Dial-in Number

  • One tap mobile
    +13126266799,,3231998494# US (Chicago)
    +13462487799,,3231998494# US (Houston)
  • Dial by your location
    +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
    +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
    +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
    +1 253 215 8782 US
    +1 301 715 8592 US
    Meeting ID: 323 199 8494
    Find your local number:

Web session


Melva Peters
John Hatem
Tim McNeil
Stephen Chu
Peter Sergent
Christof Gessner
Scott Robertson
Danielle Bancroft
Frank McKinney
Corey Spears
Darrell Woelk

Agenda Items and Notes

Meeting Notes from previous meeting

Project Review

Project Proposals

  • Project Proposals in Review 
    • Extended RBC phenotyping-genotyping FHIR IG PSS-1871 - Getting issue details... STATUS - reviewed and commented on
    • CodeX Radiation Therapy Treatment Data PSS-1870 - Getting issue details... STATUS - reviewed and commented on

Project Scope Statements

  • Project Scope Statements
    •  NIH Maternal Health for Research - are interested in participating in this project? PSS-1832 - Getting issue details... STATUS
      • Project team will come to a meeting to review
      • - reviewed and commented on

September WGM Agenda 

  • Recap
    • FHIR R5 is now confirmed for May 2022 Ballot Cycle - need to determine what work is needed to move resources to higher maturity and/or normative
    • New Resource - FormularyItem - need to draft resource proposal
    • Pharmacy Template - STU extension

Discussion of MedicationKnowledge changes (Jean Duteau)

  • no discussion

Catalog Updates (John Hatem)

  • no update

Workflow Update (John Hatem) 

  • some pattern work that Lloyd needs to address - may have an impact on pharmacy resources
  • VisionPrescription - will no longer be a resource

Healthcare Product Update (John Hatem)

  •  looking at dealing with device/port discussion
    • meeting on Thursday, Oct 7th - John will attend
    • Stephen to forward to meeting information to John
  • Biologically derived product moving along - Pharmacy needs to review
    • may need to make changes to MedRequest and maybe others - to deal with Biologically Derived Products

NCPDP Updates (NCPDP Members)

  • NCPDP Task Group working on Patient Consent - for specialty prescribing -  Frank McKinney
    • have approved scope changes to PSS - Specialty Enrollment PSS
    • reaching to CPCP to be a co-sponsor to develop consent
    • still needs to be approved by TSC for scope change
  • Standardized Medication Profile - Standardized Medication Profile Jean Duteau
    • published as Informative
  • MTM - create FHIR IG Scott M. Robertson
    • unsure of status
  • RealTime Pharmacy Benefit Check for Consumers (Tim McNeil/Frank McKinney)
    • Task Group has met - looking to see if CARIN FHIR IG will work for requirements
      • recommended that no further work be done and that the CARIN IG be used
      • may lead to some changes to the CARIN IG based on NCPDP updates
  • Consultant Pharmacist Task Force (Shelly Spiro/Scott Robertson)
    • Project Proposal has been accepted
    • next step is a Project Scope Statement - Scott to work on
  • Specialty Enrolment PSS (Frank/Maggie)
    • see above

Global Supply Chain Project (Scott)

  • Scott to reach out - copy Wayne Kubick

Medication List Guidance project (John)

  • Update to PSS - update to reflect that we are no producing a FHIR IG
  • Will not produce an IG - will be updating/adding new content in the Medication Overview or in the specific resource - guidance on medication list
  • John will be adding pages in Confluence for review (currently in Word Documents)


Pharmacy Templates

  • STU Extension Request
    • submitted to CDAMG
  • Unballoted STU Update
    • Giorgio to work on updates
    • once done will put out for a STU update
    • Christof to add additional requirements and information

V3 Medication Knowledge

  • Withdrawal request-  submitted to ANSI

PDex Formulary (Corey)

  • STU Update status - approved by FMG; now at TSC - 1.1
    • confirm with Anne Wizauer if it is included in TSC eVote
  • STU Extension status - send to TSC
    • confirm with Anne Wizauer if it is included in TSC eVote
  • STU2
    • 21 issues to be included
    • a couple of items still need discussion in Pharmacy and a further 5 that DaVinci is still discussion
    • Will do Block Votes for those that are ready
    • Corey to prepare Block Votes
    • NIB - Melva to draft NIB and forward to Corey

FHIR (Group)

BR&R managed resources review

New Resource - FormularyItem

  • Resource proposal - target for May 2022
  • Update to PSS - Melva to reach out to Jean about the PSS update

Preparation for Normative

  • QA Conformance Tracker Updates
    • Reach out to Sarah - NHSN IG - implementers of MedAdmin
    • no discussion

Trackers - link to pharmacy unresolved Jira trackers 

Any Other Business

Next meeting

  • October 11, 2021