request for change.
        4. Rob suggests SDs could work to ensure that the sponsoring WG has addressed all comments.
        5. Target to start implementation in June
    4. Richard Esmond joins to discuss Breast Cancer Data IG issues. FMG decided that the ballot could go forward if quality issues are fixed. The other issue is that the final content hasn't been submitted and has missed the deadline. CIC is the sponsor. Richard reports the content is there but Lynn wasn't notified and the checklist wasn't submitted. Richard reports he doesn't know how to find some approval dates, etc. Melva will help.
      1. MOTION to approve missed deadline appeal: Melva/Paul
      2. VOTE: All in favor
    5. Continuity, training, and succession planning
      1. Carry forward
  4. Adjourned at 12:32 pm Eastern