Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/479171127
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 479 171 127

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2020-03-30
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva Peters
Paul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart

David PykexRob McClurexRiki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote



xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote













Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-03-23 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. 90-minute call on April 6
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern, Release 2 at Project Insight 1512
    2. Recirculation Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1 
    3. Recirculation Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Results, Release 1
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. GOM Updates
    2. Proposed SANER COVID-19 IG
    3. Others tbd
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Responding to Cancellation of San Antonio WGM
    2. Plans for Virtual Connectathon 
    3. Project Approval Request by the Cross-Group Projects WG of the Organizational Support SD for Marketplace Product Packaging and Metadata at Project Insight 1608
      1. Joint publication agreement update
    4. UTG Update
    5. Agile Standards Task Force update
    6. SANER PSS
    7. COVID-19 Response Page on Confluence
  6. Parking Lot
    1. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    2. Continuity, training, and succession planning (from 2020-02-01 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes)
    3. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    5. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    6. JIRA balloting and Best practices for ballot review in large organizations

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. No visitors
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-03-23 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Approved via general consent
    4. 90-minute call on April 6
  2. Discussion topics:
    1. Responding to Cancellation of San Antonio WGM
      1. WGs are confused over whether or not they should schedule joint meetings like they would've had at the WGM. Lorraine suggests having a Confluence page where groups can list what they're doing.
      2.  Walter explains the decisions made by the board. The in person meeting was cancelled but the ballot continued as planned. The next decision was not to replace the in person with a virtual 5 day meeting because of time zones and challenges with holding prolonged meetings via conference call. WGs are invited to schedule extended calls and joint WG meetings to work on ballot reconciliation and they can do so over a period of weeks rather than just one week.
      3. We need to communicate to WGs that they are welcome to schedule them. Rob states not all the meetings are about ballot reconciliation. Need to communicate that this isn't a replacement but HQ will help you get joint meetings scheduled.
      4. Walter agrees and will work with HQ on messaging. Wayne states he sent out one message regarding this last week and will continue to send out more details as they're finalized, at minimum once a week. Austin notes that we're also having another cochair webinar. 
      5. Need to get Zoom set up. May need to reopen the meeting scheduler.
    2. Plans for Virtual Connectathon 
      1. Wayne reports that plans are evolving. Input from the community is being gathered. Not sure when it will be. David sent out a request for input. Lorraine notes that should to somewhere other than just Zulip.
    3. Project Approval Request by the Cross-Group Projects WG of the Organizational Support SD for Marketplace Product Packaging and Metadata at Project Insight 1608
      1. Joint publication agreement update
        1. Austin notes that it originally lacked an agreement but one is now in place. 
          1. MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Sandy
          2. VOTE: All in favor
    4. UTG Update
      1. Wayne sent out a plan and testing update to the TSC list last week. Things are on schedule and they're working out the bugs. Several quality issues need to be resolved. Need to pick a cochair webinar date.
    5. Agile Standards Task Force update
      1. Austin reports the task force is working through how to have the WGs make updates to the current state of various standards on the products grid. Decided to defer moving forward on this due to the current issues with COVID 19. Lorraine notes that that we need to put the definitions somewhere easy to find.
    6. Introduced the SANER PSS to TSC. Austin requests that people take a look at it as we want to get it approved on next Monday's call. David describes the project. PA will be the primary WG with support from OO. Will be pushed into the hands of developers on Friday and ownership will be turned over to HL7. MK notes that NIEM has an emergency management domain and they should make sure not to step on anyone's toes. Walter notes there is also a need for improved communication of lab results. David reports things will be added to this project. Rob asks who is doing the vocab to support this? David reports that everyone is. David states there is a Zulip chat on COVID 19 response where questions can be asked/issues discussed. 
    7. PSS will be in this week's e-vote for comments with official vote next week. David invites people to send questions to him and Hans.
    1. COVID-19 Response Page on Confluence
      1. Wayne states people can use this page to share information and ideas as we figure out how HL7 can support activities. Discussion over numerous projects popping up that we'll be fast tracking. Need to coordinate to avoid overlap. 
  3. Adjourned at 11:53 am Eastern