xt Meeting Information
Time: Monday, October 18, 2021 10:00-11:00AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) / 2:00-3:00PM UTC
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 942 2654 0637
H - HTA Member
O - observer
L - liaison
P - present
A - Apologies
|H||P||Susan Matney||Intermountain Health|
|H||Sylvia Thun||HL7 Germany|
|H||P||Carol Macumber||Clinical Architecture|
|H||Davera Gabriel||Johns Hopkins University Institute for Clinical and Translational Research|
Meeting Minutes from Discussion
HTA and TSMG:
- Discuss the current request and make changes to it (if necessary).
- Current request:
- The existing HTA members that are not currently appointed to the TSMG be appointed as TSMG members effective immediately
- As defined by the GOM and HTA Charter, the newly appointed TSMG members from HTA continue their duties as a TSMG sub-group until a time at which the GOM has been updated AND the TSMG is ready for integration of these responsibilities into their routine activities.
- The current chair of HTA become a chair of TSMG, further ensuring a smooth transition and integration of the HTA into the TSMG
- Raise a motion and formally vote to endorse the HTA request and for this request to be put to the TSC at their next meeting..
- For all HTA members who are not already members of the TSMG to confirm that they are comfortable becoming members of the TSMG.
|Continued from previous||Carol & Reuben|
- Discussion on request
- RB: What does it mean to have HTA be part of TSMG
- RD: Effectively members of TSMG and HTA. No practical difference until GOM can be changed and TSMG can state more formally how the HTA (or it's members) will function within the TSMG. Does providing voting rights within the TSMG for things like TSMG leadership. TSMG members are assigned by TSC while HTA members were assigned by the board. Inclusion of the HTA chair into the TSMG as a chair will help ensure integration within the TSMG. One related point to note is that TSMG chairs were not envisioned to also be chairs of their corresponding management group (Vocab). An exception is likely to be asked for of TSC to ensure, at least for Reuben (if he were to be elected). that he retains his vocab chair.
- SM: Terms...perhaps the HTA terms (1 year vs 2 years) might carryover?
- RD: Terms will be set once TSMG membership has be set. Some TSMG members have made their preferences known
- RB - Okay with 1 year term if necessary
- RB: Would like to ensure that we strongly endorse that Reuben retain his vocab co-chair. RM will likely withdraw his TSMG nomination and remain his slot as TSC rep.
- Motion to endorse
- SM Moves: RB Seconds: Motion Passes 3-0-0
- Confirmation of which HTA members are comfortable to join the TSMG
- Those present. RD to confirm with ST that she is comfortable with proceeding
Call adjourned at 10:26 EST