|John Hatem - Chair|
|Scott Robertson - Scribe|
|Christof Gessnet||HL7 Germany|
|Shelly Spiro||Pharmacy HIT Collaborative|
Agenda Items and Notes
Meeting Notes from previous meeting
- 2021-08-30 Agenda/Meeting Notes
- accepted with general concensus
Project Scope Statements
September WGM Agenda
- September 2021 Virtual WGM Agenda
- reviewed, see agenda link for details and updates
- Wednesday Q3 cancelled
Discussion of MedicationKnowledge and possible issues for CDS
- Jean working on getting Francois and Bryn's requirements incorporated - hope to have it in by the end of week
- may need to include insurance plan in the MedKnowledge - to be able to specify what drugs are covered under a specific plan - need to come back to this discussion
Catalog Updates (John Hatem)
- - I was unable to attend last Friday, Sept 10 meeting.
Workflow Update (John Hatem)
- No meeting today
Healthcare Product Update (John Hatem)
- Trackers were discussed. No Pharmacy specific issues
NCPDP Updates (NCPDP Members)
- NCPDP Task Group working on Patient Consent - for specialty prescribing - Frank McKinney
- Standardized Medication Profile - Standardized Medication Profile Jean Duteau
- MTM - create FHIR IG Scott M. Robertson
- RealTime Pharmacy Benefit Check for Consumers (Tim McNeil/Frank McKinney)
- Consultant Pharmacist Task Force (Shelly Spiro/Scott Robertson)
Global Supply Chain Project (Scott)
Medication List Guidance project (John)
- overview, slides at
- What is the purpose of Medication List? transfers of care, medication reconciliation.
- Project is to provide general guidelines
- Based on the Context. For example,
- eRx med list providing views of MedRequest status (active, on-hold, completed, etc)
- patient specific med list organized around what the patient states they at taking
- Medication lists resulting from a medication reconciliation process
- list of medication that may be packaged together
- dispensed medications
- medication administration lists
- medication history
- medication related claims
- required data elements may differ in different contexts, for example, medication claims need data required for claims (e.g., NDC) that may not be needed for medication prepack list
- one part of the project is to add section to MedicationAdministration to describe contexts/use cases, synonyms, definitions. with examples for the required/optional elements, filtering criteria
- Question (Shelly) - where is medication start/stop. response: if needed by the context, as long as it is represented in the resources, then it can be potentially included.
Specialty Medication enrollment (Frank)
- need to expand scope for consents, will need to submit amended PSS.
NHSN Inpatient Medication Administration (Sarah)
- Publication request pending last few negatives, some cleanup. Reviewed publication request form.
- Motion to approve: Sarah Gaunt/Melva Peters, 13-0-0, Approved
PDex Formulary (Corey)
- Request for time at WG meeting
- Da Vinci Formulary STU-1.1.0-Update
- Proposed Formulary Structure presented (powerpoint to follow)
- Co-chairs to send out update email to stakeholders, Zulip, Pharmacy List - give them a 2 week review period - add comments to Jira trackers - add grouping to the specific issues
- ONO is looking at creating catalogs for formulary.
- Instead of a 1:1 relationship Formulary to Drug, it proposes a Catalog or group of drugs.
- Drug is 1:1 for insurance plan
- Future (R5) could include a CatalogHeader that points to a topic (eg. Insurance Plan) with the CatalogHeader related to a Group. This approach is under discussion
- Considering use of basic (extensions can remain largely the same) then be updated for R5
- Upcoming Connectathon will be key. Testing planned later this year before ballot.
- no discussion needed
Trackers - link to pharmacy unresolved Jira trackers
Any Other Business
- September 20 - WGM - Monday Q2
- October 4, 2021 for next call