Date

 

ChairJohn Hatem
StatusComplete
Comments

Dial-in Number

  • One tap mobile
    +13126266799,,3231998494# US (Chicago)
    +13462487799,,3231998494# US (Houston)
  • Dial by your location
    +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
    +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
    +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
    +1 253 215 8782 US
    +1 301 715 8592 US
    Meeting ID: 323 199 8494
    Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aLIcTlITh

Web session

Attendees

NameOrganization
John Hatem (Chair)
Tim McNeil
Stephen Chu
Peter Sergent
Christof Gessner
Scott Robertson
Danielle Bancroft
Frank McKinney
Corey Spears
Katie Russell

Agenda Items and Notes

Meeting Notes from previous meeting

Project Review

Project Proposals

  • Project Proposals in Review 
    • Extended RBC phenotyping-genotyping FHIR IG PSS-1871 - Getting issue details... STATUS - reviewed and commented on
    • CodeX Radiation Therapy Treatment Data PSS-1870 - Getting issue details... STATUS - reviewed and commented on

Project Scope Statements

  • Project Scope Statements
    •  NIH Maternal Health for Research - are interested in participating in this project? PSS-1832 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      • Project team will come to a meeting to review
      • - reviewed and commented on

September WGM Agenda 

  • Recap
    • FHIR R5 is now confirmed for May 2022 Ballot Cycle - need to determine what work is needed to move resources to higher maturity and/or normative
    • New Resource - FormularyItem - need to draft resource proposal
    • Pharmacy Template - STU extension

Discussion of MedicationKnowledge changes (Jean Duteau)

  • no discussion

Catalog Updates (John Hatem)

  • - John informed Catalog team that Pharmacy will be creating a new resource e.g. FormularyItem

Workflow Update (John Hatem) 

  •  

Healthcare Product Update (John Hatem)

  •   Device/port discussion from Oct 7th
    • Met with Patient Care and there were three options that were discussed 
      • Option 1: Use Device and Device.link, where Device is used to represent the triple lumen and Device.link is used to represent the port e.g. distal
        • This approach may or may not have an ID for the triple lumen device 
      • Option 2: Use Device and Device.parent where Device is used to represent the port e.g. distal, and Device.parent is used to represent the triple lumen
        • This approach may or may not have an ID for the triple lumen device. This approach was thought to best represent the relationship between port and triple lumen
      • Option 3: Use Device and Device.property, where Device is used to represent the triple lumen and Device.property is used to represent the port. 
        • This approach was not favored.  The discussion raised the issue that the ports in a triple lumen catheter are "devices".  Note, when we say port, each port is essentially a tube within the larger triple lumen, each of these ports may have other features e.g. temperature sensors which may also be treated as devices.   
    • Options will be coming through Hans B, where Pharmacy will need to "decide"
      • there are a few other considerations
  • Biologically derived product moving along
    • status update - open issue, no pharmacy review completed as of this date
    • There will be a new biologically-derived product
    • Pharmacy needs to consider how we can reference this new resource
      • will potentially need to include this in orders, dispense, administration

NCPDP Updates (NCPDP Members)

  • NCPDP Task Group working on Patient Consent - for specialty prescribing -  Frank McKinney
    • have approved scope changes to PSS - Specialty Enrollment PSS
    • reaching to CPCP to be a co-sponsor to develop consent
    • still needs to be approved by TSC for scope change
  • Standardized Medication Profile - Standardized Medication Profile Jean Duteau
    • published as Informative
  • MTM - create FHIR IG Scott M. Robertson
    • clarification of what this FHIR project would be:  The MTM project updated the C-CDA CMR document in 2012.  We’re waiting for MCC eCare Plan care summary to be complete to see if we can repurpose the MCC care summary for a FHIR version of the MTM CMR.

  • RealTime Pharmacy Benefit Check for Consumers (Tim McNeil/Frank McKinney)
    • Task Group has met - looking to see if CARIN FHIR IG will work for requirements
      • recommended that no further work be done and that the CARIN IG be used
      • may lead to some changes to the CARIN IG based on NCPDP updates
  • Consultant Pharmacist Task Force (Shelly Spiro/Scott Robertson)
    • PSS in development
  • Specialty Enrolment PSS (Frank/Maggie)
    • see above

Global Supply Chain Project (Scott)

  • Wayne is looking into the status of this project

Medication List Guidance project (John)

  •  
    • Status:  Update to PSS - update to reflect that we are no producing a FHIR IG
    • Will not produce an IG - will be updating/adding new content in the Medication Overview or in the specific resource - guidance on medication list
    • In progress: John will be adding pages in Confluence for review (currently in Word Documents)
      • current work is on Medication Administration Records (MAR)
    • Stephen C:  how does this relate to a list of medications that the patient is on
      • John H: that list is one of the various lists covered in the overall project.  The MAR discussion is a just one (a different) example of Medication List
      • Another context within in Medication List Guidance is the Reconciled Medication List

Projects

Pharmacy Templates

  • STU Extension Request
    • submitted to CDAMG
  • Unballoted STU Update
    • Giorgio to work on updates
    • once done will put out for a STU update
    • Christof to add additional requirements and information

V3 Medication Knowledge

  • Jean D not available

PDex Formulary (Corey)

  • STU Update status - approved by FMG; now at TSC - 1.1
    • confirm with Anne Wizauer if it is included in TSC eVote
  • STU Extension status - send to TSC
    • confirm with Anne Wizauer if it is included in TSC eVote
  • STU2
    • 21 issues to be included
    • a couple of items still need discussion in Pharmacy and a further 5 that DaVinci is still discussion
    • Will do Block Votes for those that are ready
    • Corey to prepare Block Votes
    • NIB - Melva to draft NIB and forward to Corey
  • Corey: DaVinci Formulary/Med Knowledge
    • Alternative Medications
      • STU1 IG has an extension for alternatives
      • STU2 Draft IG has ...
        • administrationGuideline.indication
        • medicineClassification
      • Need to find a way to find a means to find alternatives which meet the various "criteria"
        • the prescription has an indication, the prescribed medication has one or more classifications
        • query the formulary for products with the same indication / classifications
        • the discussion continued ...
      • Asked Corey if this is answering his question:  not really

FHIR (Group)

BR&R managed resources review

New Resource - FormularyItem

  • Resource proposal - target for May 2022
  • - status of resource proposal 

Preparation for Normative

  • QA Conformance Tracker Updates
    • Reach out to Sarah - NHSN IG - implementers of MedAdmin
    • no discussion

Trackers - link to pharmacy unresolved Jira trackers 

Any Other Business

  • Discuss Port/Lumen requirements and potential solution - Oct 18 meeting

Next meeting

  • October 18, 2021